DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag
Hi there. I have a Dolomite saloon on order with the RS Spyder rims (due in September/October). In real life the rims look fantastic. I wasn't sure at first, and I selected the Taycan Exclusive rims like you have, but trust me, you'll be happy with the RS Spyder rims.

In the photo below it looks good, but the suspension on the car is a bit high, so it should look even better in reality.

img-1-960x.jpg

This is a Sport Turismo, but the suspension settings make it look better.

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club {filename}
#Throb...very helpful photo so many thanks. RS do look great indeed and your photo seems to answer a question I had ..... seems to confirm that these wheels don't have any black gloss inserts inside the wheel rims (yellow area below) which I wasn't keen on (seems to feature on a few wheels options).. Less is more !

BUT I still do like 21" Exclusive design wheels too but concerned that the high black gloss on wheels are too much and higher maintenance.

Could be wrong and seems like a lot of people on this forum seems to like them... any thoughts from any owners with these wheels , happy with them, they look the part too ?

...and I love this pic below of the wheels I borrowed from this forum - thanks to #Austrian4S. I also love # Torx and #domini1720 exclusiv wheel pics..

Choice is proving to be a bad thing. :cool:

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club 1658936767691

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club 1658937246159

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
#Throb...very helpful photo so many thanks. RS do look great indeed and your photo seems to answer a question I had ..... seems to confirm that these wheels don't have any black gloss inserts inside the wheel rims (yellow area below) which I wasn't keen on (seems to feature on a few wheels options).. Less is more !

BUT I still do like 21" Exclusive design wheels too but concerned that the high black gloss on wheels are too much and higher maintenance.

Could be wrong and seems like a lot of people on this forum seems to like them... any thoughts from any owners with these wheels , happy with them, they look the part too ?

...and I love this pic below of the wheels I borrowed from this forum - thanks to #Austrian4S. I also love # Torx and #domini1720 exclusiv wheel pics..

I ordered mine like that, RS wheels all the way, i love open design wheels. the black is same as the powered port cover so there you get a tone match.

i have not decided what color my calipers will go, mine is RWD so is coming with a greyish/gunmental color

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi folks, just registered and looking forward to joining this club in Jan '23 when my Dolomite Silver Taycan due to deliver - fingers crossed ! Have found this forum really helpful, great pics and comments

Just two things left to decide, one major, one minor and interested if any comments/photos..

1/ I really like the RS Spyder wheels (normal silver metallic, not black gloss etc) but I have not seen 'live' at dealers and only on configurator. Doesnt appear to be any picturs of Silver + RS Spyder wheels on this forum.

would anyone pls have photos of Silver Taycan with RS Spyder wheels ? At the moment I have ordered the 21" Taycan Exclusive Design wheels with high gloss black finish that the dealer highly recommends and I have seen some super photos above so just like to compare. Thanks

2/ My dealer also suggest I also get black high gloss handles so it runs a smooth line front to back across the car and picks up the rest of black high gloss finish on side mirror, side skirt, power charger etc.......however, every single one of the pictures on this forum just show full silver bodywork, no black gloss handles so wondering am I missing a trick here.

Love to hear any comments or see some photos.. Snapshots below of the spec showing the wheels and handles..

Thanks all.

hope this upclose pic help you

Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club 21 RS Wheels

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag

Of those two, I'd go Exclusive design. Much sportier looking wheel.
Thanks Archimedes, feels like both wheels are equally nice and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i.e. I just have to make the choice and i wont go wrong wither way!

Just curios if anyone with exclusive wheels have any misgivings about them ...everyone just seems to love them !!

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag

Thanks Diego, that's a really helpful pic, clearest closeup I have seen with the details....cheers.
its a fuss free wheel and thats this chat all becomes subjective as some may say RS bit conservative and not as sporty as the Exclusive....

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks Diego, that's a really helpful pic, clearest closeup I have seen with the details....cheers.
its a fuss free wheel and thats this chat all becomes subjective as some may say RS bit conservative and not as sporty as the Exclusive....
I went for the RS, i plan to paint my calipers and on a closed design wheel you wont see any extra color there.

i am glad it helped.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
In real life they look sporty. They're the same style as the GTS Spyder rims after all, albeit not painted in satin black.

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag

Hi Throb I love this photo of the sport tourismo above as it has the RS spyder wheels AND the black handles which I mentioned earlier and had not seen anywhere. Can you pls share where you saw this ( website?) or do you have a photo showing complete side shot ?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Black wheels are very high maintenance….especially if you are particular about that kind of thing. I did it twice….once on a Porsche. Never again.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Black wheels are very high maintenance….especially if you are particular about that kind of thing. I did it twice….once on a Porsche. Never again.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Hi Throb I love this photo of the sport tourismo above as it has the RS spyder wheels AND the black handles which I mentioned earlier and had not seen anywhere. Can you pls share where you saw this ( website?) or do you have a photo showing complete side shot ?
This photo was taken from the Porsche Netherlands website under cars for sale. Unfortunately it must have been sold as it's no longer listed and I don't have any more photos of it. I have seen this car in real life, however, and the photos do not do it justice. As soon as I saw it I switched my order from Ice Grey with the Taycan Exclusive rims to Dolomite with the RS Spyder rims. I'm getting a saloon Taycan, but I could still see how fantastic it would look.

IrishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW5
Country flag
This photo was taken from the Porsche Netherlands website under cars for sale. Unfortunately it must have been sold as it's no longer listed and I don't have any more photos of it. I have seen this car in real life, however, and the photos do not do it justice. As soon as I saw it I switched my order from Ice Grey with the Taycan Exclusive rims to Dolomite with the RS Spyder rims. I'm getting a saloon Taycan, but I could still see how fantastic it would look.
You're very convincing Throb, think I am defo leaning towards Spyder and that Turismo photo and your confirmation really help.

Assume you did not go in your spec with black door handle like the Turismo photo above ?
Sponsored