Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Yes, well noted. Just expressing my surprise. 2 month turn around is far quicker than what I'm hearing around my area.
I hope for your sake that 6 months is wrong and it’s closer to 3 months. The wait has been painful for me, can’t imagine an extra 3 months of waiting.
Sponsored

Matse

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D
Country flag
TYD is back up and my Porsche is still on that damn golf course. Must be a tough course ⛳
How does one get to TYD? Is that just what we see in the My Porsche app, or something more? I see that my car has been produced, (lovely pic of the rear quarter angle...) but nothing more.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does one get to TYD? Is that just what we see in the My Porsche app, or something more? I see that my car has been produced, (lovely pic of the rear quarter angle...) but nothing more.
In the My Porsche app click Discover current phase, scroll down, click track your dream.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
There's a shipping schedule here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/march-2022-us-deliveries.8909/page-6#post-129185

With my estimated delivery date (April 1st) and the estimate for vessel in port (March 11th), those dates match up very well with the schedule for Glovis Sonic. Glovis Sonic is currently in Bremerhaven, likely loading up non-VW group cars (BMW, Mercedes, ...). Next stop will be Emden, and then on to the US West Coast.

It's not a certainty, but it's very likely.
That seems logical - hoping that's the case!

Matse

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D
Country flag
In the My Porsche app click Discover current phase, scroll down, click track your dream.
Thanks. I guess I have to wait for it to leave this phase. I'm currently in 'has been produced' and at the bottom of that, there's nothing but the Overview of phases. I'll check again soon. Thankfully, they don't limit the number of times per day we can refresh in the app!

Groovy Sister

First Name
Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Yes, well noted. Just expressing my surprise. 2 month turn around is far quicker than what I'm hearing around my area.
I have an April allocation and they are estimating June 3 for delivery to Washington DC

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Got an email from Porsche yesterday (2/1/22) confirming our Change Freeze Point for 2/28/2022. Delivery of our GTS to Dallas is scheduled for May 20,2022.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This update felt like it took forever. TYD just updated to “On Vessel”. Car is on Felicity Ace which should get to port in Houston by March 2nd. TYD says delivery to me by March 25 but that is overly pessimistic. BTW… TYD appears to be showing the actual location of the vessel, nice!

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals 8A72D47A-81DE-4AE9-89FB-892006F8D8F7

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for sharing all of this. My 2022 GTS ST is showing in app that it will arrive at dealership on 4/29. Problem is the site says scheduled for production on 2/5 but it also says it is at Emden Port?

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
That delivery truck getting parked on some narrow lane next to a golf course in Düsseldorf might be a TYD bug or “feature” how it gets a location update. Exact same thing happened to me last week. And my car missed the boat too…:confused:

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That delivery truck getting parked on some narrow lane next to a golf course in Düsseldorf might be a TYD bug or “feature” how it gets a location update. Exact same thing happened to me last week. And my car missed the boat too…:confused:
Or the truck driver likes to play golf.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing all of this. My 2022 GTS ST is showing in app that it will arrive at dealership on 4/29. Problem is the site says scheduled for production on 2/5 but it also says it is at Emden Port?
That just sounds really screwed up. Perfect Porsche software as usual.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The timeline is going to get really f’d up from here on out. The Felicity Ace is on fire in the Atlantic. I’m devastated!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here’s what TYD shows when your cargo ship catches fire and is adrift in the Atlantic Ocean…

Porsche Taycan Delivered after over 1 year of waiting - My Production Estimated Dates vs Actuals C2B8BDA0-0A34-4766-98A6-ADE49A7F990C
Sponsored