Discounts possible or not?

Maxzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got 10% discount on the car and options. Bought it in Germany as in the Netherlands they we're not willing to go that far.

Bought the car in January of last year, got it delivered in June.
I used CARWOW (online platform) to buy the car. Got back prices from about 10 dealers ranging between 0-10% discount on MSRP. Went to my Dutch dealer and they basically told me I should buy the car there (Germany) so I did.

Took me a half a day to pick the car up and 2 hours of paperwork and saved me 15.000 dollars....

Last edited:

Helixer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Carrera 991.2 and 2020 Cayenne
Country flag
As a retired attorney/real estate investor, please educate me regarding the opening gambit in your negotiations when the dealership gets 2 allocations/month with a waiting list of 20 ahead of you.

Viv S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera/Taycan
Country flag
Purchased 4 cars from Poesche for the past 10 year. No discount. Not even a penny…..

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
Just having bought another car from the porsche dealer they gave me a fantastic 3,4% discount on a 4s ct with quite many options ???

Olle-swe

First Name
Olle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe GTS
Country flag
MB nowadays has a ”no discount” policy in Sweden btw. All other brands can be negotitated.

I expect that, when it comes to Sweden at least, it is depending on the version and car that you buy. Allocation is one thing, but also over all emission levels for the brand. IE, to be allowed to deliver 1 911 turbo s in sweden, the dealer has to deliver 20 full electric taycans as well.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Clearly seems a pattern emerging of discounts in Europe, but not US (and UK). That begs the question of differences in List price and specs

Sharath

First Name
Sharath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3, BMW 520 GT
Country flag
I ordered 2 GTS from UK, dealer has offered free g tech coating! That’s the best offer?

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was shocked to have scored $5k off my 4S order from the Boston area back in December. My build locks in tomorrow.
I suspect this had to do with the fact that my local dealer could get me in a month sooner (Jan date) and the GM at the dealership used to work at the one he was now competing against. Either way, I took it in a hurry and promptly spent the 5K on more options ?

NJRJ

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5
Country flag
Yes you can. I’m also from the Netherlands and I ordered mine in September last year. I got 5,57% discount to be precise.
In Canada...I used to get 4-5% discount on past Porsche 911's or Macan etc. Now with demand exceeding availability, dealer here are offering no discounts except possibly on Macans which there is plenty of stock. I ordered my new 2022 Taycan 4S and only managed a 1.5% discount. That being said however the CDN list price for the 4S is $121,700 CDN . In the Netherlands it's $110,000 Euros which equates to $157,000 CDN so even with a 6% discount it is still quite a bit more like $148,000 CDN

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
In Canada...I used to get 4-5% discount on past Porsche 911's or Macan etc. Now with demand exceeding availability, dealer here are offering no discounts except possibly on Macans which there is plenty of stock. I ordered my new 2022 Taycan 4S and only managed a 1.5% discount. That being said however the CDN list price for the 4S is $121,700 CDN . In the Netherlands it's $110,000 Euros which equates to $157,000 CDN so even with a 6% discount it is still quite a bit more like $148,000 CDN
Take a note on that, Canadian prices are net, EU prices are gross (incl. VAT that is 21% in the Netherlands).
Sponsored

Last edited: