Cheap mod for Aero S wheels

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
As an alternative option, I put the black wrap on to leave the spokes in silver
I really like how this style looks too. I wish I had tried that first as it was much easier so I could have compared in person because for something like this photos don't quite do it all justice. I feel like the style I went with looks a lot like the older 911 Sport Techno wheels that I like.

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Phew! That was a tiring 7 hours spent lying on the garage floor...
Well done! I personally think it looks great. The combination with the color of the car works very well.

Kudo’s for being first and sharing tips, thanks?!

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
As an alternative option, I put the black wrap on to leave the spokes in silver
Nice job! Color combination works as well. Not sure what I think about the lines that are cut off, makes it visually more cluttered imho. Still way better compared to original! Some may prefer your style, so now they have good visuals to decide?

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
I really like how this style looks too. I wish I had tried that first as it was much easier so I could have compared in person because for something like this photos don't quite do it all justice. I feel like the style I went with looks a lot like the older 911 Sport Techno wheels that I like.
Yep, you should have gone both styles, one on the front and the other style on the back wheel?

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I was thinking of trying a full black wheel. I've been running some 21" Mission E wheels all summer so I should of done it whilst they were off the vehicle. I had to put my 19" wheels back on last week as I got a puncture in one my 21" tyres. I must say the ride is much smoother and quieter with the 19" wheels.

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Another mod. Done for a german youtube guy.

mod3.jpg
You mean like this? Ouch.. poor Taycan?

Not sure whether you have the air suspension, but that should allow for a very smooth ride if needed.
The tyre brand and type can also make a huge difference. I remember a set of runflat tires.. such noise!
Or maybe 20’s are the sweetspot for you.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
I was thinking more a jet black wrap rather than a gunmetal. It would be a good contract against the white paint.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have an all black car, I wonder if going full blackout on these wheels would be too much ?

Eliseboy

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
@jijitalia Hi - curious to see if you did the full black paint and how it worked out ?

I get a RWD hopefully in the next month with base 19” silver alloys so looking to do something to them as I suspect they are going to look a bit ‘slab’ like.

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
I finally went for a winter set of aero S 19" (the bi tone one--which I ultimately start to really enjoy :giggle:) ... then as soon as I switch for the summer - i'll powder coat the aero 19 I'm storing ... I 'll keep you updated once done

(adding the transitionning...)

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels Capture d’écran 2022-11-26 à 12.00.00

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels Capture d’écran 2023-01-23 à 15.20.09

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
It’s pretty interesting to see how these wheels just needed a little make-up to become workable in so many specs. 👍
Sponsored