Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I've never been ticketed for not having a front plate despite it being required in WA. Even if I do, it's a non traffic violation and I'll just pay it.

The way I figure, people pay thousands for aesthetic options on a Porsche and I'm willing to keep a grand in the bank to pay for license plate tickets.
Wish we could do this in UK. We would get locked up for repeated offence like this.
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
From where I am sitting in the car, I do not see the front bumper, so it does not have an impact on me. And the car is so sexy that I get waved at equally before and after I got the front license plate:rock:

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
In Colorado, it's "required" to have a front plate, but you'll only be ticketed for it if you park illegally. For normal traffic violations, they won't even bother (and I've had plenty of opportunities to be ticketed for it...).

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
In Minnesota the front is required (169.79 subd 6: “one plate must be displayed on the front and one on the rear of the vehicle.”), and to those who want to use the vinyl replica (168.36 subd 2) “Any person who manufactures, buys, sells, uses or displays motor vehicle license number plates, motor vehicle registration certificates, or tax receipts issued by this state or any other state, territory or district in the United States, without proper authority from such state, territory or district of the United States, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.”

Don’t display it or use the vinyl, appears you’re in violation. Which I believe is a whopping $109 fine. So...

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
In Colorado, it's "required" to have a front plate, but you'll only be ticketed for it if you park illegally. For normal traffic violations, they won't even bother (and I've had plenty of opportunities to be ticketed for it...).
I am in Colorado too and used to get ticketed every time I parked at Denver International Airport without a front license plate (in a prior car). I bit the bullet with the Taycan and had the dealership install it. I am not thrilled, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
please post a picture of your front license plate as my car arrives very soon. Thanks

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
please post a picture of your front license plate as my car arrives very soon. Thanks
There are a couple of good photos on the 2nd page. It's drilled on to the top of the bumper and, uh, quite awkward.

The ticket is only around $100 and a non-traffic violation that doesn't affect insurance.

IMHO, don't get it installed unless you start getting ticketed often. You could get ticketed ten times and it still would be one of the cheapest possible aesthetic options you can "spec" on a Porsche!

Last edited:

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’m not putting one on mine, I’ll just pay the ticket if I ever get one and move on. American front tags wreak havoc on the appearance of this car IMO, European front tags are not nearly as obnoxious. Only prob with no front tag is it gives cops an excuse to pull you over.

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I am in Colorado too and used to get ticketed every time I parked at Denver International Airport without a front license plate (in a prior car). I bit the bullet with the Taycan and had the dealership install it. I am not thrilled, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.
Interesting - I've parked for weeks at a time at DIA and have never had a problem with no front license plate. Did you have another parking violation that they were writing you up for first?

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Interesting - I've parked for weeks at a time at DIA and have never had a problem with no front license plate. Did you have another parking violation that they were writing you up for first?
On a different car I got three tickets at DIA in long term parking (as well as several while parked in Boulder and Denver on the street). The final straw was getting pulled over by a cop while pulling into DIA to drop someone off. I don't want to give the cops any more reasons to pull me over than I have to.

The dealer drilled the plate holder for me. You can see it in this pic.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate FrontLicense

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
In the Netherlands we do it like this, with a sticker.
On Ferraris or Lamborghinis they are even smaller.
I put "parking sensors" in the original holes, that way I can reinstall the original plate if the officer wants me to.
Got the original license plate in the back...
Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_20200703_194814485_HDR

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Same here. When I lived in Denver, I parked at the airport every week without a front plate and never received a ticket. The only time I ever had an issue was in Connecticut when I owned a Panamera Turbo. I was issued a fix it ticket which I resolved with the tow hook plate frame. Fortunately Georgia is a one plate state so no worries with the Taycan.

taycan4s_nl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+
Country flag
In the Netherlands we do it like this, a sticker.
On Ferraris or Lamborghinis they are even smaller.
I put "parking sensors" in the original holes, that way I can reinstall the original plate if the officer wants me to.
Got the original license plate in the back...
IMG_20200703_194814485_HDR.jpg
Good idea, I'm thinking about doing the same.
Drove my gt3 years with a sticker and no police ever gave me a ticket for that.

Only issue I have is I drive with a lasershield which sensors are fitted in a license plate holder, if I'll put a sticker in place of it I have to move the sensors of the shield somewhere in the bumper.

Are you using a lasershield Dee?
And where did you get those 'parking sensors' from?

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Good idea, I'm thinking about doing the same.
Drove my gt3 years with a sticker and no police ever gave me a ticket for that.

Only issue I have is I drive with a lasershield which sensors are fitted in a license plate holder, if I'll put a sticker in place of it I have to move the sensors of the shield somewhere in the bumper.

Are you using a lasershield Dee?
And where did you get those 'parking sensors' from?
I don't use a lasershield, that is an outdated, expensive and highly illegal way of protection imho, lol.
Besides, police can track these kind of shields...
Flitsmeister app is free, legal and 99% accurate. It's connected through bluetooth to the car's audio.

The "parking sensors" are just black body clips with a white sticker, home made. :)
Sponsored