Color Difference between bumper and body - Carrera white

TacticalOtaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and Macan
Country flag
I recently purchased a TTS 2020 from an authorized porsche dealer.

The entire car has paint protection film.

I noticed very faintly that the bumper has a different darker tone than the frame (pillar area)

maybe yellowing on the bumper i dont know, its faint.

Is that normal for carrera white, does the bumper and metal reflect differently?

First porsche with carrera white.

any advice would be helpful thanks.

car has 800 miles only.
Sponsored

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
My dolomite silver also has a subtle color difference between the bumpers and the rest of the body. I expected better but the plastic bumpers aren’t painted alongside the metal body so it’ll never be perfect.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It’s Carrara white . Like the marbel. I have Dolomite silver. Will have a check. I hope I can unsee it if I have it.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My car is white and I have PPF on it. I can not see any difference in colour, between the bumper, front or rear, and the rest of the car.

All great looking

OP
OP
TacticalOtaku

TacticalOtaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and Macan
Country flag
It's really dependent on lighting condition. But I definitely saw it. I checked it out outside during the day on a cloudy sunny day. Indoors is non existence.

I don't mind the colour different since it's only slight.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I live in sunny south of France and can not see any difference at all. And if there had been an, I think my detailer would have alarmed me. He is super critical to paint defects and spots them. He has strong lights that reveal any swirls or imperfections as well. The Porsche paint was not flawless in early 2020 by the way, so maybe they have changed something now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
When I had my Cayenne in Jet Black metallic, the color difference on the front and rear bumpers was horrific, especially in the morning sun. It was as if the bumpers were more black and the body had a brown tone to it. Porsche assured me this was normal, just like my squeaky brakes were normal.

I haven’t noticed a color difference in my Taycan finished in Crayon/Chalk. 👍

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dolomite silver also has a subtle color difference between the bumpers and the rest of the body. I expected better but the plastic bumpers aren’t painted alongside the metal body so it’ll never be perfect.
I was also told that the paint and metallic flakes reacts differently to plastic vs aluminum thus the difference . 🤷‍♂️

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I recently purchased a TTS 2020 from an authorized porsche dealer.

The entire car has paint protection film.

I noticed very faintly that the bumper has a different darker tone than the frame (pillar area)

maybe yellowing on the bumper i dont know, its faint.

Is that normal for carrera white, does the bumper and metal reflect differently?

First porsche with carrera white.

any advice would be helpful thanks.

car has 800 miles only.
In life, there are two types of people: Those that have found defects in their paint and those that haven’t looked hard enough. I applaud you for the post…this kind of defect (and several others) can be found on any vehicle including the Porsche lineup. Beware that some will resist this notion as if they are being told that Santa Claus isnt real. (Indeed it can be comforting to believe that your car is “special” and therefore perfect).

I hope that what you found doesnt detract from the enjoyment of your car. I dont believe that there is anything that can be done about it. In my experience the ability to detect this varies greatly with lighting/angles and backgrounds.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
This is common on many cars. My wife's flat white Peugeot has noticeably different coloured bumpers. It was the first thing I checked when my Taycan was delivered and there is no difference in colour in ant lighting. I suspect it is easier to match a non metallic colour. Mine is Neptune.

OP
OP
TacticalOtaku

TacticalOtaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and Macan
Country flag
This is common on many cars. My wife's flat white Peugeot has noticeably different coloured bumpers. It was the first thing I checked when my Taycan was delivered and there is no difference in colour in ant lighting. I suspect it is easier to match a non metallic colour. Mine is Neptune.
Yeah I am beginning to notice, even other car brands that the white on the bumper is different than the white on the rest of the car. whereas, other colours like, black, blue, red, or gray, is much harder to tell.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Yeah I am beginning to notice, even other car brands that the white on the bumper is different than the white on the rest of the car. whereas, other colours like, black, blue, red, or gray, is much harder to tell.
They say white is one of the worst colours to match.
Sponsored