JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
With our 3’years of free 30 minutes EA sessions does anyone know if you can unplug at 30 minutes then plug back in for another 30? My local EA station is so slow and every time that 30 minutes does not do the job.
I called EA but no change to this station bank.
I asked EA about the back to back 30 minutes but they had no answer.
Sponsored

cb02z0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan (base)
Country flag
With our 3’years of free 30 minutes EA sessions does anyone know if you can unplug at 30 minutes then plug back in for another 30? My local EA station is so slow and every time that 30 minutes does not do the job.
I called EA but no change to this station bank.
I asked EA about the back to back 30 minutes but they had no answer.
I’ve heard you can not just from Porsche owners but also polestar, Audi, and rivian owners. However I have yet to try it. Worth a shot. Worse they can do is charge you for the session.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I’ve heard you can not just from Porsche owners but also polestar, Audi, and rivian owners. However I have yet to try it. Worth a shot. Worse they can do is charge you for the session.
True thanks, I am here now and getting ready to try it. Will update my post for all to learn.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I did it once. Slow charger I stayed at for 15 min then disconnected and tried the other one and extended beyond total 30 min but was not charged

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I did it once. Slow charger I stayed at for 15 min then disconnected and tried the other one and extended beyond total 30 min but was not charged
What do you mean by slow charger? While DC is limited to 30 min sessions, the free AC sessions are 60 min.

There have also been several reports of charging stations being free at various times due to EA issues.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
What do you mean by slow charger? While DC is limited to 30 min sessions, the free AC sessions are 60 min.

There have also been several reports of charging stations being free at various times due to EA issues.
It was a 150 KW charger but was only charging 45-47 KW rate

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've never had a problem with back to back sessions and being charged - however _IF_ the charger is working correcctly - the Taycan's battery isn't big enough to require much more than a 30 min charge - honeslty I've never needed more than 30 min unless the charger was super slow.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've never had a problem with back to back sessions and being charged - however _IF_ the charger is working correcctly - the Taycan's battery isn't big enough to require much more than a 30 min charge - honeslty I've never needed more than 30 min unless the charger was super slow.
It depends on your SOC when you begin charging. The last time, mine was at 13% and after 30 mins, it only took it up to 73% @ 120 kW

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do confirm you can. I do it 2-3 times a week. I show up at a charger, charge for 30 mins, then unplug, wait for the charger to show "available" on the App and then plug in again, still for free, still as fast as the SOC allows. I started doing this after during a call with EA, the representative said it's a little trick that can be used.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's a new policy. Porsche still has the 30min cap per charge but there is no delay in between the charge sessions. I confirmed this during an issue with both EA and Porsche.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
I tried a 350 kw EA charger today for the first time and it worked perfectly as Plug & Charge and the speed was literally 10x the speed of my home 240 v charger (0.4miles/minute vs. 4.3 miles per minute).

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried a 350 kw EA charger today for the first time and it worked perfectly as Plug & Charge and the speed was literally 10x the speed of my home 240 v charger (0.4miles/minute vs. 4.3 miles per minute).
4.3 is actually slow - that translates to roughly 90ish kW - even a 150 kW charger should be giving you more than that...unless you started charging north of 70%

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
4.3 is actually slow - that translates to roughly 90ish kW - even a 150 kW charger should be giving you more than that...unless you started charging north of 70%
Hmmmm. I think the SOC when I started the EA charge was about 54%. What do you think is my problem? Also, with my 240 v home charger, should I be getting faster charging than the 0.4 miles/minute? In this instance, should I have my electrician check the circuit? Thanks

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This sounds about right to me. You should see about 100kW if you plug in at 5x%
Sponsored