Philzoid

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hi mate. I have this charger. I don’t use the charger profile to set charging times. I use the Porsche app. Never had an issue charging. Here are screenshots of my Easee charger settings. Hope this helps.

C2BA32BC-D0FA-4ED3-8B88-463FE934BBE4.png
7B5428E1-E99F-4D4D-816B-2279C6F42754.png
Thanks
Can you send me screen shots of your My Porsche timers/profiles please?
Need to get this sorted asap as i'm gonna be left in the sh*t at some point :)

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Thanks
I don’t have a regular profile I use but below was one I setup for when we went on holiday before NYE.

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers A18C4973-734F-461A-ACEC-D5DD76D5568C

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks
I've attached a location based profile (min 25%), daily timer, preferred times 00:00 - 07:00, depart at 07:00, 85% charge. Works 100% for the past 26 months.

For non Porsche EVSEs the rule of thumb is to ensure no timer or scheduling feature is enabled on the EVSE (ie run in dumb mode).

Ensure that you don't have other conflicting profiles or timers active either.

I have 2 location based profiles (Aberdeen and Edinburgh for example) active and a single timer.

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers Daily Timer.PNG

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers Profile - Preferred Charging Time

OP
OP
Philzoid

Philzoid

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I've attached a location based profile (min 25%), daily timer, preferred times 00:00 - 07:00, depart at 07:00, 85% charge. Works 100% for the past 26 months.

For non Porsche EVSEs the rule of thumb is to ensure no timer or scheduling feature is enabled on the EVSE (ie run in dumb mode).

Ensure that you don't have other conflicting profiles or timers active either.

I have 2 location based profiles (Aberdeen and Edinburgh for example) active and a single timer.

Daily Timer.PNG

Profile - Preferred Charging Time.png
These are mine which look similar to me:

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers FC2E406F-6242-4227-8966-F322E3D15A16

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers CD89EEFC-27A7-49D1-8985-2A4D34A5EF51

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

FC2E406F-6242-4227-8966-F322E3D15A16.jpeg

CD89EEFC-27A7-49D1-8985-2A4D34A5EF51.jpeg
Yep - these are perfect.

1. Do you have other timers active?
2. Do you have other profiles active?
3. Is your EVSE in dumb mode - no programme enabled?
4. Reconfirm actual problem(s) experienced?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag

FC2E406F-6242-4227-8966-F322E3D15A16.jpeg

CD89EEFC-27A7-49D1-8985-2A4D34A5EF51.jpeg
Disclaimer: I don't own a Taycan yet nor will I charge it at home so I haven't digged through those specific settings yet.

However, I swear I read somewhere on this forum that "minimum charge" is in fact the maximum charge you want so by that logic, in your screenshot it should be 85%, not 25%?

Sorry if this is all wrong. Maybe it helps.

joacimli

First Name
Joacim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sport Turismo M22 (2:nd Taycan), Porsche 968, 1992
Country flag
First, I don't have a Easee charger, my brother-in-law has one, but I can confirm that my car has had some intermittent problems lately with charging where it would suddenly charge to 100 % even though I have had the same settings active since delivery in July. This is my second Taycan and this is the first time I have been having issues.

I always have the charger "on" and only control the charging hours in the profile and the time for departure in the timer settings.

I don't know if this helps, but that's my two shillings..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Disclaimer: I don't own a Taycan yet nor will I charge it at home so I haven't digged through those specific settings yet.

However, I swear I read somewhere on this forum that "minimum charge" is in fact the maximum charge you want so by that logic, in your screenshot it should be 85%, not 25%?

Sorry if this is all wrong. Maybe it helps.
Yeah, that's not correct.

25% means to charge the car immediately up to 25% and then wait for the timer event.

Please don't confuse further.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I also have an Easee EVSE - works really well. Integrates with my electrical system if I want (spot pricing with PV panels ) but I don't currently use that.

tiagodcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 992 GTS
Country flag
Does anyone have experience of using an Easee Home charger? I'm having real issues getting the car to charge during the night using the timers. Went in to the dealer for the "Masterclass" but came away none the wiser 🤦🏻‍♂️
We're having exactly the same issue. It's now been 6 months of russian roulette of not knowing whether the car will charge overnight or not. Did you ever find a solution? Please let me know.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
The Schedule on the Easee app front page should be kept to Off

Porsche Taycan Easee Home Charger Issues / Timers image0

tiagodcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 992 GTS
Country flag
The Schedule on the Easee app front page should be kept to Off

image0.jpeg
Yes, it's off. The Easee charger tries to supply charge to the car but because the car is on a set timer (overnight) it rejects it, i.e. charging is paused per Porsche app. I believe the issue happens because the Easee charger attempts to supply charge, which is rejected by the car when you first plug it in and within 10/15mins the Easee charger then marks the charging session as "COMPLETED", meaning that unless it got unplugged and plugged again that charging session is finished. So when the car schedule kicks in, the Easee charger is not supplying power because it sees that session as already completed. Just a guess but I reckon that's why the two bits of software don't seem to work together. Curious to see how @Philzoid resolved it, as it is exactly the same issue.

OP
OP
Philzoid

Philzoid

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Yes, it's off. The Easee charger tries to supply charge to the car but because the car is on a set timer (overnight) it rejects it, i.e. charging is paused per Porsche app. I believe the issue happens because the Easee charger attempts to supply charge, which is rejected by the car when you first plug it in and within 10/15mins the Easee charger then marks the charging session as "COMPLETED", meaning that unless it got unplugged and plugged again that charging session is finished. So when the car schedule kicks in, the Easee charger is not supplying power because it sees that session as already completed. Just a guess but I reckon that's why the two bits of software don't seem to work together. Curious to see how @Philzoid resolved it, as it is exactly the same issue.
I haven't really solved it I'm afraid. The Easee charger is set to power at all times but still couldn't make it work with the Porsche timer etc. All I do now is have nothing set on the car and set timer the charger to come on for how ever many hours I think I need to get somewhere near 85%. Not ideal but works for my needs.

tiagodcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 992 GTS
Country flag
I haven't really solved it I'm afraid. The Easee charger is set to power at all times but still couldn't make it work with the Porsche timer etc. All I do now is have nothing set on the car and set timer the charger to come on for how ever many hours I think I need to get somewhere near 85%. Not ideal but works for my needs.
Thanks anyway. It's incredibly frustrating, we recently thought the Porsche in-car profile (while leaving the Easee set to power at all times) was doing the job but without nothing changing it's stopped working and we're now on day 4 without overnight charging working...

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
And you have the access as open? Other than that I cant think what it might be. When I plug in the car it will always charge for a few minutes, which I assume is for the car to figure out when to start the charge to hit the timer.
Sponsored