Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
yep that dealership. The delta between the financing I lined up and their offer is almost $1600 across a 60-month term. And I don't quite get the "factors in this current market" that have to do with anything. We are paying sticker price and I expect most buyers of this car have exceptional credit.
If it comes to it, many banks will allow you to purchase it within 30 days of your initial purchase and still get the “new car purchase” rate. With that, find a bank that does this and just turn around and “refi” it from PFS immediately. I hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does.
Sponsored

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
If it comes to it, many banks will allow you to purchase it within 30 days of your initial purchase and still get the “new car purchase” rate. With that, find a bank that does this and just turn around and “refi” it from PFS immediately. I hope it doesn’t come to that but if it does.
Right, and isn't there an option in the actual dealer financing agreement that allows the borrower some time after the car is acquired to shop around for a better rate?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Right, and isn't there an option in the actual dealer financing agreement that allows the borrower some time after the car is acquired to shop around for a better rate?
this is good to know. Right now I am very pissed about this whole situation! The guys on the "January Delivery" thread are getting their cars!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW....I found myself downtown San Diego today and decided to go in search of my car. It was pretty easy but I did not get eyes on it directly. What I did see was a literal sea of cars and light pickups of all types, stored everywhere. Most were wrapped. Cars everywhere.

I drove up to the gate and a nice security guard came out. I asked him if the Asteria Leader dropped cars here. He said "yeah, it was here." I told him my car was probably out there and he said "yeah we got a lot of Porsches. Bentleys, too." I asked him why the cars weren't moving. He said "I don't know, for a long time we had no cars, then we got flooded with them. I don't think there are enough carriers." Did I say cars were EVERYWHERE ?

I've attached a pic showing Porsches in the background. No Taycans and the ones I could see were not wrapped. Not happy about that.

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery tempImagesXiYNs

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I received this update late yesterday from my S/A-“we are still waiting no news”. That made me feel much better. Well the 14th is this Friday. I think most of us have TYD showing delivery on the 14th. It would be ironic if TYD was finally accurate. I looked at my original planned delivery date back in July and it was Jan 7th. So if I received my car next Friday that would only be a week behind. However, I’m not optimistic. Not to Jinx anything but my last Porsche sat at the Docks for three months in 2019. However that was an EPA issue.
RE Asteria Leader Cars:
I just spoke to Porsche in Atlanta to inquire about the delay at the San Diego port. I was told,”the planned date to leave the Port is 1/21 and the expected date to leave is 1/14. So maybe we will see our cars in 7-10 days. Frustrating as I thought I was going to see the car almost two weeks ago. Not sure why the S/A does not have that info. I guess there are bigger problems in life than waiting for a new Porsche.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
RE Asteria Leader Cars:
I just spoke to Porsche in Atlanta to inquire about the delay at the San Diego port. I was told,”the planned date to leave the Port is 1/21 and the expected date to leave is 1/14. So maybe we will see our cars in 7-10 days. Frustrating as I thought I was going to see the car almost two weeks ago. Not sure why the S/A does not have that info. I guess there are bigger problems in life than waiting for a new Porsche.
Thanks, Bella. Somehow had a feeling we wouldn’t be seeing our cars this week. It’ll make the eventual arrival that much sweeter, or that’s what I keep telling myself.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, Bella. Somehow had a feeling we wouldn’t be seeing our cars this week. It’ll make the eventual arrival that much sweeter, or that’s what I keep telling myself.

And I just got this email:

Hi Ian,
Looks like your car will be here by EOW. it was released for transport this AM.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
RE Asteria Leader Cars:
Bigger problems? What bigger problems? Haha. Understatement of all time! I seem to be the only one in my family who cares about "where is the Porsche?"

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Mine's on the Crystal Ray, anchored by Panama. I checked status like 4 times per day. Tracking ship has taken over my life. lol.

and I'm reading about others taking delivery. I have no life. :(

-ThinkMac-

Bigger problems? What bigger problems? Haha. Understatement of all time! I seem to be the only one in my family who cares about "where is the Porsche?"

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine's on the Crystal Ray, anchored by Panama. I checked status like 4 times per day. Tracking ship has taken over my life. lol.
and I'm reading about others taking delivery. I have no life. :(
-ThinkMac-
Been there, done that, too.
But once you take delivery of your Taycan, you will miss that extra sense of purpose tracking your car night and day has given to your life in the last couple of months. :CWL:

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Who from LA area has been told they are picking up their car this weekend?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Who from LA area has been told they are picking up their car this weekend?
Did you get your car? You had previously said it was being released for transport. I being told my car is being released Friday but I’m not sure it’s happening. As I had previously said, when I called Porsche Corp in Atlanta they said it was scheduled to be released 1/21 but that had been updated to 1/14. I’m not sure what is really going on.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you get your car? You had previously said it was being released for transport. I being told my car is being released Friday but I’m not sure it’s happening. As I had previously said, when I called Porsche Corp in Atlanta they said it was scheduled to be released 1/21 but that had been updated to 1/14. I’m not sure what is really going on.
You're not alone! SA said "arriving end of this week" so he's technically not lied to me about that, but I've been told nothing else. TYD shows it arriving at the dealer 1/14. Maybe our cars will be on the same carrier. I'll let everyone here know when I've got better news. I'll post a pic too!
Sponsored