How much do these sell for?
Sponsored

stirthepot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
thanks to all for posting pics of their install instructions in this thread. just did mine, 15 minutes and looks sooooo much better. thanks again!

Nalayak

First Name
Twinkal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
DIY: Replace Amber US DOT Side Marker with Clear LED Euro Side Marker.

Required Parts:

1) OEM Porsche Part: 9J1-953-042-D
2) OEM Porsche Part: 9J1-953-041-D

Required Tools:

1) Torx T20

Procedure: 5-10 minutes

Step 1:
1) Turn Wheel for more space.
2) Remove (1x) One Inner Fender screw for access.

Step 2:
1) Remove Screw holding Side Marker with Torx T20 driver.

Step 3:
1) Disconnect power cable by pinching connector with your hand.

Step 4:
1) Using screw, thread new side marker with T20 driver.

Step 6:
1) Check all rubber bushings are attached and fixed on side marker; the bushings clip onto the side marker.

Step 7:
1) Re-Install in reverse order.
*Test connections before tightening screws.

DONE!

*Enjoy!

Taycan_Clear_Step 1.jpeg
Taycan_Clear_Step 2.jpg
Taycan_Clear_Step 3.jpg
Taycan_Clear_Step 4.jpg
Taycan_Clear_Step 5.jpg
Taycan_Clear_Step 6.jpg

Taycan_Clear_Step 7.jpg
Taycan_Clear_After.png
Taycan_Clear_Before.png
Thank you so much for the wonderful post with instructions! Just did mine today and it was super easy.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_9093

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_9095

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_9097

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_9098

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hopefully Suncoast will have them. They do for the 911. I ordered them from them for my 991. Just checked their website and don’t see them for the Taycan yet.
I bought my clear sidemarkers from dealer , they put them on for free

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PSA: Reminder, the Taycan side marker do not slide out sans tools like the sports cars do. There is a screw holding them in that needs to be removed first. If you try to just force them out like the 911/Caymans, you will snap the tab off. Don’t ask me how I know.

shayman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 4S Cross Tourismo (Est. June)
Country flag
I was surprised to discover that my Porsche delearship (Oakville, ON, Canada), or at least my SA, swapped them on my order without asking. I was happy to find this out because the clear ones look much better, IMO.

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
I just DIY this on my MY2022. Mine was mid-November build date. There is a very important change to these instructions, at least on my car. The screws that hold the fender liner in are T20 but the screw that holds the side marker light into the car is actually T15 on the MY2022. Took me a little while to figure this out.

On the second side, I didn't even loosen the fender liner. Just remove the T15 screw holding in the side marker light and pull it away from the car as far as the wire on the plug will allow. Then, from the front side of the car, take a small screwdriver and push on the upper part of the tab on the wire clip and apply pressure to pull off the connector while very gently pulling on the side marker light and it will slide right off.

As for the issues with it not sitting flush, there is a little plastic tab on the front of the side marker light and there is a slot in the fender where it slides in. If you don't get that tab seated in the hole in the fender then the light will not sit perfectly flush.

Also wanted to mention that there wasn't any spacer involved on the 2022. Hope this helps someone.

IMG_7669.png

IMG_7675.png

IMG_7673.png
I can confirm, one screw only to remove and install on 2022 CT. Looks much better now. Threading the screw into the new unit in advance was very helpful. Thanks for the install tips!
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers 958A030D-6FBD-4FEC-B28A-BFB8E13DDF11

Last edited:

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I can confirm, one screw only to remove and install on 2022 CT. Looks much better now. Threading the screw into the new unit in advance was very helpful. Thanks for the install tips!
958A030D-6FBD-4FEC-B28A-BFB8E13DDF11.jpeg
Agreed it was T15 for me too and I didn’t see the spacer anywhere. I also didn’t have to remove the liner; there was an indentation in the liner perfect for a small ratchet wrench.

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
I concur. It's about a 5 minute job per side. My 2023 CT had T20 fasteners. Pre threading them helps ease the install. Tools I used below.

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers side_marker_tools_SM

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
For what it's worth....I just blacked out the markers completely as I've done on some Benz cars.
The LED strip inside the housing still burns a yellow or whatever. So, for my opinin, no good.
Not a fan of side markers but on other Pcars I was able to replace the bulbs inside clear housings so they burn a soft blue LED to match headlamps.
Two yrs ago destroyed a pair of clear Tayans trying to do same. Can't be done, at least that I could see, so just blacked them out.
To each his own.
Sponsored