electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
EA gave me a complimentary session and said to call Porsche 🤦‍♂️. Only charging at 74kW even though it’s a 350kW station…
Sponsored

Taycan_SF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Running into an issue with my first EA charge attempt where there’s server errors any time I try to activate charging from the app. Enabling direct charging from the PCM and plugging directly in gets to the payment processing page but then says that payment processing failed (my card is fine). Been on phone with EA for 18 minutes now waiting for some resolution…
I get exactly same issues with my taycan…. At loss as to how to address this problem ..

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
Charging NA, upper right side app…I don’t think I’ll ever use it again.

B7351CCB-EDFC-4624-BAD3-16789FCD8CB8.png
NO MORE Charging NA !!

I have the EA App, but it is worthless in the connectivity and (complimentary) session payment from Porsche

Still lots of POOR and UNRELIABLE Service

Plugging into EA Green Monster is a Nail Biting Endeavour

My Taycan most often NOT recognized on EA Screen

However, Option to Swipe my Credit Card always dis
Porsche Taycan Electrify America problem after Update No More Charging NA
played

Desperation, need for quick charge and lack of time have often tempted me to swipe my AMEX and just pay for the charging session

Anyone with any experience on getting reimbursed for these technological failures between EA and Porsche ??

Porsche Taycan Electrify America problem after Update No More Charging NA

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
NO MORE Charging NA !!
Porsche obsoleted the Charging NA app with the same functionality incorporated into the My Porsche app. That was roughly a year ago. The My Porsche app activates my EA charging sessions the same as with the old Charging NA app. Is the My Porsche app not initiating EA charging sessions for you? Please be more specific so we can help.

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Looks like there might be a new EA backend update on their servers on Monday that should fix the payments issue. Seems to be a known problem on their end.
Just tested down here in SoCal. Same errors as you described.
Ran into this problem yesterday on a road trip, worst possible time to find out. Spent about 15 minutes with EA support to get help as they were unaware of any issues on their end. It takes a supervisor to authorize any complimentary charging.
Porsche customer service was not helpful except to suggest EA customer support will provide a complimentary charge each time.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hello all, I tried charging for my very first time at EA and got the exact same issue saying my payment failed (no idea how/why) and when I tried to activate charging via the app, the app said that the servers were unavailable. I ended up getting a free session this morning after a 30-minute call with EA, but had to pay out of pocket this evening to top up....hopefully this is fixed tomorrow. Do you all know of any method of linking the free Porsche charging account to the EA app? I tried entering the Porsche subscription ID in the "enrollment code" within the "Premium Plans/Offer" option within the EA app with no joy.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Hello all, I tried charging for my very first time at EA and got the exact same issue saying my payment failed (no idea how/why) and when I tried to activate charging via the app, the app said that the servers were unavailable. I ended up getting a free session this morning after a 30-minute call with EA, but had to pay out of pocket this evening to top up....hopefully this is fixed tomorrow. Do you all know of any method of linking the free Porsche charging account to the EA app? I tried entering the Porsche subscription ID in the "enrollment code" within the "Premium Plans/Offer" option within the EA app with no joy.
you don’t need an EA account or link them.
Make sure there is a credit card in your My Porsche account.

activate P&C in the car

Plug in, should work.

If it doesn’t work, keep your EA account out of the conversation until you get this part fixed.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
you don’t need an EA account or link them.
Make sure there is a credit card in your My Porsche account.

activate P&C in the car

Plug in, should work.

If it doesn’t work, keep your EA account out of the conversation until you get this part fixed.
I did all of those things and it still didn't work. I verified P&C was checked, and ensured my current credit card was linked to my account. Still no dice. I folded due to my schedule but I'd like to not use my EA account for obvious reasons.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
I did all of those things and it still didn't work. I verified P&C was checked, and ensured my current credit card was linked to my account. Still no dice. I folded due to my schedule but I'd like to not use my EA account for obvious reasons.
does your app look like this?

Porsche Taycan Electrify America problem after Update 1671400292251