Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Well I contacted fitcamx today and was told that a fuse box connection was imperative for park mode to work on a Taycan.

Back to my original viofo a139 pro plan, I guess.
Viofo A139 Pro is a vastly superior camera to the FitcamX. The FitcamX is only 2K with a 4mp CMOS sensor, whereas the A139Pro uses the very latest Sony Starvis 2 IMX678 sensor, which is true 4k 3840x2160P at 30fps

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Viofo A139 Pro is a vastly superior camera to the FitcamX. The FitcamX is only 2K with a 4mp CMOS sensor, whereas the A139Pro uses the very latest Sony Starvis 2 IMX678 sensor, which is true 4k 3840x2160P at 30fps
Yeah. I do have some installation concerns regarding the A139 in the Taycan though. Maybe I'm just ocd but it's also hard to assess without having the car yet.

I should know in 4 months hopefully.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Don't disagree re: the sensor quality. But FitcamX has a 2K and a true 4K variant (which outputs 3840x2160):

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 22.40.52

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yeah. I do have some installation concerns regarding the A139 in the Taycan though. Maybe I'm just ocd but it's also hard to assess without having the car yet.

I should know in 4 months hopefully.
I've had my 4S CT for a month now and am slowly working out how I can do the install.
I've currently got a Mini 0906 as a front cam with the power lead tucked under the edge of the A pillar but I will release thd A pillar cover when I do the final install as I like to route the cables behind the airbag. I think he hard wire to thd fusebox is easy enough plenty of photos on here.
At the rear I have a temporary solution of a B1W plugged into the rear 12v socket. Easy enough to feed the power lead under the plastic trim around the rear screen using a long cable tidy then through the rubber conduit and out under the roof lining....
I'm waiting for the A139Pro to be available on the Viofo uk website which they tell me will any day now as they are just waiting for the courier to turn up.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting.

I used to have their "4K" camera installed. Would it help if I shared a quick sample file from the camera ?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had my 4S CT for a month now and am slowly working out how I can do the install.
I've currently got a Mini 0906 as a front cam with the power lead tucked under the edge of the A pillar but I will release thd A pillar cover when I do the final install as I like to route the cables behind the airbag. I think he hard wire to thd fusebox is easy enough plenty of photos on here.
At the rear I have a temporary solution of a B1W plugged into the rear 12v socket. Easy enough to feed the power lead under the plastic trim around the rear screen using a long cable tidy then through the rubber conduit and out under the roof lining....
I'm waiting for the A139Pro to be available on the Viofo uk website which they tell me will any day now as they are just waiting for the courier to turn up.
Actually my biggest concerns right now besides routing the cables is the placement of the camera itself. The viofo a139 pro has an offset camera lens to the right meaning that as a right hand driver (steering wheel on the left), the camera should be placed on the left side so that the lens can be placed closest to center. That however raises several issues and questions so before going that route, I'll have to try it on the right side. Just worried the image will be offset and not capture enough of the left side of the car.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Actually my biggest concerns right now besides routing the cables is the placement of the camera itself. The viofo a139 pro has an offset camera lens to the right meaning that as a right hand driver (steering wheel on the left), the camera should be placed on the left side so that the lens can be placed closest to center. That however raises several issues and questions so before going that route, I'll have to try it on the right side. Just worried the image will be offset and not capture enough of the left side of the car.
Ah yes very true for you guys.
That said the A139Pro has a 140° lens so I think it will be fine to fit on your passenger side.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah yes very true for you guys.
That said the A139Pro has a 140° lens so I think it will be fine to fit on your passenger side.
In your case, don't forget to leave at least a 5mm gap between the camera body and the mirror assembly so that you can slide out and remove the camera if needed (assuming you'll obviously install it on the left side of the car) 😊

Taycan101

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ok guys so finally got the cojones to install the rear fitcamx 😂

I basically pushed in the cable through the roof liner , down the A pillar then through the door weatherstrip, top of B pillar then through rear window weatherstrip and back. Finally tucked it over the 3rd light liner and done. You’re going to have a lot of cable left over just tuck it inside rear top liner.
Took about 20 min without taking anything off just using a plastic tool and a credit card.

You can see a little cable showing in some areas but since everything is black you can’t really notice in person.
The cable is pretty thick to tuck but it doesn’t look bad at all.

Sorry about the pictures hopefully they can help. The pictures are not uploading in order so I had to number each one.
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation B76D6261-4A06-4877-8FEE-DB667421DF05
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 4D8D2DCB-02F5-4CB4-B1B7-DD6628D3E9A8
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation EEBC36F4-2280-4813-973A-5B25D006923C
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation DE178754-DA1B-49F4-8D47-C02E6E7A4E09
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 7C677980-7C90-4781-BF8A-F2AE815D527C
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 16E418A9-E622-44A5-A05F-B7FB0B9EA7CF
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation A5F9A3BA-E234-4DFB-80C0-132E0F472092
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 86C07A24-5049-4D67-BB68-8514F4925A8B
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 1C16857C-C6F1-4FDE-845A-B694F0666B06
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation BCF64615-B989-4274-9E7D-40353AF848B1

Last edited:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Just connected the front fitcamx to my Taycan but it disconnects my Apple carplay when I want to access camera on the app… any ideas as to what’s going on?
Your phone app connects to the FitXcam by wifi, so you have to choose to connect to either dashcam wifi to access files or Taycan wifi to access wireless Apple Car Play, you can't do both at the same time.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I would have thought that you would want to avoid any airbags, in the a pillar, curtain bags over the windows and in the b pillar, and maybe around the rear door too.
I installed a front and rear camera in my son’s Volvo c60 by putting it under the kick plate. I took the a pillar interior trim off to get the cable behind the airbag. All very simple and avoided airbags too. It was easy enough to get it up to the rear window. Ok, I know it’s a different car but the principal is the same.
You can’t be too careful with airbags, you don’t want to restrict their deployment.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You sure there's an airbag on the A pillars? I had that crazy idea that it was mandatory to identify airbag locations and all my cars have a small SRS symbol on every airbag around the car. Never saw an SRS symbol on taycan A pillar pics.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You sure there's an airbag on the A pillars? I had that crazy idea that it was mandatory to identify airbag locations and all my cars have a small SRS symbol on every airbag around the car. Never saw an SRS symbol on taycan A pillar pics.
Defo airbag in A-pillars.

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 1673462233454
Sponsored