Door opening sequence

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
My ‘22 CT’s doors annoy me. They pop open a tenth of a second before the window lowers. I feel as if they are sequenced opposite of the way it should work. The preferred sequence should be 1) window drops, 2) door pops open (sequenced in order with the shortest time delay possible). Given that the Taycan has electrically actuated doors I’m surprised by the way it operates.

In an older 911 for example when you first move the door handle, the window lowers, then as you continue to move the door handle further, the door opens. Window, then door…. And yes, I’m only actuating the doors of the Taycan (inside and out) to the first detent.

Do you experience the same?
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How hard are you pulling on the interior door handle?

The handle is 2 staged, the first stage is an electronic door release and should be slightly delayed to allow the window to roll down as you said. The second stage is mechanical unlatching which will not be timed with the window.

Next time pay attention to how hard you're pulling the interior handle, a soft pull is all you need. You're likely activating the mechanical release.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My ‘22 CT’s doors annoy me. They pop open a tenth of a second before the window lowers. I feel as if they are sequenced opposite of the way it should work. The preferred sequence should be 1) window drops, 2) door pops open (sequenced in order with the shortest time delay possible). Given that the Taycan has electrically actuated doors I’m surprised by the way it operates.

In an older 911 for example when you first move the door handle, the window lowers, then as you continue to move the door handle further, the door opens. Window, then door…. And yes, I’m only actuating the doors of the Taycan (inside and out) to the first detent.

Do you experience the same?
No.
Mine open the way you expect, not the way you describe.

OP
OP

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’m only actuating to the first detent. Said that in the first message

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m only actuating to the first detent. Said that in the first message
Check the owner's manual as I think you can relearn the window opening and closing positions. It may not cure your issue but worth a try.

OP
OP

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Thanks! I’ll give that a try.
Sponsored