frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Thanks man problem is I don't know what my VIN is. I've asked what's missing.
You can get your VIN by using your browser's developer tools.

Go to the TYD website, and then right click anywhere on the page and click on "Inspect". That should bring up the developer tools.

In Developer Tools, go to the Network tab, and click on Fetch/XHR. Refresh the page, and you should see a bunch of requests of 8 digits go through. Click on one of them and you will get the VIN.

I found that this works once the car hits the "Scheduled for Production" milestone.

Hope this is helpful!

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1634072149468

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag

Go to the TYD website, and then right click anywhere on the page and click on "Inspect". That should bring up the developer tools.

In Developer Tools, go to the Network tab, and click on Fetch/XHR. Refresh the page, and you should see a bunch of requests of 8 digits go through. Click on one of them and you will get the VIN.

I found that this works once the car hits the "Scheduled for Production" milestone.

Hope this is helpful!

1634072149468.png
Very informative. In my case the car is not yet produced but the Vin is already assigned. My production date is suppose to start on 10/15.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag

Hope this is helpful!

1634072149468.png
Thanks. Very helpful. My CT arrived at port waiting for vessel. How do I find the vessel info?

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
Thanks. Very helpful. My CT arrived at port waiting for vessel. How do I find the vessel info?
I think that isn't in the system early unfortunately, so you'll see it at the same time you see it on the page itself.

When it appears it will show up in locationDescription, but then at that point it will also be on the page:

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1634108252876

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So mine started production a couple of days early (10/12 instead of 10/15) but the delivery date has been pushed back a week to 12/10 now.

The additional week is tacked on to the end when it's at the dealership.

I wonder if it's because they anticipate needing a backordered part.

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
So mine started production a couple of days early (10/12 instead of 10/15) but the delivery date has been pushed back a week to 12/10 now.

The additional week is tacked on to the end when it's at the dealership.

I wonder if it's because they anticipate needing a backordered part.
Likely considering the backlog of ships at ports.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag

Hope this is helpful!

1634072149468.png
outstanding, ty! Got my VIN..car completes production tomorrow, according to TYD.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I think that isn't in the system early unfortunately, so you'll see it at the same time you see it on the page itself.

When it appears it will show up in locationDescription, but then at that point it will also be on the page:

1634108252876.png
You've been able to do what PCNA hasn't.... which is actually get me the VIN on my car that's been in production since 07/20. By using your method described above I was able to finally locate the identifier. It's simply incredible to me that we have members on this forum that are more adept at getting info than the manufacturer's representatives....

Thank you!

Last edited:

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Update - ordered mine on 9/2 with expected delivery date of 11/19. Delivery date was pushed to 12/3 and is now at 12/10, with vehicle expected to exit factory/enter port on 10/29 and arrive at port in Jax on 12/3.

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update - ordered mine on 9/2 with expected delivery date of 11/19. Delivery date was pushed to 12/3 and is now at 12/10, with vehicle expected to exit factory/enter port on 10/29 and arrive at port in Jax on 12/3.
Looks like our cars will be on the same boat.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update on my Order. The scheduled change freeze date milestone was today and it looks like we hit it right on time. My scheduled for production milestone is the 22nd and still has not budged.

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
Got an update today. My delivery is delayed 7 days to December 10th.

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
My Taycan has arrived at Emden and is now awaiting a ship to take it to Benicia (scheduled for 11/05, hoping for an earlier ship but we'll see). Dates are still the same otherwise: a 12/10 delivery to the SF Bay Area.

Also thanks to @Climax_F82 for checking, and the vehicle currently has no outstanding campaigns at all (no missing remotes, TPMS, solar sensors, manual steering columns...). Looks like Porsche is slowly getting a handle on supply issues. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Sponsored