First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi all,

My Taycan makes this chirping noise regularly and its pretty loud. Purchased the car about 2 months ago and its made it since purchase. Its back with the dealer at the moment, because the heater is broken along with a few other things and they've advised me that this noise is normal and that it is the car looking to connect to the remote key.

Does anyone else experience this? It doesn't sound right to me that a car should constantly be making this noise without there being some sort of fault. Never had it in any other car with keyless entry. Frequency varies but it can go off as often as every couple of minutes.

Its louder in person that it sounds on the video.

It's weird, but normal. If you look at your key, you'll see it flashing in sync with the chirps.

Freaked me out at first too.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’ve never heard that sound in my car. 19k miles.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In mine, it's intermittent. It does it a few times, then shuts up for the rest of the trip. Not always at the beginning of the trip either.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Agree that would drive me nuts especially at the is price point

Porsche Taycan Dealer advised this noise was normal? DD32DB6B-8596-408F-8C47-20124DE5DB6F

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’ve never heard that noise.

it sounds like a signal pulse. Have you tried disabling the analog clock?

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Hi all,

My Taycan makes this chirping noise regularly and its pretty loud. Purchased the car about 2 months ago and its made it since purchase. Its back with the dealer at the moment, because the heater is broken along with a few other things and they've advised me that this noise is normal and that it is the car looking to connect to the remote key.

Does anyone else experience this? It doesn't sound right to me that a car should constantly be making this noise without there being some sort of fault. Never had it in any other car with keyless entry. Frequency varies but it can go off as often as every couple of minutes.

Its louder in person that it sounds on the video.

Mine has done this for nearly 2 years and two loan vehicles I have had have also done this, mine isn’t this loud, but it’s exactly the same noise.
My heaters just got changed again (3rd one) I haven’t listened for it since the change but will let you know if it’s still there as I presumed it was something to do with the heat pump.

OP
OP
Jon101k

Jon101k

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S & Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114.
Country flag
Mine has done this for nearly 2 years and two loan vehicles I have had have also done this, mine isn’t this loud, but it’s exactly the same noise.
My heaters just got changed again (3rd one) I haven’t listened for it since the change but will let you know if it’s still there as I presumed it was something to do with the heat pump.
Yeah I thought it might have been something to do with the heat pump as well until they told me it was to do with the key.

Its stories like yours though that make me think about swapping it out for a 911. At least until the face lift model comes out where they'll hopefully fix these issues.

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Yeah I thought it might have been something to do with the heat pump as well until they told me it was to do with the key.

Its stories like yours though that make me think about swapping it out for a 911. At least until the face lift model comes out where they'll hopefully fix these issues.
Completely agree with your thinking. If I only didn’t have the dog and a 9 year old I would have a 911 GTS already!!