Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Installed my FitcamX today - all went fairly smoothly and basically got it in in less than 30 minutes - power is on - turned Bluetooth off to connect the FitcamX to the Roadcam app but what ever I do the preview feathers in Roadcam fails to connect every time. The app sees the cam (called CARDV-d36b and teh default password on initial connection to the cam worked so all there seems good. I have an alternating blinking red and blue light seq on the cam - no idea if an error code or what - any ideas as to what I am doing working?

Any suggestions most appreciated - figured the installation all went a bit to easy!!
I don’t have one yet and my car burned up in the Atlantic so it will be a while longer until I install one. I’d reach out to their support via WhatsApp. There is a link to it on their website.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
UPDATE

The WhatsApp link provided by the QR code that came with my purchase of the FitcamX is apparently no longer valid!

That said I just found the FitcamX app which was not noted in the documentation that came with the cam - it connected and I can download vids from the unit - so thats solved. The PREVIEW function in the FitcamX app i now figured out requires you to turn off Cellular data if on in your phone’s settings (at least on the iPhone) - it is now also working.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t have one yet and my car burned up in the Atlantic so it will be a while longer until I install one. I’d reach out to their support via WhatsApp. There is a link to it on their website.
Oh man - msgs crossed in the ether! I am so sorry to hear that your order was on the boat - the last thing in the world you need is some nut pinging you about cams right now - my apologies!

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
tigerbalm
f10tt
Brian IRL
Knight Rider
Rainforest

FITCAMX - DASHBOARD REFLECTIONS IN RECORDED VIDEO

Had a quick question re your FitcamX vids - you guys do not seem to be getting or do not mention dashboard reflections issues whereas I seem to be having quite significant issues with this on my first couple of runs.

I had it to some degree in my M4 with the BlackVue system I had installed but Blackvue actually recognized the problem (non-unique) and provided a lens corrector to minimize if not entirely remove the reflection problem (acted sort of like a polarizer).

Did you (or others reading this) in any way compensate for dashboard reflection with your FitcamX? The other thought I had was could it be related to the thermal-noice insulated glass in my car vs others in terms of possibly increased reflections?

Cheers, C.

UPDATE - they responded and indeed offer no solution but point to other manufacturers solutions including polarizers as I suggested! Guises I’ll be buying my own and experimenting!

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Oh man - msgs crossed in the ether! I am so sorry to hear that your order was on the boat - the last thing in the world you need is some nut pinging you about cams right now - my apologies!
I didn’t mean for my reply to come off as curt or abrupt. You didn’t need to apologize at all and I really appreciate your empathy with this bizarre situation. I wish I could offer help with your cam issue.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t mean for my reply to come off as curt or abrupt. You didn’t need to apologize at all and I really appreciate your empathy with this bizarre situation. I wish I could offer help with your cam issue.
Not curt/abrupt whatsoever - I was just embarrassed to be bugging you with my trivial issue when your dealing with this disaster - no worries and thx again.

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Quick question for those that have installed this: is it necessary to disconnect batteries and such before doing the install?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Quick question for those that have installed this: is it necessary to disconnect batteries and such before doing the install?
No need. When you disconnect the required cable that plugs into the dashcam – you will see two warnings appear:

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_0187

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation IMG_0188

This is perfectly okay and they will automatically clear once you've connected the removed cable into the dashcam and plugged the dashcam into the socket where you've removed the original cable.

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
tigerbalm
f10tt
Brian IRL
Knight Rider
Rainforest

FITCAMX - DASHBOARD REFLECTIONS IN RECORDED VIDEO

Had a quick question re your FitcamX vids - you guys do not seem to be getting or do not mention dashboard reflections issues whereas I seem to be having quite significant issues with this on my first couple of runs.

I had it to some degree in my M4 with the BlackVue system I had installed but Blackvue actually recognized the problem (non-unique) and provided a lens corrector to minimize if not entirely remove the reflection problem (acted sort of like a polarizer).

Did you (or others reading this) in any way compensate for dashboard reflection with your FitcamX? The other thought I had was could it be related to the thermal-noice insulated glass in my car vs others in terms of possibly increased reflections?

Cheers, C.

UPDATE - they responded and indeed offer no solution but point to other manufacturers solutions including polarizers as I suggested! Guises I’ll be buying my own and experimenting!
I was wondering if you had any luck with tackling the reflections. I’m about to give in and try to find a solution.

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
Bought a few different sized polarizing lens but yet to find time to fit - hopefully vey soon.
I have also placed an order for some film to see if I can find a good solution.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
After struggling to remove the trim panels as described above and then finding it impossible to reassemble the various parts with the FitcamX in place I have hit on a simple way to do all this.

I couldn't get the middle piece back on so gave up and removed the camera to have a try later. On my second attempt when I was struggling to get the middle piece back on again, the whole mirror came off the mounting on the screen! It turns out that mirror assembly can be dismounted by rotating it anti/counter-clockwise about 15-20 degrees and can be replaced using the same process in reverse just as easily. You have to remove the larger rear trim piece first, which is removed by moving it forward towards the screen. And then the rest rotates off.

It is now much easier to remove the two front trim pieces from the mirror assembly without much of a struggle. And I assume that routing the camera wires will also be easier. I shall have another go tomorrow with camera.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After struggling to remove the trim panels as described above and then finding it impossible to reassemble the various parts with the FitcamX in place I have hit on a simple way to do all this.

I couldn't get the middle piece back on so gave up and removed the camera to have a try later. When I was struggling to get the middle piece back again on the whole mirror came off the mounting on the screen! It turns out that the mirror assembly can be dismounted by rotating it anti/counter-clockwise about 15-20 degrees and replaced using the same process in reverse as easily. You have to remove the larger rear piece first, which is removed by moving it forward towards the screen. And then the rest rotates off.

It is now much easier to remove the two front trim pieces from the mirror assembly without much of a struggle. And I assume that routing the camera wires will also be easier. I shall have another go tomorrow with camera.
Albeit indeed a bit tricky I managed to get mine installed pretty quickly but the rotate the mirror base trick a def 'Good to Know" :) Would have to be fairly simple if only to allow swapping out the front glass when damaged. Good share!

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So after reading this and other threads, and with some trepidation I got to installing the fitcamx today. Really its the only OEM looking solution (Porsches own one is tragic). I was expecting to do war but it was not to bad. Mind you, its not the first time I have done work removing trim on a car.

Getting things disassembled was easy enough about 10 minutes. Start with the large piece, then the middle bit finally the housing around the mirror. That last bit causes people problems but the issue is that when you loosen off one side you pop the other side back in. People suggest pulling both sides at the same time, but easier pop one side, put another trim tool or a credit card in there to stop it reseating and then pop the other.

Fitting the fitcamx was a bit more difficult. The connector in my MY22 4S is under another larger connector and needed light and a small screwdriver to unclip the connector. Also you have to run the cable inside the fitcamx neatly to get it to seat properly...that took me about 15 minutes of trial and error, the fitment is good but not perfect. Reassembly from there is easy. Working above your shoulder height is always lactic acid city in the shoulders.

Picture quality is good and its fairly plug and play. I have no complaints. About 45 minutes start to finish and thats me taking my time to not damage anything, but honestly Porsche make their trim clips strong unlike BMW that make them out of crackers.

A good solution, very neat OEM look, no wires to route and a simple interface on the app, its just runs recording 1 min loops.
Any tips on getting that connector out? Did you have to cut the string?

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
no need cut the string you can unhook it. Just have a look at the way its connected,
Sponsored