batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
My dislike of SUVs is their appalling aerodynamics and efficiency. The high driving position is the only plus, the feeling that it may "fall over" in a corner is not.

Also they have poor primary safety because their stopping distance and potentiual for roll over are high for a passenger vehicle.

They are often but not always spacious inside (when I compared a BMW X5 had considerably less space inside than a 5-series estate car.)

The Taycan CT has none of these characteristics so referring to it as a SUV because it has 20mm (~¾") higher ride height and plastic trim on the wheelarch does not make it true :)
Quite, the CT is a Taycan designed for canine carriage and day to day navigation of the shocking state of uk roads and road furniture….in a rather fast and entertaining manner.
Sponsored

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
My German shepherd was rather looking forward to riding shot gun, but now I’m looking at an ST, is concerned she’ll be stuck in the boot 😅

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep. Just got the blendmount, and mirror tap for my radar. When they arrive I’ll install it along with the dash cam. Then, will tackle the side markers. Full front ppf on Tuesday. My son has already installed the tint all around.
When I had my car PPFed I asked them to apply dark PPF to side markers, looks great on Volcano Grey, but may work well on the Frozen Berry Metallic as well.
Awesome spec, happy drives to you both.

Image here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/please-welcome-stealth.3531/post-50046

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I had my car PPFed I asked them to apply dark PPF to side markers, looks great on Volcano Grey, but may work well on the Frozen Berry Metallic as well.
Awesome spec, happy drives to you both.

Image here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/please-welcome-stealth.3531/post-50046
My son offered to tint the side markers for me, but I saw some on here that are clear ones, and I think I like those more. Maybe I should put some electrical tape over them first and see how they look in black (dark) and see what my wife thinks before getting the clear ones.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Great men thinks alike. I see that you also chose not to get the Radar DIstance Cruise Control

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great men thinks alike. I see that you also chose not to get the Radar DIstance Cruise Control
LOL, I dislike the radar cruise control just as much as I dislike the self driving feature on the Tesla. I drive a Porsche because I love to drive, and am not going to let some computer do it for me. :cool:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Mine is a Cross Turismo, my most frequent passenger is my dog so I needed the space in the back. So far I specified the 21" cross Turismo wheels in volcano grey and matching inserts, if I changed to Frozen Berry I may change that too!
Isn’t it vesuvius grey wheels and inserts? It is a volcano anyway.

I also chose Vesuvius inserts and tempted by the 21 Vesuvius wheels but it was too expensive for me. Took 20 inch turbo s wheels

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Isn’t it vesuvius grey wheels and inserts? It is a volcano anyway.

I also chose Vesuvius inserts and tempted by the 21 Vesuvius wheels but it was too expensive for me. Took 20 inch turbo s wheels
Maybe. I forget the multiplicity of names given to "colours! without opening the configurator each time to remind myself
I have actually seen a CT on the road now and the silver inserts didn't look as awful on the car as in the pictures to me.

I dislike all the black with silver accent wheels.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Maybe. I forget the multiplicity of names given to "colours! without opening the configurator each time to remind myself
I have actually seen a CT on the road now and the silver inserts didn't look as awful on the car as in the pictures to me.

I dislike all the black with silver accent wheels.
I think with Mamba Vesuvius wheels and inserts are a good choice! I would prefer that over black 21 inch and inserts on mamba.
I chose Dolomite and the silver inserts are brighter than Dolomite and for me it doesn’t look good. For Mamba it can be different and silver might look good too. But than you have a mismatch with the wheels.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
No number plate on the front. Nightmare for ANPR and traffic offence over here.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No number plate on the front. Nightmare for ANPR and traffic offence over here.
In Texas, it's a $25 ticket, that's what I've heard. Knock on wood, I've only been pulled over 3x and given a warning.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
In Texas, it's a $25 ticket, that's what I've heard. Knock on wood, I've only been pulled over 3x and given a warning.
Texas land of the free! Over here not correctly showing the registration attracts a fine up to £1k and more worrying can invalidate the MOT ( annual road worthy test) which is required for insurance. So, insurance becomes invalid. But the main reason is big brother as we are surrounded by ANPR cameras that read number plates and ping the rozzers if not taxed, insured, person of interest etc
Sponsored