Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
These things are still affecting MY22s though and they are being delivered to customers. As people have said before, there's something that happened to those July build MY21s that Porsche aren't admitting to
It was about the time of the really bad floods in Germany.

Mine was built the week before, but I remember there were definitely issues with at least 1 factory that supplied components for Taycans which had flooded at that time (mid July).
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I am not sure official Porsche dealers are allowed to ask over list for a new car in the UK.
You are correct. They are not allowed to do this on new vehicles. Second hand though, is a different matter.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It was about the time of the really bad floods in Germany.

Mine was built the week before, but I remember there were definitely issues with at least 1 factory that supplied components for Taycans which had flooded at that time (mid July).
Air suspension supplier got flooded which impacted Taycans and Macans at the time (more besides no doubt) so this would have had a direct consequence on deliveries. There were also pictures of Porsches 'floating' or flooded - not sure if this was a dealership or where stock was temporarily held.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is all very interesting. My car started production in July so even though it didn't exit production until November it has an 'M' for the 10th character in the VIN indicating MY21

I signed a 'preliminary registration' document that has a 71 reg number in it so you're probably right that if it arrives after 1st March I can insist on a 22 plate

Finally, in the email my dealer sent me on the 17th December telling me my car was at Emden he asked for payment of the balance and included bank details for a transfer so it was pretty explicit. Are you saying he shouldn't have done that? Foolishly I did pay because it seemed that delivery was imminent but now I realise I shouldn't have done that until he had confirmed a handover date.
I find it odd that MY21 cars were in production in July when the configurator wasn't updated until late July / early August but I guess not impossible (obviously).

I have 'M' in my VIN and is listed on My Porsche as:

Type/model year​
Y1ADB1/2021​

So there is no issue that you won't receive a MY21 car (worse if the car was built in June and not yet delivered) and so not missing out on anything as this remains current until July / August this year).

I can see no reason why you were asked to pay in full - this is absolutely not normal nor would it have been advisable at the time - you have nothing to show for it for one thing!

Finance papers etc can be prepared in advance if this is part of the purchase arrangement but other than paying a £5K deposit at the start there is nothing to pay until you go to collect and inspect the car. Payment in cash, transfer whatever but until the funds are cleared the dealer won't hand over the keys. A little latitude may be required - say a week but not months.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Got a bit more info from a sales manager tonight should it help anyone (based on Swindon dealership)
If I keep my CT4S order, it’s Q1 23’ at best. I have 18 people ahead of me in the queue who don’t have a build slot. Slots have been attributed up to March, and they usually don’t get more than a couple a month.

If I change to CT Turbo, they offer a “quiet” Q2 delivery / Q3 officially. Just 1 person in the queue and some allocated slots for people who might want theirs a bit later (financing agreements ending Q3). But it’s much more expensive to me (c.£15k - similar spec just adding PSCBs and 14 ways as standard on TT vs my optioned 4S build).

Now I’ve heard back from another dealership who has confirmed allocations for June and July. So delivery in Q3.
Choice - break (crush!) my piggy bank, try a Turbo, aim at a June delivery OR keep everything as is and aim at Aug/Sep.

Basically - it’s worth shopping around!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also - how accurate is it to plan on 2 months from build slot to dealer delivery (UK)?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Got a bit more info from a sales manager tonight should it help anyone (based on Swindon dealership)
If I keep my CT4S order, it’s Q1 23’ at best. I have 18 people ahead of me in the queue who don’t have a build slot. Slots have been attributed up to March, and they usually don’t get more than a couple a month.

If I change to CT Turbo, they offer a “quiet” Q2 delivery / Q3 officially. Just 1 person in the queue and some allocated slots for people who might want theirs a bit later (financing agreements ending Q3). But it’s much more expensive to me (c.£15k - similar spec just adding PSCBs and 14 ways as standard on TT vs my optioned 4S build).

Now I’ve heard back from another dealership who has confirmed allocations for June and July. So delivery in Q3.
Choice - break (crush!) my piggy bank, try a Turbo, aim at a June delivery OR keep everything as is and aim at Aug/Sep.

Basically - it’s worth shopping around!
Piggy banks break very easily, they’re designed to?

That makes me a hypocrite having reigned in my spec etc lol

All depends when you need the car really. The turbo is by all accounts, an absolute monster, but the 4S is all anyone really needs in the real world.

I pushed my budget just to get a Taycan, if its affordable then you only live once, but could that delivery be pushed back and you’ve spent the extra a tad in vein?

If I had the money, I’d go for the model I want and not rely on guesstimates for delivery, unless set in stone.

zero help I know, sorry.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Normally a good benchmark. These aren't normal times.
Thanks - doesn’t sound too bad but when you think about it that’s how long it takes from order to delivery for a Polestar 2 or Model 3 ?

I get the whole premium controlled supply principle, but given its 18mo+ for some models (992 S is the worst), it seems to bite back when demand sustainably ramps up, which must mean opportunity loss for Porsche…
Can’t be all semicon related either - lots of OEMs have 0 delay

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Piggy banks break very easily, they’re designed to?

That makes me a hypocrite having reigned in my spec etc lol

All depends when you need the car really. The turbo is by all accounts, an absolute monster, but the 4S is all anyone really needs in the real world.

I pushed my budget just to get a Taycan, if its affordable then you only live once, but could that delivery be pushed back and you’ve spent the extra a tad in vein?

If I had the money, I’d go for the model I want and not rely on guesstimates for delivery, unless set in stone.

zero help I know, sorry.
Thanks for the very unhelpful answer mate ? but I totally get what you’re saying.

I am a big car guy, love performance… so yes sure the Turbo is appealing to me. But same as you, I wasn’t thinking of a CT at first, then doubled up the cost of extras vs. First spec, and when I drove the 4S I loved it and never thought “I wish I had a bit more there” (which I did in many cars).

I can’t quite justify the £30k gap between the 2 cars (£15-20k for similar spec), and YOLO probably applies less at this point in my life (relatively young and with kids & wife to take care of!).

I think the biggest point is that I’m not sure about Q2 for the TT, whereas I am for the 4S June allocation. As you said… a couple of months’ slippage on TT and it’ll be same same.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Dealer has just contacted me to advise my Taycan is still in Germany they are trying to understand why its in the compound as was built on December 14th/15th so should have shipped that week

Sounds like here we go again more than likely waiting for parts anybody else still waiting
Latest delivery info
Dealer has contacted me to advise car is now ready to board ship today or tomorrow but they will be another delay when arrives in the dealership as car sent without semiconductors for tyre pressures therefore cannot release car until that is sorted so could be mid Feb then has to go for PFF/Ceramic so have decided to wait until 1st March registration fingers crossed

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Latest delivery info
Dealer has contacted me to advise car is now ready to board ship today or tomorrow but they will be another delay when arrives in the dealership as car sent without semiconductors for tyre pressures therefore cannot release car until that is sorted so could be mid Feb then has to go for PFF/Ceramic so have decided to wait until 1st March registration fingers crossed
Oh great, so the TPMS sensors are still causing problems?!? You'd have thought they'd have sorted that out by now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Oh great, so the TPMS sensors are still causing problems?!? You'd have thought they'd have sorted that out by now.
Seems to be a sporadic issue - I'd expect all UK cars to be delayed (perhaps they are) for the same reason. So I guess the share the TPM modules around as and when they get batches and do this by region also.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So just for clarity who has had a 2022MY Taycan delivered that is not a Cross Turismo?
Sponsored