ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My car should be arriving to me in 2 weeks (supposedly) and I want to be prepared with what I can reasonably ask for. Has anyone been successful in getting some money off the price or other compensation for delays? Mine is not delayed as much as others I’ve seen, only a few months, but thought I’d see if it’s a reasonable request others have been successful with.
Sponsored

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Think you're out of luck, especially if it's not been delayed that long..

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My car should be arriving to me in 2 weeks (supposedly) and I want to be prepared with what I can reasonably ask for. Has anyone been successful in getting some money off the price or other compensation for delays? Mine is not delayed as much as others I’ve seen, only a few months, but thought I’d see if it’s a reasonable request others have been successful with.
Out of curiosity, how long since you first ordered and then received an allocation?

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
yeah, that ain't happening. THB, in asking it seems kind of of our ot touch with the world around.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I dont think any car manufacturer provides compensation for delays. Tesla doesn't thats for sure, i doubt Porsche ever would either.

When i log into TYD i always see this pop up.
Porsche Taycan Compensation for delays? 1673732339998

and this is at the bottom as well

Porsche Taycan Compensation for delays? 1673732355086

Porsche straight up says they can't control delays so they're most certainly not going to give u "compensation" for delays they're actively warning you about

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You expect them to compensate you for.. what, exactly? Delays happen, especially these days, get over it and enjoy your car.
Yikes. I was just asking because I feel like I’ve seen something like this in the forum before. Thought I was asking in a safe space.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how long since you first ordered and then received an allocation?
I ordered in May, received an allocation in June, original delivery was supposed to be October.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I ordered in May, received an allocation in June, original delivery was supposed to be October.
I think you’re doing OK mate. Some on here have been waiting 18 months. Took me 13 months to get mine. Got an umbrella a water bottle and a handshake. 😎

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You are doing great for today’s market. I originally ordered in June 2021, car is in Emden now, and I still have to transport it 3,000 miles after it gets to the dealer because at my state dealers I would still be waiting for an allocation. Even since allocation, I lost count how many times the dates moved out (most recently this morning). Such is life. 🤷‍♂️

That said, if you think the car's value dropped a lot (which might be true especially if you agreed to a large ADM back in June), you can try to negotiate down, but have to be prepared to lose any non-refundable deposit and walk away.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You are doing great for today’s market. I originally ordered in June 2021, car is in Emden now, and I still have to transport it 3,000 miles after it gets to the dealer because at my state dealers I would still be waiting for an allocation. Even since allocations, I lost count how many times the dates moved out (most recently this morning). Such is life. 🤷‍♂️

That said, if you think the car's value dropped a lot (which might be true especially if you agreed to a large ADM back in June), you can try to negotiate down, but have to be prepared to lose any non-refundable deposit and walk away.
Thanks, that’s helpful. Yeah like I said in my OP, I know I’m not as delayed as others, but I swear I thought I saw in some other threads that others were able to get a little something for their delays, just wanted to hear anyone’s experience so I know what is/isn’t reasonable.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks, that’s helpful. Yeah like I said in my OP, I know I’m not as delayed as others, but I swear I thought I saw in some other threads that others were able to get a little something for their delays, just wanted to hear anyone’s experience so I know what is/isn’t reasonable.
Whatever you can negotiate is reasonable (which also happens to be most dealers' motto). IMHO unless you paid ADM, or you ordered some unique, not very popular configuration which the dealer knows it will be hard to unload, you probably don't have much room for negotiation. Maybe if you are a really good repeat customer of the dealership, then they might throw in something, but probably nothing substantial.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I got a “discount” on my wheel/tire insurance that I purchased from dealer…

But to be honest I knew it wasn’t much of a discount and it was likely they could have discounted that anyways regardless of any delays. Just FYI I waited 13 months. First car was destroyed crossing the Atlantic. No other sympathy from PCNA or the dealer…

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got a “discount” on my wheel/tire insurance that I purchased from dealer…

But to be honest I knew it wasn’t much of a discount and it was likely they could have discounted that anyways regardless of any delays. Just FYI I waited 13 months. First car was destroyed crossing the Atlantic. No other sympathy from PCNA or the dealer…
Sorry to hear, that would be prime scenario for being able to get something, sucks you didn’t get much. At least you finally got your car

Rab88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
It's a seller's market when it comes to buying a Porsche. Don't expect any compensation because if you're not happy, there's another 100 guys behind you in the line waiting on one. That said, if you ask for a freebie or discount, the worst they can do is say no.
Sponsored