Do you have other EV's?

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Hi, out of curiosity do you have other EV besides the Taycan ?

I don't have another EV "car" but i got an EV "motorbike" i think that counts ;)

Eva Ribelle RS (which looks like this for those who aren't bikers)

Porsche Taycan Do you have other EV's? evaribelle_mosaico_ANN4110
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
While I have had many EVs/plugins, I only have had one at a time, since I have never been able to convince my wife/kids to go EV themselves until recently. Soon, we will have two!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Nope but will try to be first in the cue for the 2024 Mini Cooper S if it ever gets built!! :)

Wife has the ICE version and insists on wanting to replace it with the EV - don't blame her - just worried re supply chain as to when that thing will (if) ever get built and suspect when it does, the demand will be through the roof.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
BTW, cool bike indeed - zero to 60 in 2.6 secs is not exactly a slouch :) Reminds me that I prob need to sell my aging BMW GS 1200 soon!

OP
OP
Valen

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Ahah thanks. Actually it's even more impressive above 60. Before it's limited by physics. If you like bike that's really something to try (not just for the omfg effect)

Hmm sold my GSA 1200 to buy a Multistrada V4S last year.... i would not advise it ;)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I've driven a lot of EVs since beginning of this year.

My recommendations are:
  • Taycan: obviously.
  • BMW I4 40 M Sport: the closest you can get to replicating the drive of a Taycan, though you will need all the "Pro" options. Less than half the price and wait time.
  • Peugeot e208: yes I know, but if you can overlook the irritating <200m range, it is really fun to drive, like an oversized go-kart. Interior is a bit cramped, but surprisingly nice.
  • VW ID4 Pro: a surprise inclusion, and my current ride, usually I hate SUVs. But this one feels a lot faster to 0-60 than its claimed time, the range is excellent, it's very easy to drive and it has the most precise steering I have experienced outside of the Taycan or the Beemer. It's quite nimble and not too wide. Touch screen infotainment is absolutely awful. You tap the screen and it does something next decade. Other than that, recommended.

I'm hoping to get my hands on an I-Pace in the next few weeks as I've always wanted to drive one.

That will no doubt trump the ID4, though at a cost...

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Was driving an Audi eTron before acquiring the Taycan. Totally different driving experience of course. Both are very good at what they are suppose to provide to the driver. Have been on long trips with both. The Taycan is on steel with 30 series tires but does not beat me up even on rough roads. Very satisfied with both vehicles.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
We have a MachE GT. Also have a ford lightning that’s due around next month. I don’t see myself ever driving an ice vehicle again, fully enjoy the ev life. We have solar and ea stations that are super close. My husbands work has chargers as well. My only concern with our current cars is our 15 yr old just got his permit and I don’t think learning to drive a taycan or GT is a good idea…for my mental health atleast.