bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's a Cdn$580 option... so it's marked up like double when retrofitting just the parts.... crazy... but it's Porsche I guess....
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
All in all, it's a $3,500 to $4,000 cost to add sports sound, based on $580 option... crazy... can get a nice exhaust system for that price on an ICE car... The parts are like $1,000... How hard is it to hook up a couple of speakers and some wires... maybe do it myself... haha

haesoph

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
Current owners: at 1:47 in this video, what is the car doing? what is this noise? can you make the car purr? I don't remember anything like this during my face time with these cars.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Current owners: at 1:47 in this video, what is the car doing? what is this noise? can you make the car purr? I don't remember anything like this during my face time with these cars.

thats what happens when you engage launch control. You can see that was what they were doing as the car kind of squats under the load

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Glad to hear their are actually parts for the sports sound. I thought I was paying for an unlock.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Glad to hear their are actually parts for the sports sound. I thought I was paying for an unlock.
Would have been better if it was just an unlock and price it close to the option price... so stupid you need more speakers and the retrofit takes, according to them, 9-11 hours... pricy for louder sound without performance gain, like you would with a new exhaust system on an ICE...

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would have been better if it was just an unlock and price it close to the option price... so stupid you need more speakers and the retrofit takes, according to them, 9-11 hours... pricy for louder sound without performance gain, like you would with a new exhaust system on an ICE...
I much prefer knowing I got something for my $500. ?

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Looks like it could take a few hours, I'm tempted to do this... haha. Thanks for the PDF...
Plan for more than a few hours- The PDF quotes labor time as 710 TU (710 Time Units) to install electric sports sound... I believe VW/Porsche TU conversion is 100 TU=1 hour so installing this takes 7 hour 10 minutes at least according to this document....
Sponsored