fixing Innodrive - a trip report

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Thanks! Looks like it handled the curve pretty well. My build locked already and I left it out though. My current thinking is it would be most fun if you had a convertible, to scare others.

P.S. I was watching a Tesla FSD video and when it ran over the curb the driver acted as if nothing went wrong?!?!
Sponsored

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
Thanks! Looks like it handled the curve pretty well. My build locked already and I left it out though. My current thinking is it would be most fun if you had a convertible, to scare others.

P.S. I was watching a Tesla FSD video and when it ran over the curb the driver acted as if nothing went wrong?!?!
I stay aware to make sure I can veer around potholes and other dangers on our new england roads

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I stay aware to make sure I can veer around potholes and other dangers on our new england roads
I drive around potholes and manhole covers to avoid damage and make the drive as smooth as possible - drives my wife nuts.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
It's all in the manual. I read it 3-4 times before the care came out but the manual was, back in feb.

Re: Innodrive (PID) and Active Lane Keep (ALK) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).
Many people confuse them, and that is from my experience a big source of confusion on forums.
They are all independent systems.

To put it simply:
ACC adjusts your speed by manipulating brake/throttle. - Big fan of - a safety feature.
ALK adjusts your direction of travel by manipulating the wheel. - Big fan of - a safety feature.
PID tries to foresee things happening, and manipulates accordingly. - Not a big fan of.

As the OP said: Turn off "regard speed limits". That will be a source of unpleasantness.

@vertebae : " With active lane keep on (and your hand lightly on the steering wheel), will Innodrive continue steering at all speeds? Also, is it required that you have a destination plugged into the nav, or will it just auto-steer in your designated lane if there's no destination? "
Yes, steers at all speeds, and without any destination.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have experienced Innodrive slowing the car on the interstate as the car approaches a hill and there are no car ahead in the lane within radar range. The car may be thinking it is approaching a barrier or something. I just hope the brake lights are on during this episode.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
If the car is equipped with Innodrive, is it possible to only run ACC and ALK and not Innodrive?

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@TheFutre yes its a setting - you can "downgrade/enable" simple ACC