Extended Leather or ACC + RAS

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
The longer my build is out of lockdown (excuse the pun), the more I am haemorrhaging money on options.

I have recently decided to upgrade to extended leather, however I’m now thinking would the money be better spent on Adaptive Cruise plus Rear Axle Steer??

Self imposed budget was originally £90k, that crept to £91k-ish…currently sitting at £95k…on a 4CT
Sponsored

E2EEO

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The longer my build is out of lockdown (excuse the pun), the more I am haemorrhaging money on options.

I have recently decided to upgrade to extended leather, however I’m now thinking would the money be better spent on Adaptive Cruise plus Rear Axle Steer??

Self imposed budget was originally £90k, that crept to £91k-ish…currently sitting at £95k…on a 4CT
RAS is awesome, got it on my car and the way you turn in the road is awesome, plus high speed turning is so stable.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is a toughie. I have full leather and really wanted in after partial leather in my previous Porsche which always irritated me. I also have ACC but not RAS. The ACC I have found really useful in traffic especially when I have a few calls or I am listening to a Podcast. I would put that number 1. I have to park in quite a few locations with really tight access/egress - so far no issues but I am sure RAS would have helped. For me leather number 2 therefore and RAS 3.

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
This is a toughie. I have full leather and really wanted in after partial leather in my previous Porsche which always irritated me. I also have ACC but not RAS. The ACC I have found really useful in traffic especially when I have a few calls or I am listening to a Podcast. I would put that number 1. I have to park in quite a few locations with really tight access/egress - so far no issues but I am sure RAS would have helped. For me leather number 2 therefore and RAS 3.
I currently have full leather in the Panamera, but no ACC or RAS.
I have no trouble without RAS in the Pana so I’m sure I’ll be fine in the Taycan.

Ive always had upgraded leather in Porsche, but everyone says the partial leather is a real step up in the Taycan, so I’m thinking is that money better spent elsewhere..or god forbid “saved”.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag

Exact same decision I had when I ordered (still sitting at port undelivered) RWD. Went with ACC and RAS. Standard black interior, for me, works just fine.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In order or preference: extended leather (too much plastic otherwise), RAS ( includes PSP) then ACC (I would have no use for it).

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Anyone mind putting their steering wheel at full lock and then stepping out to take a picture? I have RAS and my dad said he didn't see the back wheels turning. the car FEELS super small when turning at a parking lot, but now I'm wondering... ?

edit: I just noticed I'm in the cross turismo section. Hah. Well, if anyone sees this with either car type, mind doing it anyway? Haha.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone mind putting their steering wheel at full lock and then stepping out to take a picture? I have RAS and my dad said he didn't see the back wheels turning. the car FEELS super small when turning at a parking lot, but now I'm wondering... ?

edit: I just noticed I'm in the cross turismo section. Hah. Well, if anyone sees this with either car type, mind doing it anyway? Haha.
6 deg turn - blink and you'll miss it and not like some other systems you may have seen.

I have it on my car but not convinced of all of its virtues - I'm used to parking a Panamera in tight spots which is the same size as the Taycan. U-turns there is an appreciable improvement (elsewhere on this forum there are some stats on reduced distances (also on the Porsche site).

High speed stability - unless you drive like you 'stole it' I doubt you will detect improvement over the norm.

All that said I would rather have it than not given I always go for PSP and so the incremental cost of RAS is justifiable.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Coming from an Audi A8 D3 facelift, which is about the same size, this feels like turning a golf.

You're probably right. He probably didn't see it from his angle. 6 degrees is more than enough to be noticeable from angles other than head on (towards the wheel).

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag

I would go for RAS and ACC. Most importantly bcos ACC makes the car future ready for the suite of a la carte over air updates and feature porsche will be offering.

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I would go for RAS and ACC. Most importantly bcos ACC makes the car future ready for the suite of a la carte over air updates and feature porsche will be offering.
What OTA updates do you think Porsche will bring to the Taycan? The only things I can think of a “self-driving” software, and tbh that doesn’t really interest me in a car like the Taycan.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
What OTA updates do you think Porsche will bring to the Taycan? The only things I can think of a “self-driving” software, and tbh that doesn’t really interest me in a car like the Taycan.

I'm hoping for Android Auto to be OTA added as it will be standard in 2022s from what I was told by the dealer.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
The potential is probably huge, ranging from self driving tech to back up camera updates, to remote app features, etc. It sounds like you’ve made up your mind in favor of leather.

I agree, most folks buying an electric Porsche want to actually drive it and not let a computer drive it! Porsche wants the same. I will admit that ACC comes in very handy in stop and go traffic out here in Atlanta!

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
The potential is probably huge, ranging from self driving tech to back up camera updates, to remote app features, etc. It sounds like you’ve made up your mind in favor of leather.

I agree, most folks buying an electric Porsche want to actually drive it and not let a computer drive it! Porsche wants the same. I will admit that ACC comes in very handy in stop and go traffic out here in Atlanta!
I have definitely decided on the leather as don’t want to”downgrade” from what I have now. But I haven’t ruled out the ACC or RAS….Porsche are experts at parting a man (or woman) with their cash!
Sponsored