My first Porsche! Taycan GTS Sport Turismo - build feedback?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello friends,

New to the forum and to the PCar community. I am a long time VW/Audi owner though, with a MK6 GTI, B9 A4, MK7.5 GTI, and presently a B9 S4 under my belt.

Dreamt of owning a Porsche since I worked for Porsche/Audi Rochester in college photographing their inventory. Great job.

My spec is pretty much done at this point, Bay Area dealer has taken my $5k deposit for an order @ MSRP and the commission form is signed. They tell me I am #5 in line, and should expect an order lock in July-ish for a September-October delivery if all goes smoothly (they estimate they will know more concretely in Feb when they get a further drop of allocations).

I had the pleasure of test driving a nicely spec'd Taycan Turbo they had in CPO inventory that same day and was sold on the car in the first 30 seconds of driving it.

my spec so far -- feedback welcome
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNG43K86

highlights:
- neptune blue 100 percent (saw in person on a Taycan 4 CT and it was jaw dropping, like halfway between Ascari Blue and Nogaro Blue)
- black standard leather interior (do not like alcantara)
- premium package, innodrive, PDCC, RAS, rear 2+1, and vent seats.

that's pretty much it. very much looking forward to this, not looking forward to waiting!
Sponsored

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Looks like a good build, but the interior is a bit dull at the moment.
I’d recommend at least adding the Aluminium Rhombus trim to break up the black (a $0 option). I’d also suggest the accents in dark silver (to get rid of the cheap plastic door handles) and the graphite blue seat belts. All relatively cheap options that will add a subtle touch to the cabin.

If it doesn’t kill the budget, get the RS Spider wheels, since it is a GTS. They look awesome!

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’d recommend at least adding the Aluminium Rhombus trim to break up the black (a $0 option). I’d also suggest the accents in dark silver (to get rid of the cheap plastic door handles) and the graphite blue seat belts. All relatively cheap options that will add a subtle touch to the cabin.

If it doesn’t kill the budget, get the RS Spider wheels, since it is a GTS. They look awesome!
Or, bordeoux red interior :rock:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Those stickers are "great" dust collectors... just let me know after few weeks if you are still having them.

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Why don't the UK get packages, Audi offers them....
Only the US has packages I think. In Belgium there is a business pack at the moment but not spectacular. Only visible in the dealer configurator.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congrats!

Two tone leather with Chalk/Black is another great option is you want to brighten up the interior.

But if all black interior is your thing by all mean go for it.

Great build.

I opted in for the 20” wheels with the intention to get a aftermarket wheels for summer, but considering your location the 21” RS will be your year-round wheels and it is a great looker.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
npx

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Congrats!

Two tone leather with Chalk/Black is another great option is you want to brighten up the interior.

But if all black interior is your thing by all mean go for it.

Great build.

I opted in for the 20” wheels with the intention to get a aftermarket wheels for summer, but considering your location the 21” RS will be your year-round wheels and it is a great looker.
Thank you all for the commentary, much appreciated. Love the RS wheels but I’m sticking with the 20 inch wheels, because back in the day my dad had 21 inch wheels on his Model S, and suffered three flats in the first year.

also when I was at the Porsche store, there was a Taycan sitting outside with 21 inch mission E wheels and a flat… 30 sidewall is not for me.

OP
OP
npx

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

good suggestions, dark silver was actually supposed to be checked!

I need to see the 2 tone in person…my concern is durability of white leather

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
good suggestions, dark silver was actually supposed to be checked!

I need to see the 2 tone in person…my concern is durability of white leather
That’s why I hint on bordeaux red.

OP
OP
npx

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s why I hint on bordeaux red.
red’s a bit much for me I’m afraid. We’ll see, I have lots of time until my build locks

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Red interior is too much for me too. I really like the low-key black interior, but went with Red seatbelts to break it up.
Sponsored