Final specification 4S

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
If it's right at the top of the budget maybe step down from the 21in painted wheels and skip the sport chrono. I think you would miss having a reversing camera, it's a big car and the view out of the back is not great.

With your build you should definitely get the black door sill guards which is a no cost option.

The Bose system is great but I hear the standard one isn't. The matrix headlights are also excellent.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLB53N6
Sponsored

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
The Bose system is great but I hear the standard one isn't.
Curious who you heard that from? I haven't seen a single bad review of the standard in a Taycan compared to Bose from people who have the standard (including me). Would seriously be interested in knowing what others finding lacking.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
If your contemplating a budget for two options.. i honestly don’t think you can afford the car
I don’t think that’s fair. I had a budget and struggled with many options. but it had nothing to do with what I could afford.

It’s more about what someone’s willing to spend. If the car is that poor with without all of the options, then they should include the options and jack up the price accordingly. But I don’t think that’s the case. The options exist to let people spend the money on what’s important to them.

I went with standard leather (not full) and Bose myself.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I had a similar reaction but the op did say “tight” in his first post. So I get it. My budget was 150k..I have several cars...so it’s not a affordability issue. Its a how much am I willing to lose when I trade it in in two years issue...
If your contemplating a budget for two options.. i honestly don’t think you can afford the car

I don’t think that’s fair. I had a budget and struggled with many options. but it had nothing to do with what I could afford.

It’s more about what someone’s willing to spend. If the car is that poor with without all of the options, then they should include the options and jack up the price accordingly. But I don’t think that’s the case. The options exist to let people spend the money on what’s important to them.

I went with standard leather (not full) and Bose myself.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
If it's right at the top of the budget maybe step down from the 21in painted wheels and skip the sport chrono. I think you would miss having a reversing camera, it's a big car and the view out of the back is not great.

With your build you should definitely get the black door sill guards which is a no cost option.

The Bose system is great but I hear the standard one isn't. The matrix headlights are also excellent.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLB53N6
I think backup cameras are standard?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I had a similar reaction but the op did say “tight” in his first post.
He did say his budget was tight, but as you point out, that’s not same as what he can afford.

My budget was tight. I wanted a Taycan 4, which doesn’t exist. Stepping up to a 4S was a big deal budget-wise. I basically had to forgot the original budget and make a new one. And I still went $10k over that...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with not making yourself poor to buy a car. But I also understand not spending over a certain amount, regardless of what you can afford. (I also understand spending over the certain amount your not supposed to spend over...)

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Curious who you heard that from? I haven't seen a single bad review of the standard in a Taycan compared to Bose from people who have the standard (including me). Would seriously be interested in knowing what others finding lacking.
What’s your opinion of the standard system?? Have you had a Bose system before in a previous car - I’m told it’s mainly more bass

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What’s your opinion of the standard system?? Have you had a Bose system before in a previous car - I’m told it’s mainly more bass
Bose offers a surround sound experience plus has a powerful subwoofer and higher quality speakers. Optimised for Taycan (due to reduced background ambient noise).

Standard doesn't offer the above.

So do you want / require higher fidelity or happy with run of the mill?

I have the standard plus in my Boxster and it is pretty weak compared to the Bose in my Taycan. It is by far the best I've experienced and that includes the disappointing Burmeister system in a MY20 Cayenne S.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
The standard system in the Taycan is better than the Bose in my Macan. The latter had "more" bass but it was just really boomy and I had to turn it down anyway. I've tried the Bose in the Taycan and it's better but not worth the upcharge to me, and I've spent a LOT on my home system.

@W1NGE is saying the standard is "weak" but that's in a Boxster. You can't compare across models like that. Even a Burmester is probably disappointing in that car. That's why I'm curious if anyone with the standard in a Taycan actually regrets it. I don't.

OP
OP

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
It’s become a pain, because of lockdown, dealer won’t allow me near a car to check sound quality, they offered to move my build back until I can check it out(, I don’t think so

I’m torn between standard and upgrade, I’ve had Bose and B&O before, but I don’t play music that loud and could do with saving the money. But I have taken on board the comments about quality.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If it helps it's not about volume and more to do with clarity, depth and richness of sound.

The spoken word is more present and there.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
It’s become a pain, because of lockdown, dealer won’t allow me near a car to check sound quality, they offered to move my build back until I can check it out(, I don’t think so

I’m torn between standard and upgrade, I’ve had Bose and B&O before, but I don’t play music that loud and could do with saving the money. But I have taken on board the comments about quality.
personally I think at £900 the Bose system is a no brainer.
I currently have a burmeister in my 68 plate Cayenne S and love it, I use tidal to play music in my car, this time around I specced the Bose as I wanted to spend the money elsewhere...

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
Unfortunately it’s going to be a company car and is at the very top of my allowance((

otherwise, I would agree with you, and would also have specified the basics - folding mirrors, 360 camera, 18 way seats, red seat belts and matrix headlights
Stereo all day

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
The Bose in my 4S is also way better than the B&O in my previous Audi. I think it's a great system.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I have the standard plus in my Boxster and it is pretty weak compared to the Bose in my Taycan. It is by far the best I've experienced and that includes the disappointing Burmeister system in a MY20 Cayenne S.
I'm thinking of getting the Burmeister on a 4S CT ... currently I have it on a Macan Turbo which like a lot but it isn't mind blowing. The thing is i won't get the insulated glass... as i have checked too many options already. Are you really satisfied with you Bose system ?
Sponsored