Does Your Surround View Camera Work?

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I paid for the surround view camera (Premium Package) but it does not work. My dealer is aware of this but has not offered any solution after two months. The car just completed the in shop software update with no change in behavior.

Before the software update I could click where the camera icons were supposed to be (they were not visible) and would get the corresponding view to the right, which I could then rotate. Now, I get no icons and no surround views.

Here is how surround view is supposed to work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu5821jil... Surround View Camera Porsche Taycan.mp4?dl=0

Here what my camera system can do (no surround view): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1z87dwjxvz04gf/Taycan Surround View Not Working.mp4?dl=0

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I have MY2021 and it doesn’t do that. No matter where I press on the screen, I don’t get the view in the first video. I ordered my car at launch and it was delayed. I too was expecting this feature.

OP
OP
Mr. 2021 Taycan

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmmm, checked some other posts here and some believe Porsche made the surround feature a separate $$ option for 2021 even though the Premium Package specification refers to "Surround View." If this is true, Porsche has gone out of its way to be deceptive. Someone please tell me this is not true.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Apparently there is a difference between Surround View (top down 360 view) and Surround View 3D. Here in Norway, Surround View 3D is only given with the Active Parking Assist. I just checked the US configurator and the "Surround View" option makes no mention of 3D and the "Active Parking" option makes no mention of the Surround View 3D, so the whole thing is a bit of a mystery.

Reactions: sfr

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Hmmm, checked some other posts here and some believe Porsche made the surround feature a separate $$ option for 2021 even though the Premium Package specification refers to "Surround View." If this is true, Porsche has gone out of its way to be deceptive. Someone please tell me this is not true.
I had a placed my order so long ago that it was originally done the MY2020. When the 2021 tool launched, I updated the options and selected a lot more (including the contrast stitching which caused my delay further). On the tool there wasn’t a separate option for the 3D otherwise I would have ticked it. They may have changed it later though - just before production other options were added that I wanted but wasn’t able to add (leather B pillar with contrast stitching for example).

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Mine works exactly like the Porsche dealer demo (your first video). The SurroundView (just the top down view in the left) is one feature, and the SurroundView 3D comes with ParkAssist. Any chance you do not have ParkAssist enabled? Go to Vehicle - Assist - Assist System Settings - ParkAssist to see if it has been checked off.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine works exactly like the Porsche dealer demo (your first video). The SurroundView (just the top down view in the left) is one feature, and the SurroundView 3D comes with ParkAssist. Any chance you do not have ParkAssist enabled? Go to Vehicle - Assist - Assist System Settings - ParkAssist to see if it has been checked off.
I have the same issue as the OP. I checked the settings and ParkAssist is selected. Is yours MY20 or MY21?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In UK for MY21 there are 3 parking options each dependent on the other and therefore layered cost options.

Standard on the car is Park Assist (front and rear sensors), next comes Park Assist with reversing camera, next comes 360 Surround (4 cameras), and finally 3D with Parking Assistant (3D viewing and automatic parking).

MY21 also has the undocumented 3D feature / bug which can be useful and fiddly at the same time. Once you get the hang of it it's fine. Note this doesn't provide auto parking

Park Assist is either on or off and can be set to auto (speed dependent) and then controlled from the display. There is nothing else to switch on within the PCM. Shortcut on lower screen bottom left.
Sponsored