I am just unlucky, or is this a common theme?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I've had my lovely Taycan for 6 months now, and I've completed 7k miles without issue.

HOWEVER -

I am now familiar with most of the other Taycans in my area (Woldingham Surrey area), I've not had a single person nod, wave, or even smile back to me when I've attempted to do so.

This is my first Taycan, and I would have thought like most of niche cars on the road there is a group solidarity for each other that would warrant at least a smile or nod. Is this not the case with a Porsche?
Normally not
Sponsored

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do the British thing of a polite nod and more often than not the other person acknowledges. Slow moving traffic helps with visibility.

My Usual commute to work is A40 west bound (joining at Savoy Circus) and then back into London in the evening.

I see my fair share of Taycan’s doing the reverse commute.

My first thought is I wonder if they are a member of this forum…

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I try and wave (except for last week when a black taycan near Chorleywood flashed and I didn’t get to wave or flash back - sorry)

Once I get to London though almost no one waves and most don’t see mine or care possibly

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Been driving through Kent / East Sussex for 3 days. Saw one black Taycan driving but didn’t dare to flash because it thought it might be considered rude. Saw 2 parked Taycans but didn’t wave to them either. Got honked at be other cars at roundabouts for being in the outer lane when apparently I should t have been. Will write about my charging adventures in a new thread.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Been driving through Kent / East Sussex for 3 days. Saw one black Taycan driving but didn’t dare to flash because it thought it might be considered rude. Saw 2 parked Taycans but didn’t wave to them either. Got honked at be other cars at roundabouts for being in the outer lane when apparently I should t have been. Will write about my charging adventures in a new thread.
Very interested in your view on UK charging.
It looks like we are way behind the rest of western Europe in terms of infrastructure investment.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I flashed a Chalk (I think) Taycan at the weekend on the A21 near Tunbridge Wells, but didn’t get a response.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As a former Corvette owner, I got used to the Corvette wave, but sadly not with the Taycan. But I do get waves from the Corvettes still when I wave at them!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I flashed a Chalk (I think) Taycan at the weekend on the A21 near Tunbridge Wells, but didn’t get a response.
Just saw a Chalk Taycan CT at Dymchurch. Didn’t wave either. Last year in the alps all Taycans waved at each other.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I do the British thing of a polite nod and more often than not the other person acknowledges. Slow moving traffic helps with visibility.

My Usual commute to work is A40 west bound (joining at Savoy Circus) and then back into London in the evening.

I see my fair share of Taycan’s doing the reverse commute.

My first thought is I wonder if they are a member of this forum…
That would me most days coming the other way from Beaconsfield into central in a Gentian blue TT. If you flash, I will flash back ; )

Not one Taycan has flashed at me whereas previous DB11 there was SO MUCH love on the roads. Half the fun was other Aston drivers.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just saw a Chalk Taycan CT at Dymchurch. Didn’t wave either. Last year in the alps all Taycans waved at each other.
I think waving is as much a question of place as of car. The further off from people concentrations, the more waving. On a long and lonely stretch in a desert I would wave to anyone I met.

For my part, I generally wave to Taycans in my medium size city, and get responses rather frequently. And I wave to all Mamba greens!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think waving is as much a question of place as of car. The further off from people concentrations, the more waving. On a long and lonely stretch in a desert I would wave to anyone I met.

For my part, I generally wave to Taycans in my medium size city, and get responses rather frequently. And I wave to all Mamba greens!
I know it is. When we go walking in the alps everybody says hi to each other. Here in Belgium it is rare.

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Taycans are ten a penny in my locality.

I fear that if I waved at them all, I would get cramp and my friends might wonder if I’d used my right hand for another activity…..

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
So I've had my lovely Taycan for 6 months now, and I've completed 7k miles without issue.

HOWEVER -

I am now familiar with most of the other Taycans in my area (Woldingham Surrey area), I've not had a single person nod, wave, or even smile back to me when I've attempted to do so.

This is my first Taycan, and I would have thought like most of niche cars on the road there is a group solidarity for each other that would warrant at least a smile or nod. Is this not the case with a Porsche?
Taycan is not a niche car in my city/area. They are more popular than Model X and Model S combined

kawazydude

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I live in Los Angeles where I see Taycans fairly often. If I get a chance to pull up next to the other Taycan on the road, I always look over to see if the other person notices me, in which case I'd wave and nod. But unfortunately, every time I've look over to the other driver hoping that the person would look back, the other person always just looked forward and refused to look at me. But this thread is encouraging me to be even more zealous in my efforts in waving at other Taycan owners 😂
Sponsored