• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.
Hey Will - Can't thank you enough for doing this. I am likely going to cut the bars shorter (I have access to a horizontal band saw) and order (1) rack from 1up. What is the diameter of the bar? Looking at the machining, it seems as though I need to research a cap alternative.

ID and OD if possible. If I go OD, I won't need to re-anodize :)

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 1655894208033

Appreciate you!

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hey Will - Can't thank you enough for doing this. I am likely going to cut the bars shorter (I have access to a horizontal band saw) and order (1) rack from 1up. What is the diameter of the bar? Looking at the machining, it seems as though I need to research a cap alternative.

ID and OD if possible. If I go OD, I won't need to re-anodize :)

1655894208033.png

Appreciate you!
Since we probably not too far away to each other, if you've done it (shorter bar and 1 rack), I would like to check it out as I only need a single bike rack too. :)

Gary

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Since we probably not too far away to each other, if you've done it (shorter bar and 1 rack), I would like to check it out as I only need a single bike rack too. :)

Gary
I’d love a 3 bike rack!

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
Hey, yes, we will definitely get another batch made. There is certainly enough interest.

If anyone else is interested, please let me know and that’ll give me an idea how many to order.

I’m also looking at alternatives to the 1up rack that would be available in Europe such as from Yakima and Thule. This second time I will probably just supply the bars and have individuals order their bike mounts (or cargo box) themselves.

@Albion @Old man @Swissbob @Artman @Tincan @nafzal80 I’m counting you as interested already.
I’m uncertain as to how the assembled rack is mounted and dismounted. Can someone clarify? Thanks

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’m uncertain as to how the assembled rack is mounted and dismounted. Can someone clarify? Thanks
You can’t mount it fully assembled. You reassemble and disassemble each time. It takes less than 5 minutes.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
And was anyone able to find a solution to the Euro brake lights and plate holder requirement? Assume everyone in Europe would need this?

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Many thanks! Will these ship to the US or Europe? I’ll be in the US week of 25th July with an unused Business class baggage allowance just in case
They will ship out of the US. My supplier is ordering material now so don't have an exact timeline. My best estimate right now is around end of August to get them delivered to people in the US. There are parcel forwarders to Europe if you search "parcel forwarding" or "consolidated shipping." I will leave that up to you to find a forwarding service to your country. @Mtljckt may have some experience he can share once he gets his rack.

What is the diameter of the bar? Looking at the machining, it seems as though I need to research a cap alternative.
OD is 2", ID is 1.5" The caps that fit in the ID will be hard to come by, I actually bore out the ID to fit the caps. The plug you showed that goes around the outside would work.

Hope these pics help you out. The bars are inserted into a socket in the bumper and rotated to lock the pins in place.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy BBF85B3F-7A01-4DB3-B8CE-E27C78F7BCE9
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 2B90CEEA-B793-4B0A-8CB6-C80976E1615C

And was anyone able to find a solution to the Euro brake lights and plate holder requirement? Assume everyone in Europe would need this?
This would need to be an aftermarket addition. I'm sure @ciaranob will share his solution once he get's his rack. He had some details in a post here. There are kits that include both lights and plate holder on Amazon last time I checked. The trailer light socket n the car is a standard 13pin.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

Gary
No sweat. I'm on the list for the next round.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
You can’t mount it fully assembled. You reassemble and disassemble each time. It takes less than 5 minutes.
Thanks another naive question. I have an e bike with fenders. Can the 1 up tray arm hold a bike with fenders securely?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Thanks another naive question. I have an e bike with fenders. Can the 1 up tray arm hold a bike with fenders securely?
I suspect it can as you can move the position of the part that touches your bike tire to secure the bike. Those are adjustable to fit different size tires but I bet you could find the sweet spot that works with your fenders. Best to verify with 1up though.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Round 2 bar order is in the works! Supplier already received material and has started machining. Seems this round is going to go a lot faster than the first group. Expect to have the bars by early-mid August for those in the US.

Look for a DM with payment instructions. $500 for the bars or $550 including the trailer plug (to disable parking sensors and power lift gate). Price includes shipping in continental US.

Anyone else that wants to join in just reply below or DM me.
  1. @Albion ,
  2. @Old man ,
  3. @Swissbob ,
  4. @Artman ,
  5. @Tincan,
  6. @nafzal80 ,
  7. @KarlFreund ,
  8. @Tilt ,
  9. @Changer ,
  10. @action-ant ,
  11. @satchurator,
  12. @landshark ,
  13. @thecoloradokid ,
  14. @Mtljckt
  15. @Pandsw

16. .
For the racks, there are a few options which I will let you order separately. The preferred rack is 1up:
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack/ Choose the 2” bolt option.
If you are in Europe I can order the 1up racks for you and ship together to the parcel forwarder of your choosing. The total package weight is 40lbs for shipping quotes.

Alternative bike mounts:

The Yakima ForkChop also works and a previous user used it on their bars:
https://yakima.com/products/forkchop This option not as ideal since the wheel needs to come off. But those in Europe may be able to order them locally.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 5CC5B187-4999-4EA8-A37C-A4A55C3477D2

The Yakima FrontLoader works but will only fit wheelbases up to 43”. Most road bikes will work but mountain or city bikes will not. But it is available in Europe.
https://yakima.com/products/frontloader
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 05D6E140-4D61-4548-8A47-0B90EEFD6BE2

And if you’re not in to bikes but want to haul more cargo, 1up sells a really nice cargo tray that can be ordered on its own (without the hitch frame) if you email them. Requires hole drilling.
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/60in-hitch-mounted-cargo-carrier/
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 5959E16C-8F76-4045-B1EB-A1619F0C2FA9

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Round 2 bar order is in the works! Supplier already received material and has started machining. Seems this round is going to go a lot faster than the first group. Expect to have the bars by early-mid August for those in the US.

Look for a DM with payment instructions. $500 for the bars or $550 including the trailer plug (to disable parking sensors and power lift gate). Price includes shipping in continental US.

Anyone else that wants to join in just reply below or DM me.
  1. @Albion ,
  2. @Old man ,
  3. @Swissbob ,
  4. @Artman ,
  5. @Tincan,
  6. @nafzal80 ,
  7. @KarlFreund ,
  8. @Tilt ,
  9. @Changer ,
  10. @action-ant ,
  11. @satchurator,
  12. @landshark ,
  13. @thecoloradokid ,
  14. @Mtljckt
  15. @Pandsw

16. .
For the racks, there are a few options which I will let you order separately. The preferred rack is 1up:
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack/ Choose the 2” bolt option.
If you are in Europe I can order the 1up racks for you and ship together to the parcel forwarder of your choosing. The total package weight is 40lbs for shipping quotes.

Alternative bike mounts:

The Yakima ForkChop also works and a previous user used it on their bars:
https://yakima.com/products/forkchop This option not as ideal since the wheel needs to come off. But those in Europe may be able to order them locally.
5CC5B187-4999-4EA8-A37C-A4A55C3477D2.jpeg

The Yakima FrontLoader works but will only fit wheelbases up to 43”. Most road bikes will work but mountain or city bikes will not. But it is available in Europe.
https://yakima.com/products/frontloader
05D6E140-4D61-4548-8A47-0B90EEFD6BE2.jpeg

And if you’re not in to bikes but want to haul more cargo, 1up sells a really nice cargo tray that can be ordered on its own (without the hitch frame) if you email them. Requires hole drilling.
https://www.1up-usa.com/product/60in-hitch-mounted-cargo-carrier/
5959E16C-8F76-4045-B1EB-A1619F0C2FA9.jpeg
I would like to get 1 trailer plug, $50.