Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Yes, about 20-15 degrees. It’s a little fiddly to refit, but not too bad.
Can confirm. Easy off, less easy back on.
Sponsored

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm about to do mine. As I understand it, there's some kind of tab that has to be removed to get the middle piece out. Do you have any pics/details from that?
I just installed mine as well. And by using the posts about the topic on this forum i was able to install it quite quickly and without any incidents. Lots of thanks to all who have contributed on this thread :)

Derek:
You'll understand it when you see it. It's quite easy. It's just a rubber strip that is hooked onto the middle panel, to keep it from falling off when dismantling and potentially scratching the dashboard. Easy to disconnect...and reconnect.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I'm about to do mine. As I understand it, there's some kind of tab that has to be removed to get the middle piece out. Do you have any pics/details from that?

Did you twist off the rearview to do the install, and if so did you remove either of the two smaller trim parts before you did it?

Another question: what does the "camera" button on the device do?
I followed this video:

I didn't remove the mirror but could see it would be easier if the mirror has been removed.

The camera button would save the event to a separate folder and it would not get overwritten.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Another question: what does the "camera" button on the device do?
Pressing the camera button takes a snap shot and saves it as a separate still image on the SD card. And I believe 20-sec long press of camera button resets the device to factory settings.

Speaking of buttons, I'm assuming at some point they must have redesigned the FitcamX for the Taycan. An earlier post about this dashcam shows the buttons and lights on the side of the dash cam, but the FitcamX I received and installed last month has the buttons and indicator lights on the bottom surface.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't know how the guy in the video did this in 3 mins flat.

I got the trim pieces off - the last one was an absolute bitch.
Could not remove the rearview.

Camera is mounted but for the life of me I can't get the rain sensor cable out. It's tucked way up there and is really in there solid. Any advice on getting that thing out is greatly appreciated.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I don't know how the guy in the video did this in 3 mins flat.

I got the trim pieces off - the last one was an absolute bitch.
Could not remove the rearview.

Camera is mounted but for the life of me I can't get the rain sensor cable out. It's tucked way up there and is really in there solid. Any advice on getting that thing out is greatly appreciated.
Well done on getting the last part off – it always feels like you have to pull it apart – before sliding it downwards to the point of breaking it.

For me, getting the cable out – there is a little safety clip keeping it in its socket. Try a tiny screwdriver to nudge it while applying a little pull pressure and it should pop out.

And make sure its the smaller cable on top of the larger one you're attempting.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well done on getting the last part off – it always feels like you have to pull it apart – before sliding it downwards to the point of breaking it.
The camera itself is MUCH more cooperative. I had to remove it once already to reroute the wire, and it went off/on quite easily. But that trim piece really fought for dear life.

By the end I decided I didn't care if I broke it and went full Hulk on it. That's what finally got it to move.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Giving up on this device. It flashes red 4 times on start and does nothing else.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Giving up on this device. It flashes red 4 times on start and does nothing else.
No wifi connection available? Have you tried pressing the "camera" button for 20 seconds to reset it?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
No wifi connection available? Have you tried pressing the "camera" button for 20 seconds to reset it?
I tried that as well as the recessed reset button. The whole experience has given me cold feet, I've already returned it.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon, do I need to order a plastic tool set as well?
does removing the mirror counterclockwise help? It’s the least invasive cleanest solution, but it seems the hardest to install.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Ordered mine yesterday from Amazon, do I need to order a plastic tool set as well?
does removing the mirror counterclockwise help? It’s the least invasive cleanest solution, but it seems the hardest to install.
I have it sitting in my garage waiting for my car to arrive. The plastic tool is included, I believe.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
This dropped out? Anybody knows where it sits?

and how do i get the cam to click at the middle part? If comes close but doesn’t lock?

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_0325

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This dropped out? Anybody knows where it sits?

and how do i get the cam to click at the middle part? If comes close but doesn’t lock?

IMG_0325.jpeg
Doesn't look important. Throw it away

I'm joking 🤣

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
So got it connected and it works, but for the love of god, I can’t get it to click on the socket and slide into the middle piece. It sort of hangs loose one the metal socket and does not secure?

any tips?

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_0327

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_0328