WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After having driven "my" Taycan this past weekend, I definitely can say that I love it and it was so worth the wait. I use the term "my" loosely because I've purchased it for my wife, but I'll get to drive it on the weekends :like:. She picked everything you see wit it, but I got to pick the version so I chose the Turbo. The Turbo S only has more power during launch controls, and I don't think it'll get used enough to justify the extra $30k. I think I made the right choice because the power of the turbo is super impressive. Having been satisfied with the power of the 991.1 C2S, the turbo is definitely up a couple of notches. I used to think electric motors only have torque down low, but at 80 MPH, I punched it, and immediately hit triple digits so that quickly squashed away my flawed thinking. On the flip side, I do missed the beautiful exhaust note of the 911, and also the sounds it makes during down shifts when braking hard into a corner. Speaking of corners, the 911 outshines it there as well, but don't get me wrong, the Taycan handles itself very well. On normal mode, the ride is super comfy as well, which makes it a jack of all trades. Enough with the words, here are some pics of "my" baby...
Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6602

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6604

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6607

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6608
Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6609

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6610

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6611

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6612

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6613

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6615
Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6617

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6618

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I used to think electric motors only have torque down low, but at 80 MPH, I punched it, and immediately hit triple digits so that quickly squashed away my flawed thinking.
How much torque there is at various speeds depends on HP and gearing.

“My” Taycan is also my wife’s. But I still drove it a couple hundred miles today. 🙂

How is the Berry in person? My wife was considering it but eventually decided against it.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
After having driven "my" Taycan this past weekend, I definitely can say that I love it and it was so worth the wait. I use the term "my" loosely because I've purchased it for my wife, but I'll get to drive it on the weekends :like:. She picked everything you see wit it, but I got to pick the version so I chose the Turbo. The Turbo S only has more power during launch controls, and I don't think it'll get used enough to justify the extra $30k. I think I made the right choice because the power of the turbo is super impressive. Having been satisfied with the power of the 991.1 C2S, the turbo is definitely up a couple of notches. I used to think electric motors only have torque down low, but at 80 MPH, I punched it, and immediately hit triple digits so that quickly squashed away my flawed thinking. On the flip side, I do missed the beautiful exhaust note of the 911, and also the sounds it makes during down shifts when braking hard into a corner. Speaking of corners, the 911 outshines it there as well, but don't get me wrong, the Taycan handles itself very well. On normal mode, the ride is super comfy as well, which makes it a jack of all trades. Enough with the words, here are some pics of "my" baby...
IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg
IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg
IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg
You definitely do not go for boring colors on your cars. Respect.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How much torque there is at various speeds depends on HP and gearing.

“My” Taycan is also my wife’s. But I still drove it a couple hundred miles today. 🙂

How is the Berry in person? My wife was considering it but eventually decided against it.
When we got the 991 when it first came out, so many people were taking pictures of it while we're driving, parked at a light, or in parking lots. It's the same with the Taycan. I was skeptical at first, and even the SA but we both thought it turned out really nice so kudos to my wife for picking it.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I was skeptical at first, and even the SA but we both thought it turned out really nice so kudos to my wife for picking it.
Looks great in the pictures. Enjoy.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You definitely do not go for boring colors on your cars. Respect.
I'll pass on your compliments to the misses. I also bought the 911 for her, and she picked everything on it as well. It's now my "hand me down", but still not too shabby.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg
IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg
IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg
Beautiful! Enjoy!

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Congratulations, looks awesome! Are you planning on upgrading to clear side markers?
Yep. Just got the blendmount, and mirror tap for my radar. When they arrive I’ll install it along with the dash cam. Then, will tackle the side markers. Full front ppf on Tuesday. My son has already installed the tint all around.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think that looks awesome and very unique in Frozen Berry.

Only seen it before on the UK launch RWD - with base spec and base wheels on wet UK roads during dull days last winter.

To see your (wife's) Turbo, with those wheels and spec, tinted, in the sun looks stunning.

It works really well with the contrast of the black trim and tints.
👌

This angle is gorgeous.

Porsche Taycan First weekend impression of "my" Taycan IMG_6611

Last edited:
OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think that looks awesome and very unique in Frozen Berry.

Only seen it before on the UK launch RWD - with base spec and base wheels on wet UK roads during dull days last winter.

To see your (wife's) Turbo, with those wheels and spec, tinted, in the sun looks stunning.

It works really well with the contrast of the black trim and tints.
👌

This angle is gorgeous.

IMG_6611.jpg
I am a 100% with you on this. I have seen so many YT vids, where it was either snowing, raining, or cloudy out and thought OMG what has my wife done. But, then found one being unloaded from the back of an 18 wheeler enclosed transporter on a somewhat sunny day, and felt much better about the color. When we finally saw it at the dealer for the first time in person that's when I thought she did really well. The same can be said about the mamba green though. We drove next to one on a rainy day, and thought the color was way too dark, and didn't look very good. On a different day that much brighter and nicer, that's when the color popped and looked really good. The other colors are not affected by the sun and weather as much. The black trims are a must for all colors except black I think. My son insisted we let him tint the windshield. I was hesitant fearing it'd be too dark at night, but glad we had it done now.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I like your house. :fist bump:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Absolutely love it.
Like Ruby Pink it will be a rare future classic. The fact that you have gone ‘all in’ with pink wheels is tremendous.
My GTS saloon will be gorgeous yet ‘safe’ crayon/chalk. I prefer the look of the saloon but I have to order a Sport Turismo soon as my 12 year is 6ft tall and growing like a bean sprout.
My wife won’t go in the back and I don’t fit in the back.
I think the ST is going to be Frozenberry!
Love Speed Yellow too but not paying PTS to get a yellow Taycan.
Black trim essential on pale cars.
Also love NO privacy glass. Beautiful symmetry on side view.
Sponsored