lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
Out of curiosity, and affirmation for my order :blush: , why the switch?
kinda wanted the newest model and thought it would feel more 'airy' in the back for my kids. also like the look and did 20k miles on my 4s - so resetting myself back to zero
Sponsored

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I ordered mine on July 22nd and I just got this from the dealer today. Looks like an expected date of December 31, I'm expecting sometime in Q1 because "stuff happens". On the plus side, I can tweak my order until September 18th (translation: keep adding more stuff or upgrade to a 4S depending on my "man maths")

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo delivery delays 1628203480473

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I ordered mine on July 22nd and I just got this from the dealer today. Looks like an expected date of December 31, I'm expecting sometime in Q1 because "stuff happens". On the plus side, I can tweak my order until September 18th (translation: keep adding more stuff or upgrade to a 4S depending on my "man maths")

1628203480473.png
Small note, but you probably can’t update to a 4s. The dealers allocation is good for a 4 only. You can still add whatever options you want though.

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
That’s probably for the best if I can’t—-I might rationalize going to a turbo.

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
kinda wanted the newest model and thought it would feel more 'airy' in the back for my kids. also like the look and did 20k miles on my 4s - so resetting myself back to zero
Was your Taycan with the Martini wrap at Henstridge?

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
That's a good amount of miles, what's the big take aways in your 20k experience?
Tyre wear?
Charging out and about?
Public reactions?
Frustrations and highlights?
4S again or other model?

Really interested in your experiences.

lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
That's a good amount of miles, what's the big take aways in your 20k experience?
Tyre wear?
Charging out and about?
Public reactions?
Frustrations and highlights?
4S again or other model?

Really interested in your experiences.
Hi, as this is my first new Porsche and probably the best car i have ever owned - i was very pleased, and the car exceeded my expectations. had to be recovered twice in the early days due to being hopeful about public chargers all working - which is not the case! But once i got my head around not leaving it to the bare minimum for charging - it was all good. 1 change of tyres at 12k miles. 4s i would consider the sweet spot in the range. but not driven a turbo. My guy at Swindon has always been spot on - and considering covid etc. the dealership have been great. not much contact from Porsche GB - but that's fine.

All in all, if the car is specced right and the right colour/wheels - it is an amazing looking car that drives superbly. Go for the best wheels for looks, some of the options make the car look less than it is
Sponsored