Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I beleive is just Porsche messing around (again) with their cutomers... just to get a bit more cash u know ...lol
if you pay the option your car will lock it self when you go far from the car ; which is not the case normally for you if i am not wrong...

For me experiencing the ST - I wasn't prepared for the constant dirtiness of the truck, and subsequently its opening button -- I am appreciating the "open kick" A LOT ... and nice it was for free (at least)
Just wait until you clean it! Every time the hosepipe goes under the rear of the car the boot will open!!!
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Just wait until you clean it! Every time the hosepipe goes under the rear of the car the boot will open!!!
Yes - because you are cleaning it - it wants you to wash its ass properly... :CWL:

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Im another one who has comfort access on my car without it being spec'd. The relevant options are in the PCM and everything is working as described in the comfort access option on the configurator and in the FOD feature list on MyPorsche. Like someone else mentioned above, I haven't bought it via FOD or activated the free 3 month trial, so I'm confused (but pleasantly surprised) that it has it.

The question is why does it have it? I hope it's not some ploy by Porsche to get customers hooked on a feature before removing it and forcing them to pay for it later...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Definitely not the case. I just took a look at the U.S. configurator. There is a note that says that the steering column will be manually adjustable for the 4S CT. Possibly standard on some models but definitely not on all.
The steering column was replaced with the manual one due to a chip shortage back in '21. My car built, 7/2021 came with it as an item to be retrofitted after sale. Then Porsche decided it was not worth the hassle and sent me $1,000. I have not cashed it yet as I know others forced Porsche to comply with the retrofit.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
The steering column was replaced with the manual one due to a chip shortage back in '21. My car built, 7/2021 came with it as an item to be retrofitted after sale. Then Porsche decided it was not worth the hassle and sent me $1,000. I have not cashed it yet as I know others forced Porsche to comply with the retrofit.
If there is a way to get them to honor it, I would definitely pursue that option quickly. Having the wheel automatically move out of the way for egress/ingress on Taycan is pretty helpful. OTOH, you should see if there is an expiry on the check….

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think if you selected the upgraded seats (14 way or 18 way) you got comfort access for free (like I did) if you didn’t spec it.
As mentioned before maybe in lieu of the missing electrical steering column which used to be part of the 14 way seats etc.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If there is a way to get them to honor it, I would definitely pursue that option quickly. Having the wheel automatically move out of the way for egress/ingress on Taycan is pretty helpful. OTOH, you should see if there is an expiry on the check….
I spoke to another member here and he hired and attorney and Porsche complied and covered the legal fees. I am right now trying to get them to just repair my car with the red electrical error and in that process working on them doing the column. The payment was by a third party and I think it is an electronic voucher. I do need to go back and check it. Thanks

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think if you selected the upgraded seats (14 way or 18 way) you got comfort access for free (like I did) if you didn’t spec it.
As mentioned before maybe in lieu of the missing electrical steering column which used to be part of the 14 way seats etc.
Ahh, that's what I have the 14 way with the Premium package so it must have been part of that package.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Different thing. Comfort access moves the seat back and steering column up (if you have an electric one) when you get out. Come with 14 and 18 way seats. Comfort access that this thread refers to is the keyless entry

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Different thing. Comfort access moves the seat back and steering column up (if you have an electric one) when you get out. Come with 14 and 18 way seats. Comfort access that this thread refers to is the keyless entry
My seat moves back when the car goes into park (and the steering column would if I had the electric one) and then goes back to my settings when I am in the seat.

When I walk to the car, the door handles present themselves if the FOB is in my pocket and unlocks. To lock I have to touch the dimple in the door handle.

I though all of that was one feature. Did not realize the seats part was based on the 14 and 18 way. Thanks

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes - that’s what I meant I got keyless entry for free. Albeit I have disabled via PCM.

OP
OP

cronek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST, Ford Transit
Country flag
They name it differently in different markets (like the confusing chalk/crayon thing). Here the automatic door opening thing is called comfort access in some places and “porsche access” in others. I don’t think we have the “move seat back and steering wheel up so I can get out” even as an option. Probably US only? 😅