First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
L&D,

Anyone know of any Dashcam that you could connect to via phone/mobile data, either standalone or using car's sim?
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From what I have heard, good luck with your warranty in Europe if you hard wire install this, and then have any electrical related issues...
I have a speed camera detector wired into my 911. It’s connected to the fuse box via a fuse jumper, so no physical wires have been cut. For the first few visits back to the dealer I would always disconnect it all for fear of a rejected warranty claim, however over time I stopped disconnecting & there was never any hassle.
Having said that if there was an issue with the circuit I had connected the fuse jumper to then I’m sure that would be a totally different story.

Proceed with caution would be my advice.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
From what I have heard, good luck with your warranty in Europe if you hard wire install this, and then have any electrical related issues...
It was me that had those warranty issues with my Panamera! I'm not wiring in a dashcam into my Taycan due to this.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Are there not enough power plugs to which you can plug the cam? Then there are no problems with the guarantee. They are everywhere in the Panamera.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It surely can't be long before the embedded cameras are backed up to a flash drive or better still. Sent into the cloud using the in built data connection.. I can't understand why this isn't already an option

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Are there not enough power plugs to which you can plug the cam? Then there are no problems with the guarantee. They are everywhere in the Panamera.
I might be wrong on this but I think part of the problem is that people also want the cameras active when parked and the car is locked. I think when this happens the 12v sockets are switched off? You could use a battery pack I guess but not sure how long that would last...

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It surely can't be long before the embedded cameras are backed up to a flash drive or better still. Sent into the cloud using the in built data connection.. I can't understand why this isn't already an option
It’s a Porsche not a Tesla might be a good starting point. The whole philosophy of “drivers performance car” is what Porsche engineers focus on. Don’t get me wrong I think it would be nice to have but in the long list of nice to haves it’s probably low on the list...

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s a Porsche not a Tesla might be a good starting point. The whole philosophy of “drivers performance car” is what Porsche engineers focus on. Don’t get me wrong I think it would be nice to have but in the long list of nice to haves it’s probably low on the list...
Working on that basis we'd better take away:

Heated steering wheel
Abs
Sat nav
Burmeister hi fi
Lane assist
Cruise control
Comfort access
Central locking
Paint choices
And probably about 95% of the optional extras that Porsche make a bucket load of money on.. Non of which make any Porsche the drivers performance car.

As an optional extra that wouldn't take a great deal of development because its basically already there minus the storage, Porsche bags more non essential extras cash and can start to tempt people to take the extortionate data add on for cloud storage.. Winner winner...

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
I might be wrong on this but I think part of the problem is that people also want the cameras active when parked and the car is locked. I think when this happens the 12v sockets are switched off? You could use a battery pack I guess but not sure how long that would last...
Yes of course, but certain sockets are always active on my Panamera. All you have to do is try (or ask) which ones are.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Working on that basis we'd better take away:

Heated steering wheel
Abs
Sat nav
Burmeister hi fi
Lane assist
Cruise control
Comfort access
Central locking
Paint choices
And probably about 95% of the optional extras that Porsche make a bucket load of money on.. Non of which make any Porsche the drivers performance car.

As an optional extra that wouldn't take a great deal of development because its basically already there minus the storage, Porsche bags more non essential extras cash and can start to tempt people to take the extortionate data add on for cloud storage.. Winner winner...
I don't disagree with it - I would take it. I was just saying it is probably not high on their list of things to focus on doing - I'll happily be proven wrong of course, even if it does not fall into the category of things a luxury sports car should have available - such as your list above...
Sponsored