Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
My budget is tight, I’m thinking

1. Part leather - any feedback on this rather than full leather

2. Standard audio rather than Bose - feedback on standard system would be appreciated
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Standard part leather leaves a lot of plastic surfaces which is not ideal. Extended leather option is the one to go for (helps resale if that's important).

Bose is a must (sorry).

Tricky with any budget but if you are making a personal purchase then the above would enhance both value and aesthetics. If company lease then perhaps resale is less important.

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have part leather for the same reasons you have given - in my opinion it’s ok - it’s still very nice interior.
Full leather nicer but... 2.5k g s you lots of other options

I do have Bose and thinks it’ s great so can’t comment on the standard

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have part leather for the same reasons you have given - in my opinion it’s ok - it’s still very nice interior.
Full leather nicer but... 2.5k g s you lots of other options

I do have Bose and thinks it’ s great so can’t comment on the standard
Part leather is standard, extended leather is the next one up which makes a big difference. Appreciate it is costly but comfort rather than toys is one way of looking at it.

At the end of the day you 'pay your money and take your choice'.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I went with full leather as the stitching on both sides of the screen would drive me insane long term..looks so cheap.

Standard interior- top photo
Upgraded interior- Bottom photo

Porsche Taycan Final specification 4S Capture1.JPG

Porsche Taycan Final specification 4S Capture.JPG

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
My 2 cents are that; I am not willing to pay just for looks (generally, except wheels) so partial leather etc. are good for me. Hifis in cars is always a tricky one. Depends what you listen, nowdays I listen mostly podcast so the sound quality is not that important. Other hand it is EV so there is not much sound (engine) from other sources, so you would like to at least have decent stereo.

You should go and listen standard one if that is sufficient for your ear.

Considering resale value I would say that Bose is more important than partial/full leather as people who buy second hand are usually looking to save money and would be ok with partial leather and might be younger who still likes their tunes.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
My 2 cents are that; I am not willing to pay just for looks (generally, except wheels) so partial leather etc. are good for me. Hifis in cars is always a tricky one. Depends what you listen, nowdays I listen mostly podcast so the sound quality is not that important. Other hand it is EV so there is not much sound (engine) from other sources, so you would like to at least have decent stereo.

You should go and listen standard one if that is sufficient for your ear.

Considering resale value I would say that Bose is more important than partial/full leather as people who buy second hand are usually looking to save money and would be ok with partial leather and might be younger who still likes their tunes.
The full leather is far from just looks, in fact its more feel of quality then looks. I would say the full leather would be better for resale then the upgraded stereo...just my 2 cents

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
The full leather is far from just looks, in fact its more feel of quality then looks. I would say the full leather would be better for resale then the upgraded stereo...just my 2 cents
I’m think that’s the way I will go

here is current spec pre-leather upgrade

PMDMM3U1

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You know, I went Standard interior and like it.. but I'd 100% go full leather next time. You're paying six figures for the car, pay just a tiny fraction more and get the nicer interior.

Standard is nice, but the leather is superb.

The Standard sound is universally terrible on Porsches. Get the Bose.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Standard Interior is fine for me.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I did a lot of research and saw a few up close. It's undeniable that the full leather is better, but whether you see the value is purely subjective/personal.

I was quite reserved with my options for a while, but hated the thought of getting a car costing well over £100k and regretting not spending an extra few to get what I wanted.

That said, Mylam, your CT looks lovely.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Full leather.
Burmester or at least Bose

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
If your contemplating a budget for two options.. i honestly don’t think you can afford the car
Unfortunately it’s going to be a company car and is at the very top of my allowance((

otherwise, I would agree with you, and would also have specified the basics - folding mirrors, 360 camera, 18 way seats, red seat belts and matrix headlights
Sponsored