str8tner

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'97 Boxster, BMW 3 , Lexus RX 350
Country flag
I charge at home with a 40 amp charger. If my battery is say at 25% of capacity, the charge rate is .4mi/minute. Sometime during the charge it slows to .3mi/min. I expect that as the battery nears 90 or 100% it will slow further. Does anyone have a graph of the charge rate vs battery capacity. I asked Porsche tech but haven't heard back from them.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I charge at home with a 40 amp charger. If my battery is say at 25% of capacity, the charge rate is .4mi/minute. Sometime during the charge it slows to .3mi/min. I expect that as the battery nears 90 or 100% it will slow further. Does anyone have a graph of the charge rate vs battery capacity. I asked Porsche tech but haven't heard back from them.
First of all on the Taycan lower screen during charging press the mi/min it will change it to kW. See post number 54 in the link below.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...can-charge-as-fast-as-i-want-it-to.779/page-4

Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
I don't think there's a significant difference at the top of the battery as far as charge curves using a Level 2 charger. There's a significant charging curve when using DC fast chargers, but even then, it never drops below anything close to what a Level 2 charger puts out. Long story short, it is negligible when charging at home.

Also, perhaps to be kind to the next owner of your Taycan, it is not recommended to charge to/near 100% on a routine basis as it will cause additional degradation of the battery over time. I usually only top off the battery if I am going on a long road trip and I need the full range.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I don't think there's a significant difference at the top of the battery as far as charge curves using a Level 2 charger. There's a significant charging curve when using DC fast chargers, but even then, it never drops below anything close to what a Level 2 charger puts out. Long story short, it is negligible when charging at home.

Also, perhaps to be kind to the next owner of your Taycan, it is not recommended to charge to/near 100% on a routine basis as it will cause additional degradation of the battery over time. I usually only top off the battery if I am going on a long road trip and I need the full range.
Good point on the Level 2 vs DC fast chargers.

OP
OP

str8tner

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'97 Boxster, BMW 3 , Lexus RX 350
Country flag

Thanks. I also charge above 80% only when necessary.
Sponsored