daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
front plate from RennLine works well - solid - adjustable - and easy to install - so far in 10 minutes of testing no interference with the parking distance sensors - but I haven't yet had extensive time to test - I'll update after a few days, but so far so good!!

see pic's

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1984

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1983

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1982

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1981

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
here is the Rennline shipping invoice - so if you're interested you can order the exact unit I've got in my pictures.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate Rennline Invoice Private

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, it's not often I get to brag and say nice things about Ohio (I'm a Michigan Wolverine...). But we just passed a new law - NO FRONT PLATES REQUIRED!!!:rock:

One possible solution - just move here. We need more Porsche owners!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update…

I have confirmed the front plate mount I purchased can work for the Taycan - but you have to mount the plate higher visually that I would like to avoid false positives from the ultrasonic sensor visible in the right of my pictures.

I was able to rotate the backing plate and mount the plate higher on the car and the bottom of the plate now clear the sight-line of the ultra-sonic sensor - a 30 min low speed parking lot test confirmed no more false positives with the plate mounted in it's slightly higher position.

prior to raising the height of the plate I was getting false positives from the one sensor that would be nearest the plate - these were annoying but manageable - I believe the plate could be mounted one notch "lower" and still avoid the sensor, but I ran out of time today to play with it - if I get motivated I might take it all apart again and try the one notch lower and see if I can get away with it.

however there are at least two mount heights that clearly mount the plate high enough on the bumper to avoid interference with the parking sensors.

YMMV - but so far this is working for me.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this is a picture of the previous plate mounting location - too low - and the sensor with the green arrow was providing false positives at low speeds - annoying -but not devastating - I've moved the plate to a higher mounting location - see next post.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1981

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
higher mounting location - no more false positives from that one sensor - still looks ok - but I preferred the lower mounting position - but I prefer the lack of false positives from the sensor so we'll go with the higher mount position.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate IMG_1987

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
counting from the bottom:

row #1: not tested, but higher mount position than row #2 - so this would definitely not interfere with parking distance sensor
row #2: my current mounting row - 30 minutes of low speed parking lot testing - no false positive signals from the one sensor - Lower plate position visually which I prefer - so we're going with this mount location for now
row #3 - looks like it may also clear the sensor - untested at this time - but would be a lower plate mount position and therefore in my mind visually more appealing - I have not tested this mount location as of this posting
row #4 - definately too low and will interfere with the parking sensor.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.46.00 PM

Last edited:

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Another option to consider is a remote-controlled, motorized "hidden" plate. I formerly drove a Fisker Karma, and like the Taycan, many owners didn't want to have a big rectangular plate interfering with the car's natural lines (and Cheshire cat grin). Here's an example of the Hide-the-Plate in action:

You can see lots of other cars with these plates here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HideTHEplate1/videos

Here's one of the companies that sell these things:
http://www.hidetheplates.com/

I have no affiliation to the company, and I'm not a customer (Georgia doesn't require a front plate, thankfully) but I know several people who were very pleased with them.

Brent

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@LonePalmBJ dial cool factor to 100!!! you win the internet this week!! That is soooo cool :cool:

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Another option to consider is a remote-controlled, motorized "hidden" plate. I formerly drove a Fisker Karma, and like the Taycan, many owners didn't want to have a big rectangular plate interfering with the car's natural lines (and Cheshire cat grin). Here's an example of the Hide-the-Plate in action:

You can see lots of other cars with these plates here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HideTHEplate1/videos

Here's one of the companies that sell these things:
http://www.hidetheplates.com/

I have no affiliation to the company, and I'm not a customer (Georgia doesn't require a front plate, thankfully) but I know several people who were very pleased with them.

Brent
I had a retractable plate on my BMW M5 and the only catch is it needs a healthy amount of room behind the plate to retract back into the car. I don't see that being an option on the Taycan (I've looked!)

I'm periodically checking back in on these threads b/c I live in an area where some municipalities care and some don't. Literally have friends that've gone years without an issue but I've been pulled over twice (two different cars) so hoping to find a solution for the Taycan.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
counting from the bottom:

row #1: not tested, but higher mount position than row #2 - so this would definitely not interfere with parking distance sensor
row #2: my current mounting row - 30 minutes of low speed parking lot testing - no false positive signals from the one sensor - Lower plate position visually which I prefer - so we're going with this mount location for now
row #3 - looks like it may also clear the sensor - untested at this time - but would be a lower plate mount position and therefore in my mind visually more appealing - I have not tested this mount location as of this posting
row #4 - definately too low and will interfere with the parking sensor.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.46.00 PM.jpg
hi just wondering if you ended up testing mounting on the third row? also, would you happen to have photos of the front from a distance? really going back and forth about how I will be mounting the front plate here in Illinois!

jhngarrison

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2020 Macan, 2006 MB CLK-350
Country flag
I purchased an adhesive replica from customlicenseplates.us that looks identical to the original plate but was just a sticker. I think it looks great and from the front it's almost impossible to see that it is actually just a sticker.

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate License Plate 1

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate License Plate 2

Porsche Taycan Dealing with the front license plate License Plate 3

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I purchased an adhesive replica from customlicenseplates.us that looks identical to the original plate but was just a sticker. I think it looks great and from the front it's almost impossible to see that it is actually just a sticker.

License Plate 1.jpg

License Plate 2.jpg

License Plate 3.jpg
while it looks good it is illegal in NJ and some sharp eyed cop could give you a ticket