JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Hi, I am new here. From NL and my paint skills are not great:dance:.

Since few seem to like any of the standard wheel options the standard versions are ordered often and I was inspired by @PITTSBURGHTAYCAN here.

I used the even cheaper wheels. It does not magically make then 21" but I quite like em now.. What do you think?

Original:
Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels taycan aero s standard.PNG

Cheap mod:
Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels taycan aero s center blacked

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Curious about all black as well. Maybe a bit too "steel-wheel-like" given the large surface area.

The inverted CF version look more traditional 5 spoke design. Looks pre cut, like thick stickers. Don't like the CF personally.
Also the outer chrome line along the edge belongs to the carbon covered piece, but covering that would make the wheel optically smaller. But cool to see another option, everything beats the standard wheels:clap:

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Nice find on the full black mod! We learned full black is possible, just not advisable (imho).

The Audi looks amazing, I mean it's wheels do:angel:

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag

Since few seem to like any of the standard wheel options the standard versions are ordered often and I was inspired by @PITTSBURGHTAYCAN here.

I used the even cheaper wheels. It does not magically make then 21" but I quite like em now.. What do you think?

Original:
taycan aero s standard.PNG

Cheap mod:
taycan aero s center blacked.jpg
Looks great! - Did you use Plasti-Dip or similar paint?

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Thanks! I have used the Porsche configurator and Microsoft Paint 3D. It does the job I guess. Maybe if all goes well I can someday try this for real:cool:

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
first, the 19s look like a better canvas to start with your personal configuration and I’m pulling for you to have an amazing outcome with whatever you choose. The flat surface will make it easier and you won’t see the texture behind the alteration like you do on the 20s. The 19s dual finish is what pushed me to the 20s, but I never thought through the idea of updating both blades as I will suggest in a second.

Just a thought, grab the satin platinum color “Aurum, if you want to be extra bold” from other Porsche wheels for one blade and add a dynamic high contrast carbon fiber wrap for the other blade.

I used a high quality 3M pinstripe in variable widths and it looks as good as the day I put it on 6 months ago. It survived a 3000 mile snowy and salty winter.

My Detailer/wrap/tint guy was super AGAINST plasti-dip. Either product peels off easily with a heat gun.

I can’t wait to see your creation.

OP
OP
JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Your original post inspired me. Thanks for the reply:like:

And.. Yes! Aurum will look great with the green. Cool suggestion, 1 blade. Not sure I am that bold.

I have experimented with plasti dip in the past and agree. I don't like the look and the application method. End result just looks way less compared to a proper wrap job.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I like @JohnnyCage "cheap mod" best, great work! You made the worst looking wheels (IMO from factory options....Although I think the salad slicers are a close second...I know some of you LOVE them, I just don't) and mad them look pretty darn good!
The all black, looks like a cheap model 3.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Original:
taycan aero s standard.PNG

Cheap mod:
taycan aero s center blacked.jpg
Looks pretty good. I’ve asked my SA about getting this done when I have the vehicle wrapped and tinted. I’ve gone with the 19” wheels to seek better range. I’ve seen the 20” wheels on my demo vehicle and thought they didn’t look as nice in person as they do in pics.

Max Attack

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4
Country flag
While my CT is sitting at the factory lot waiting for chips, I have too much time to be inspired by both this thread and also this https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...one-to-match-the-car-color-gentian-blue.6253/ nice blue set by 911Jeff.

And so I fiddle around with photoshop. My CT will arrive in Mahogany, so I figure that black and body color, but also Aurum or some bronze shade could work. Which makes too many combinations.

Many combos look awful to me, but here are some that I kinda like. Too many, I know. More could follow. :D

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels mahogany_10

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels gold_mahogany

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels silver_gold_I

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels bronze_bl

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels mahogany_12

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels mahogany_18

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels silver_gold_II

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels silver_gold_III

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels gold_black_II

Porsche Taycan Cheap mod for Aero S wheels black_bronze_II