CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
On my sedan, whether I click one or twice, the lights seem to flash in the same pattern. How do I know if the double click worked?
Watch the lights when you double click (has to be a rapid double click) and you will see the lights flash, but the last flash will stay on a little longer than the first.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope. I've had my car for only a week. Get ready to wake up all your neighbors! LOL

But seriously, I think you need to just turn off the interior alarm. My detailer just left the car unlocked in his garage.
Unchecking the interior alarm in the PCM does not permanently disable it. After a lock and unlock, the PCM automatically turns it back on.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone have this problem with 2019-2021 models? I have had 2022 4S for a month and it happens unexpectedly like others have described.
'21 RWD model, July build. Happened the first night I brought the car home. Mine does it when the car is on an incline. Fine if on a flat surface.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Sad that someone had to make a video of this for brand new owners.....

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I have not yet encountered this problem on my 2021 CT4, but I did intentionally leave the app out of my phone from day 1. No idea if it would generate this error or not, seems like it from some posts made earlier.
Seems like the app is the trigger for the alarm something to do with Panic mode. Reading though all the not sure the interior sensor is actually the main issue..but yes it does seem to help some people if you double tap the key fob when locking.
That said it would be nice if Porsche was able to resolve for good as it seems to happen to most people when they pick up their new TaycanCT and load the Porsche Connect app and connect it to their car.
Not cool
SR

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have resorted to putting the car to sleep every night - checking the sensor setting and locking with a double click on the remote. I have removed both apps and no difference in false alarms.
Sorry to hear that man...very strange that didn't solve the problem. Porsche needs to get their thumb out and fix this. Crazy for a premium brand to have such poor technical support for what seems like a very basic issue.
SR

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have asked my Porsche Dealer last week and, well, they still have no idea when there will be a solution to the problem.

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have had my 2021 CT4S for one month and I haven’t had any problems with the alarm. I haven’t turned anything off and is using the app every day to preheat the car (when PCM works, which intermitten).

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have had my 2021 CT4S for one month and I haven’t had any problems with the alarm. I haven’t turned anything off and is using the app every day to preheat the car (when PCM works, which intermitten).
Good news. Lets hope you didn’t jinx it ?be aware of black cats.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Unchecking the interior alarm in the PCM does not permanently disable it. After a lock and unlock, the PCM automatically turns it back on.
Just to clarify. If the car is not locked does the Alarm still randomly go off?

Thinker

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have my CT for two months now.
Still the same problems with the alarm.
And still no solution.
How is that possible ???

Last edited:

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thinker....Have you tried to delete Porsche Connect App? I ask because I had the same issue when I first brought the car home. Dealer had a look and replaced 2 of the central computers and deleted the app and then had me put the car in "Privacy mode".
I've had one false alarm this month..(could have been a cat on car?).
I would try that to bring some peace from false alarms..
No lose ditching the Porsche Connect App....kinda blows anyway.
Good luck
SR

Thinker

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thinker....Have you tried to delete Porsche Connect App? I ask because I had the same issue when I first brought the car home. Dealer had a look and replaced 2 of the central computers and deleted the app and then had me put the car in "Privacy mode".
I've had one false alarm this month..(could have been a cat on car?).
I would try that to bring some peace from false alarms..
No lose ditching the Porsche Connect App....kinda blows anyway.
Good luck
SR
Tried everything.
The only temporarily solution is to switch off the interior alarm everytime I leave the car.

TorAtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 Mamba
Country flag
Have had my CT4 for 3 weeks without any alarm going off. I am using the "My Porsche" app - dealer advised using this over the older Connect app. Btw, my car is parked in an underground car park (with internet reception) - just mentioning this in case anyone suspects that proximity to keys or phone could be an issue.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Have had my CT4 for 3 weeks without any alarm going off. I am using the "My Porsche" app - dealer advised using this over the older Connect app. Btw, my car is parked in an underground car park (with internet reception) - just mentioning this in case anyone suspects that proximity to keys or phone could be an issue.
Tried everything.
The only temporarily solution is to switch off the interior alarm everytime I leave the car.
I spoke to my S/A about my Car arriving shortly. I asked him about the Alarm issue and he said they tell all of their customers to just double click the key and that they have had no other issues. Strange that it doesn’t work for everyone.
Sponsored