Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
There has been some positive motion on my side as well. My CT4s has left the factory and is on route to Sweden, which means I should receive it in about 2 weeks. This is a month earlier than previous estimates (but much later than the original plan).

I ordered beginning of April with planned production in July and delivery early August. That was first shifted to end of August. In August it became "end of October". And on October 1 it was "shipping Nov 26 and delivery mid December". So it seems that something positive is happening at last.

My SA has promised me some compensation, I don't expect it to be huge, but I will get a bike rack at a reasonable price.

The SA said that they had been trying to find common denominator for the delayed cars and their guess was that the rear axle steering caused more delays.
Sponsored

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
There has been some positive motion on my side as well. My CT4s has left the factory and is on route to Sweden, which means I should receive it in about 2 weeks. This is a month earlier than previous estimates (but much later than the original plan).

I ordered beginning of April with planned production in July and delivery early August. That was first shifted to end of August. In August it became "end of October". And on October 1 it was "shipping Nov 26 and delivery mid December". So it seems that something positive is happening at last.

My SA has promised me some compensation, I don't expect it to be huge, but I will get a bike rack at a reasonable price.

The SA said that they had been trying to find common denominator for the delayed cars and their guess was that the rear axle steering caused more delays.
My 2021 CT 4S has rear axle steering and wasn't delayed at all in Germany. Car has been sitting at port in US for three weeks - but not to add rear axle steering!

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
This sounds unlikely. Have you seen the VIN to verify it will be a MY2022?
My dealer told me he placed my order in early May an that Porsche cancelled the order on June 1 because it was switching to MY 22. The dealer placed the order again in late June. I’m doubtful about the dealer’s explanation for this delay because he never told me about it until I contacted him when I did not receive notification from Porsche of an anticipated July build. But I have confirmed with Porsche NA that the order was placed in late June and it is MY22.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
My dealer told me he placed my order in early May an that Porsche cancelled the order on June 1 because it was switching to MY 22. The dealer placed the order again in late June. I’m doubtful about the dealer’s explanation for this delay because he never told me about it until I contacted him when I did not receive notification from Porsche of an anticipated July build. But I have confirmed with Porsche NA that the order was placed in late June and it is MY22.
Same thing happened to me. Ordered in March with August delivery. In June the allocation got re-assigned to MY22 with October delivery and the car is now finally on route to Norway. My dealer was nice enough to inform me when it got pushed back though. It only started production in September and from the VIN it is indeed a MY22.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
That is so interesting. My order was placed in April and has still not been delivered and it will be a MY 21.

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag

Great news that something positive things are transpiring at Porsche. Placed my CT 4S order by end of April with planned start of production next week based on latest feedback from the dealer. However, without any guarantees as the dealer out of experience doesn't trust their internal supply chain system.

OP
OP

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Anyone still waiting for their MY21 has an update?
Nothing yet. According to TYD (been delayed before) that mine will finish Nov 26. Last delay happened 3 weeks before the production completion date. We will see if it gets pushed again this Friday.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Nothing yet. According to TYD (been delayed before) that mine will finish Nov 26. Last delay happened 3 weeks before the production completion date. We will see if it gets pushed again this Friday.
Man, I hope something breaks for you fellows soon. I was in your same shoes until I changed to another allociation that is arriving to Baltimore this Friday.

Ira Maurer

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4
Country flag
My Taycan 4 Cross Turismo supposedly completed production 7/22 and reportedly has a VIN. Original ETA was late August...then Thanksgiving and now XMas. I wrote to the CEO in Germany to complain that I was not being provided with any information...this is how I was ultimately given the Thanksgiving and XMas dates. The rep I am now dealing with from Atlanta has now advised they will give me 4 years of free maintenance. This is worth about $2.5 k.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My Taycan 4 Cross Turismo supposedly completed production 7/22 and reportedly has a VIN. Original ETA was late August...then Thanksgiving and now XMas. I wrote to the CEO in Germany to complain that I was not being provided with any information...this is how I was ultimately given the Thanksgiving and XMas dates. The rep I am now dealing with from Atlanta has now advised they will give me 4 years of free maintenance. This is worth about $2.5 k.

As someone that's in the exact same predicament as you, and in the same geographic location, I'd appreciate if you can pass on the email address(es) of the aforementioned...

Thanks

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
My prior request to PCNA for compensaton was turned down. I have now sent them your reply and ask to receive the same 4 free maintenance.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
In some ways this is a little scary. Supposedly my 2021 Taycan needs new cabin filters every two years (and there doesn't seem to be much else). If 4 years maintenance is worth $2.5k, then does that mean it is going to cost me $1250 for the cabin filters in year 2 and year 4????

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
In some ways this is a little scary. Supposedly my 2021 Taycan needs new cabin filters every two years (and there doesn't seem to be much else). If 4 years maintenance is worth $2.5k, then does that mean it is going to cost me $1250 for the cabin filters in year 2 and year 4????
Porsche Taycan MY21 cross turismo further delays 1635885249115

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I can’t believe tire rotation is mentioned when tires are different front to rear and it is clear there is no sense swapping left for right tires !
Sponsored