Discounts possible or not?

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Think it might also have to do a little with your relationship with the dealer and how much business you've done with them in the past. I got a small (~2%) discount on the 4S I spec'd in September 2021. When I took delivery on Jan 7th this year and made payment arrangements, they honored the discount. I am told if I book another custom Taycan they would be able to provide the same discount on that as well.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
First tried to buy a ‘21 in dec off the lot in Chicago. Offered cash before end of month closing. They dropped there price from $10k over msrp to $5k over msrp. I walked and they never called back. For a new order, I tried bidding 3 dealerships against each other in FL. No discount below MSRP at all. 2 of the dealers let me walk. Just went with the local one at MSRP.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just noticed this AM that my dealership has a 2022 GT3 MSRP US$161,000 being offered for US$225,000. US$64K ADM - the world has gone crazy.
We'll see what happens now that all the funny money is drying up and maybe some of the speculation subsiding. The market for NFTs and overpriced Porsches may find its market has shrunk, but TBD.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
...or maybe the entire US Porsche buying population just suck at negotiating - even though you can assume that all Porsche buyers are more or less equally successful in other aspects of business/life;)
If you can get a Taycan at MSRP in the US right now you are officially an expert level negotiator.

stirthepot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
i paid msrp for a car i found in inventory out of state, dealer i had not done business with prior. had i gone to my local dealer that i have a past relationship with i would have received $1500 off an order, (i've gotten up to 9% on prior cars). in this market i expected msrp.

i may purchase a 2nd taycan, and if i go to the out of state dealer where i just purchased they offered me 2% off the 2nd car

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I was told $5K markup on the GTS allocation I found. I declined and he called back the next day offering the car at msrp?‍♂. MSRP cars are out there, you just have to find them.

SRMA

First Name
Shardul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got 5% off MSRP on a base Taycan that was on the show room floor.
Most dealers in my search were up charging.

victorxg

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Panamera
Country flag
I ordered my base Taycan in July 2021 and the best they could offer was $500 off plus all weather mats. I pick it up tomorrow.

bruksnys

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7, Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
double digit discount, as long as you lend it as a DEMO car for 3 months or 8000km, whichever comes first ;) However, you have to spec some things for better "impression" for test drivers, for me it was comfort entry, matrix leds, pano roof, some other stuff i cant remember. Of course it's highly depends on how many demo cars dealer needs and have at any given time, also if you are comfortable for the idea someone will drive your car before you, however, I think its really worth considering, as dealer has obligations that it will be in a perfect condition, it is on warranty and so on :)

Last edited:

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Paid MSRP. got a hat and a mug. My wife was not happy so she went and picked up a porsche design jacket saying to my SA this should be free too. So ended up getting the jacked too. We know our SA for few years and this is our 2nd porsche from him. So i guess that helped.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
When ordering at an official dealership can you expect a discount? I saw some YouTube video of a guy who said he got 9% discount.

is there room for negotiation when ordering a non stock car and if so what percentage is realistic?

thanks.
Not in the US, the used and new car market is horrible for buyers right now, would be lucky to pay MSRP on anything remotely desirable.

Discounts are basically only possible on piece of crap cars nobody wants, anything else somewhat desirable is being sold at higher than market prices due to supply issues.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Not in the US, the used and new car market is horrible for buyers right now, would be lucky to pay MSRP on anything remotely desirable.

Discounts are basically only possible on piece of crap cars nobody wants, anything else somewhat desirable is being sold at higher than market prices due to supply issues.
Taycan's official production capacity was 40.000 in 2021. They produced 41.296 cars.
It seems not supply issue but demand.
Extending the producing capacity is not easy, especially not in Stuttgart, because of space issues.
If demand stays like this, situation will not change in 2022 for sure.
Additionally NA is the "smallest" margin market (transport, price for PNA, bundles) for Porsche so keeping quotes for other markets making higher profit. This is why we are in EU getting discounts easier and cars faster. - On much higher prices added 19-27% VAT...

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I highly doubt you can get a discount in the current market, in the UK anyway. It’s very much a sellers market at the moment, and these cars are in high demand.

Might be able to convince them to throw in a few of the cheap options if you’re lucky.
Sponsored