First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (order), '72 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I will be locking in a GTS ST very shortly and keep revisiting the spec. I am happy with my decisions so far but have a couple of minor things I am undecided on so looking to tap up the knowledge in the community here!

- Bordeaux red seatbelts: Going Carmine red exterior, not getting the GTS interior in Carmine red (too expensive) so debating whether or not to go for bordeaux seatbelts to add some colour or just leave them in black. Mostly worried about any clash in tones, but also whether its tacky to highlight something that's fundamentally not beautiful (a seatbelt).

- Rear bike carrier prep: I wont get the rear bike carrier (due to the 2500 euro price tag). The prep for the carrier though is fairly reasonable - is there any point speccing it in the hope that there is a 3rd party solution at some point that is more cost effective? I am thinking probably not.....but would kick myself if i ended up wanting it 2 years down the line!
Sponsored

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Carmine and Bordeaux do not match...soo maybe Crayon belts?

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have a GTS ST in Carmine with Bordeaux belts. The previous owner spec'd them and I was a bit hesitant until I saw the car. First, you can't really see them from outside, so clashing is hardly an issue. Second, you don't notice the belt color inside except when putting on the belts initially. That said, the extra little pop off color is kind of nice against an otherwise all black interior. I marvel at the amazing beauty of this car every day I'm at home!

TL;DR - if you like the Bordeaux belts, get them.

Some photos for you.

Belts are tucked behind the B-pillar so far they are hard to see:
Porsche Taycan Final Spec decisions before locking in PXL_20230908_165345741

Porsche Taycan Final Spec decisions before locking in PXL_20230908_165422388

Porsche Taycan Final Spec decisions before locking in PXL_20230908_165440109

This may be the only spot there is any real good view of the belts from the outside where it is obvious.
Porsche Taycan Final Spec decisions before locking in PXL_20230908_165522264

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
If you plan to keep the car add the coloured belt. If not don’t.
I had coloured belt before. I got sick of the colour after 6 months and They also got slightly discoloured over time. They look odd and out of fashion pretty quick.
In addition, you ll drive a red car, difficult not to be noticed.

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I have seen the contrasting red on black belts and like them a lot. I think it looks fine with the Carmine. I would do it. My opinion and taste. Go with your gut

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I will be locking in a GTS ST very shortly and keep revisiting the spec. I am happy with my decisions so far but have a couple of minor things I am undecided on so looking to tap up the knowledge in the community here!

- Bordeaux red seatbelts: Going Carmine red exterior, not getting the GTS interior in Carmine red (too expensive) so debating whether or not to go for bordeaux seatbelts to add some colour or just leave them in black. Mostly worried about any clash in tones, but also whether its tacky to highlight something that's fundamentally not beautiful (a seatbelt).

- Rear bike carrier prep: I wont get the rear bike carrier (due to the 2500 euro price tag). The prep for the carrier though is fairly reasonable - is there any point speccing it in the hope that there is a 3rd party solution at some point that is more cost effective? I am thinking probably not.....but would kick myself if i ended up wanting it 2 years down the line!
Did you spec the 150kw onboard charger. I was able to take advantage of that the first weekend of ownership. I am also able to "take advantage" of the tire and rim protection on the second weekend of ownership hahaha. Touch wood that i won't be taking advantage of any of my protection or insurance. I don't know about Sport Turismo. But the Cross Turismo in black seems pretty good. Black out everything looks pretty neat. My build with Dolomite Silver and black out remaining trims is pretty good too. I am not hip on red color on cars, maybe Ferrari would be an exception. But if it is me, i won't go fresh red but a more darkened red, etc. Maybe some metallic. Oh well..

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
- Rear bike carrier prep: I wont get the rear bike carrier (due to the 2500 euro price tag). The prep for the carrier though is fairly reasonable - is there any point speccing it in the hope that there is a 3rd party solution
I'm getting my Turbo ct in 2 weeks with rear bike carrier prep and the porsche carrier (free, nice gesture by the dealer). I remember seeing a custom solution here from someone in the US I think.
If you carry bikes you'll regret not having specced the prep thing. If you rarely do or don't what's the need for it

ps. the carmine red and coloured belts nicer than I thought

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I don’t like coloured belts but if pushed I would go contrast, not attempt to match.
Perhaps a Crayon belt as suggested above.
I have GTS without GTS interior.
Not just too expensive but way too much bling. Naff Carbon bits everywhere not for me and a bright red Sports Chrono Clock is a particular eye sore.
The only bit I wanted was the GTS letters on the steering wheel.

As far as rear cycle carrier I would leave it. The Porsche cycle carrier is a ridiculous cost and you won’t want some cheap rubbish hanging off the back. If Thule offer an alternative it will still be 2k.

Get roof bars and put bikes on roof.
Taycan is so low chucking them on the roof is easy. ST roof bars €300.
Just don’t drive under low bridges.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Personally, I find the colored seatbelts to be more of a contrast against the driver (when latched) and less so the car itself. They provide a pop of sportiness. I do think that you should be prepared to do some light cleaning a couple times per year…. If you are considering them, you would probably like them.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
As far as rear cycle carrier I would leave it. The Porsche cycle carrier is a ridiculous cost and you won’t want some cheap rubbish hanging off the back. If Thule offer an alternative it will still be 2k.

Get roof bars and put bikes on roof. Taycan is so low chucking them on the roof is easy. ST roof bars €300. Just don’t drive under low bridges.
Even assuming he'll have Jony Ive and Marc Newson design his roof bars 😁 , it depends what bikes he needs to carry (not clear). If it's Ebikes, ca 23 kg a pop, not sure how agile it is to throw them on the roof and scratching the body is just a handlebar away.
I have the best Thule they could offer for the G63, way cheaper than the Porsche one for the Taycan and UX is quite bad (myriad of parts, adjustment kits needed, etc.), I'm being given soon the Porsche one, lets see how it performs (yes, it ll be ugly but I have to carry e-bikes)

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I have the same combo, carmine + bordeaux red (although I wonder why guards or carmine wasn't an option for the seatbelts). That being said, I love it, and it's a constant compliment when somebody gets in. Would highly recommend that one, and option it again.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I suppose there are lots of parks that look sort of like that, but if it's where I think it is, years ago I randomly ran into Linus Torvalds on the power line trail pushing a little girl in a pram. I thanked him for rescuing me from clients blaming me for bugs in network stacks of operating systems made by fruit companies that I had no way of fixing.
Sponsored