Steve1871

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered 4S Saloon on 16th August from Reading, just been given lock in date of 3rd March "planned to leave factory" on 24th March, expected delivery date 22nd April, so will see how accurate that is
Sponsored

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Latest delivery info
Dealer has contacted me to advise car is now ready to board ship today or tomorrow but they will be another delay when arrives in the dealership as car sent without semiconductors for tyre pressures therefore cannot release car until that is sorted so could be mid Feb then has to go for PFF/Ceramic so have decided to wait until 1st March registration fingers crossed
Have you received any further updates Gary to confirm that your Taycan sailed from Emden to Grimsby last week?

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Have you received any further updates Gary to confirm that your Taycan sailed from Emden to Grimsby last week?
I will contact dealer tomorrow for an update although he did say he would let me know when its arrived so ?

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will contact dealer tomorrow for an update although he did say he would let me know when its arrived so ?
Just spoke to dealer my car is still at Emden seaport and has no idea why ,but he did say that customs have been holding things up with cars that has been ordered with a home box which I haven't so in short no near other than its been sat there since 14th Dec something just doesn't sound right and for sure Porsche don't liase with dealers with is not helpful

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Just spoke to dealer my car is still at Emden seaport and has no idea why ,but he did say that customs have been holding things up with cars that has been ordered with a home box which I haven't so in short no near other than its been sat there since 14th Dec something just doesn't sound right and for sure Porsche don't liase with dealers with is not helpful
Hello All

I've been informed my car is at Emden awaiting a shipment... does anyone know how to track this and actually know which ship its destined to be on..?? I've seen others say the ship name for their car, but im not sure where or how they know this??

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Hello All

I've been informed my car is at Emden awaiting a shipment... does anyone know how to track this and actually know which ship its destined to be on..?? I've seen others say the ship name for their car, but im not sure where or how they know this??
US customers have access to an app called Track Your Dream where they can see the status of their car from allocation up to delivery. Once their car is on a ship they can see the name of it. Unfortunately Porsche hasn't deemed us UK customers worthy of having access to this app so we have to keep hassling our dealer for the status of our cars. If you're lucky your dealer may be able to give you the name of the ship your car is on/going to be put on but don't hold your breath

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello All

When was your build date

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When was your build date
Thanks All

I have the VIN now for the car, and the build date started 12th Jan.. I'm told from the dealership its at Emden awaiting the ship?

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
US customers have access to an app called Track Your Dream where they can see the status of their car from allocation up to delivery. Once their car is on a ship they can see the name of it. Unfortunately Porsche hasn't deemed us UK customers worthy of having access to this app so we have to keep hassling our dealer for the status of our cars. If you're lucky your dealer may be able to give you the name of the ship your car is on/going to be put on but don't hold your breath
Track your dream is now in the UK actually. a few on the forum have been using it.. SushiStu has a Taycan GTS through my dealership and has track my dream on his car.. Im told my car was locked down before track my dream became available hence no beer in tracking the ship.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks All

I have the VIN now for the car, and the build date started 12th Jan.. I'm told from the dealership its at Emden awaiting the ship?
Mine was 14th Dec and was advised that it was more than to be in uk pre Xmas

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Conscious that our vehicles were supposed to be shipped together to the same dealer and both seemingly remain at Emden, I thought I’d share my own understanding Gary.

I’ve been informed that my own vehicle, while still awaiting semiconductors for the TPS, has been moved forward to a prime location at Emden, essentially meaning that once the shipping block is removed by AG, the car will put to sea on one of the next available vessels. Crucially however, and seemingly at odds with your information, I’ve been reassured that there are no plans for the vehicle to ship until such time that the missing components have been fitted in Emden. Hence, the vehicle will remain dockside at Emden until the missing components are fitted and the block removed.

While not wanting to challenge the information that you have received from the dealership with that I have, despite this being the same dealership, this would perhaps explain why your vehicle, like mine, is now at Emden but yet to ship. Based on the information I’ve seen, a slot has been provisionally booked for my vehicle to sail next week. However, I would guess this is contingent on the semiconductors becoming available and having been fitted by this time. If they haven’t, the vehicle remains at the front of the queue for shipping, but will essentially be leapfrogged by later build vehicles not subject to a shipping block while awaiting missing components. As to how long the cycle continues, who knows. As to why some vehicles are not affected and some are, god knows. Like yours, mine is a high spec vehicle, having chosen to improve on the MY21 Taycan I had previously. One suspects an element of spec our vehicles share, perhaps rear-wheel steering, is to blame.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Conscious that our vehicles were supposed to be shipped together to the same dealer and both seemingly remain at Emden, I thought I’d share my own understanding Gary.

I’ve been informed that my own vehicle, while still awaiting semiconductors for the TPS, has been moved forward to a prime location at Emden, essentially meaning that once the shipping block is removed by AG, the car will put to sea on one of the next available vessels. Crucially however, and seemingly at odds with your information, I’ve been reassured that there are no plans for the vehicle to ship until such time that the missing components have been fitted in Emden. Hence, the vehicle will remain dockside at Emden until the missing components are fitted and the block removed.

While not wanting to challenge the information that you have received from the dealership with that I have, despite this being the same dealership, this would perhaps explain why your vehicle, like mine, is now at Emden but yet to ship. Based on the information I’ve seen, a slot has been provisionally booked for my vehicle to sail next week. However, I would guess this is contingent on the semiconductors becoming available and having been fitted by this time. If they haven’t, the vehicle remains at the front of the queue for shipping, but will essentially be leapfrogged by later build vehicles not subject to a shipping block while awaiting missing components. As to how long the cycle continues, who knows. As to why some vehicles are not affected and some are, god knows. Like yours, mine is a high spec vehicle, having chosen to improve on the MY21 Taycan I had previously. One suspects an element of spec our vehicles share, perhaps rear-wheel steering, is to blame.

I agree with your comments above and to be fair to the dealer it was is thoughts regarding retro fitting of semi conductors in UK but it does make sense that not to be shipped until complete

One thing I forgot to ask was when car arrives will the dealer download all the new up to date software ie the one announced yesterday

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree with your comments above and to be fair to the dealer it was is thoughts regarding retro fitting of semi conductors in UK but it does make sense that not to be shipped until complete

One thing I forgot to ask was when car arrives will the dealer download all the new up to date software ie the one announced yesterday
My guess would be yes, if, and it’s a big if, dealers have now been provided with the required protocols for installing the new update.

Based on experience of software updates on my previous Taycan, these can be problematic and can take days, with pages upon pages of detailed instructions from AG for the dealer to follow.

In the event that dealers have been instructed to undertake the update on PDI of new deliveries, I’d expect this to typically result in a further 7 days delay to handover on average, based on prior experience. On that note, if someone can’t answer here, it may be useful to start a new discussion thread to unearth if and or when dealers expect to receive instructions on updating PCM to the new build publicised yesterday. My take on reading yesterday’s communication from AG was that all new vehicles now in production would ship with the update. However, the statement was unclear as to when dealers will be provided with means to update MY22 vehicles with the latest software build.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh god.. you still haven't got yours yet? eek? wonder why?
We think missing parts etc so you may be ok if yours has been completed hope that's the case for you
Sponsored