Bakus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi GT
Country flag
I ordered a ST GTS in March and I've been told high level to expect Q4 of 2023.

Spoke to the dealer to ask what position I was n the queue and they said that the could not tell me for GDPR reasons.

In hindsight I think that's not right as there is no real sensitive data being shared.

Have others experiences been similar?
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Iv got a turbo on order , there crap imo , little help in any way
I found Keith at Teeside very helpful but now glad I ordered from PRG Reading as I got an allocation 3 weeks after ordering. Originally quoted Q4 2023 at time of order but 3 weeks later got the "thank you for your order" email and build date of 1st November 22.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag

Spoke to the dealer to ask what position I was n the queue and they said that the could not tell me for GDPR reasons.

In hindsight I think that's not right as there is no real sensitive data being shared.

He's talking utter crap. You are asking for the position you are in a queue. There is no requirement or need to divulge any persons personal information to inform you of your position. That's just bullshit from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. If he were right those automated voice telephone systems that tell you were you are in a call queue would be breaking GDPR too!

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I found Keith at Teeside very helpful but now glad I ordered from PRG Reading as I got an allocation 3 weeks after ordering. Originally quoted Q4 2023 at time of order but 3 weeks later got the "thank you for your order" email and build date of 1st November 22.
Suppose to be next in line for the turbo , yet hearing nothing , my 4sct is in Tuesday for the 22kw warranty fix so I’ll see what they say

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
He's talking utter crap. You are asking for the position you are in a queue. There is no requirement or need to divulge any persons personal information to inform you of your position. That's just bullshit from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about...
...and/or it's an excuse for not revealing their order fulfillment plans. Even if they do indicate queue positions, they're under no obligation to maintain a queue- they're free to assign build allocations to customers without reference to when those customers placed deposits. A dealership might maintain a fair and transparent queue, or the sharing of apparent queue status information might just be a tool for managing potential customers.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
...and/or it's an excuse for not revealing their order fulfillment plans. Even if they do indicate queue positions, they're under no obligation to maintain a queue- they're free to assign build allocations to customers without reference to when those customers placed deposits. A dealership might maintain a fair and transparent queue, or the sharing of apparent queue status information might just be a tool for managing potential customers.
I was replying to the GDPR comment not the validity or obligation of a queue

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Mine told me there are 14 other orders before me. Maybe just ask HOW MANY orders as that is clear you don’t need to know their names and addresses…

uktaycan44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F8
Country flag
Ordered CT Turbo S in September 21, build in September and delivery (planned) in October. Originally quoted six months but oh well, we're nearly here

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag

They're making it up.

My dealer emailed me last week with an update: I'm 10th on the list for a GTS ST. Deposit dropped early Feb.

Told me allocations should come through "end of the year" for 2023. I am guessing two allocations a month, so my build should start between March or May assuming some lower down the list get fulfilled Q4 this year.

GDPR concerns personal data. Asking where you are on a order list does not reveal any personal data and thus, there is no issue even legally to not tell you where you are on the list.

You are being fobbed off. The list could be excessive, so perhaps the dealer doesn't want to tell you for risk of encouraging cancellations.

If I am waiting until the end of 2023 for my GTS ST, I will probably cancel. Pointless and there will be plenty of other sportscar EVs to choose from come 2024.

Bakus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi GT
Country flag
They're making it up.

My dealer emailed me last week with an update: I'm 10th on the list for a GTS ST. Deposit dropped early Feb.

Told me allocations should come through "end of the year" for 2023. I am guessing two allocations a month, so my build should start between March or May assuming some lower down the list get fulfilled Q4 this year.

GDPR concerns personal data. Asking where you are on a order list does not reveal any personal data and thus, there is no issue even legally to not tell you where you are on the list.

You are being fobbed off. The list could be excessive, so perhaps the dealer doesn't want to tell you for risk of encouraging cancellations.

If I am waiting until the end of 2023 for my GTS ST, I will probably cancel. Pointless and there will be plenty of other sportscar EVs to choose from come 2024.
I think your right I was is in a different OPC and they are ultra transparent.

I'm gonna speak to the one I have a Taycan on order from and see what they say next week.

smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
I think your right I was is in a different OPC and they are ultra transparent.

I'm gonna speak to the one I have a Taycan on order from and see what they say next week.
Which dealer is transparent as Teeside are anything but

Bakus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi GT
Country flag
Which dealer is transparent as Teeside are anything but
Chester really open about orders in cars delivered etc.

Even showed me the average UK wait as produced by Porsche UK. Not that interesting as it will vary by dealer but is interesting to see. I think new GTS STs are pushing 2024 now.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Got an update from my dealer - car not left Sheerness as yet (it’s been there 2 weeks!) and third in the line to get on a transporter.

Then they transport it to READING, offload it and then send over night to West London.

I’m still hopeful that i can collect on Friday but dealer is off from Saturday so next collection would be Tuesday next week which is going to be really hard with my work commitments (plus i need my wife to drive me to the centre!).

Will have another update on Thursday on the progress so fingers crossed…

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag

Calling bs on that, go back to them and ask to speak to sales manager, that’s info easily shared.
Sponsored