Discounts possible or not?

mgr1047

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yep no discount in the uk and some dealers give you a 50 pound gift voucher to spend on Porsche merchandise a insult when you spend over 100k on a car
Similar in US. I was able to get them to throw in the Electric Sport Sound and all weather mats. Basically they said "if you don't want a place in line the guy behind you does".

ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
They are 20k above msrp in NYC for Cross Turismo, 10k in MA

but they’ll give you a free hat!

Nobody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Country flag
When ordering at an official dealership can you expect a discount? I saw some YouTube video of a guy who said he got 9% discount.

is there room for negotiation when ordering a non stock car and if so what percentage is realistic?

thanks.
Based in Norway, I got approximately 1% on the GTS ST, in addition I get the first service for free and free ceramic coating on the car. Plus I will get a new Carrera 4S as a loaner for a weekend ?

Folsom458

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Porsche Cayenne, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
About the same in Northern California. 10% markup, and if you don't want to pay it, someone else will.

gotzillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST GTS coming
Country flag
I was offered $12k off of MSRP on a brand new Taycan 4s when it just came out. Now consider myself lucky when I can place an order on a ST GTS at MSRP.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The time of discounts has passed. I helped a bunch of folks get 6-8% off 1.5 years ago - now you're lucky if you get MSRP. If you're discount-focused, if you give it another 9-12mo, we might see discounts return once inventory levels are stable again.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is such a cute conversation! You are all patting yourselves on the back for being top negotiators :cool:

Supply and demand baby.

Lucky to get MRSP in some markets (US).
Right now my local dealership, as all dealerships (all makes) are selling above MSRP. 911s, Taycans are up to $25,000 above. Supply is non-existent here. Maybe as some have said you can get an out of the way, low allocation dealership to sell at MSRP/sticker....if you are lucky. btw used car prices are insane as well, in California, best to wait until 2023 and hope supply eases up.

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
I received a 6% discount in the US. But that was a later July / early Aug order last year. 2pp of that was due a dealer contracting screw up.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
This is such a cute conversation! You are all patting yourselves on the back for being top negotiators :cool:

Supply and demand baby.

Lucky to get MRSP in some markets (US).
True dat! I got 7% off MSRP last Spring before the chip shortage hit crisis mode and dealers still had plenty of allocations. I doubt I could get 2% off MSRP today in the States. Supply and demand, plain and simple.
Sponsored