First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello All,

I currently have a Taycan 4S 2021 with Perrelli P Zero's, Front 245/45/20 and Rear 285/40/20. I have 2 flat tires in the front so I purchased 4 brand new tires just to change everything all around as the back ones look pretty worn. I want to take the car to a Tire place in my area however, they don't have the pucks for the Taycan to lift it. However, they are saying they can use any puck and the car will be fine. Is this true? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Do any of you take your car elsewhere for tires?

The reason I don't want to take it to the Dealership is the labor last time for 2 tires was $1876.00, that's more than I paid for the tires. Also, they never seem to have a loaner car and my car is always there for 2+ days. Then I'm stuck paying for the rental.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Don’t need special pucks for Taycan….just need to be able to hit the lift points (and nothing else) which should be do-able with most commercial lifts.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The reason I don't want to take it to the Dealership is the labor last time for 2 tires was $1876.00,
I’m sorry, wut? Or I should say, wtf?!!!

They charged you $1876 to mount and balance two tires? Are you shitting me?! And you paid it?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
i used the tire rack service where they come to your house and do everything there. Tire pricing was good and install cost was $50 a corner or something like that. Just the speed at which the work is done is worth it alone! Never going to a shop again when it can come to you. The trucks also had great and very new equipment!

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
i used the tire rack service where they come to your house and do everything there. Tire pricing was good and install cost was $50 a corner or something like that. Just the speed at which the work is done is worth it alone! Never going to a shop again when it can come to you. The trucks also had great and very new equipment!
Awesome, thank you! Much Appreciated

OP
OP
Lauryen828

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sorry, wut? Or I should say, wtf?!!!

They charged you $1876 to mount and balance two tires? Are you shitting me?! And you paid it?
Unfortunately yes, I literally wasn't paying attention as they had already had my car for 8 weeks because of a mechanical issue. I noticed later, I was so angry at myself (My dad wasn't happy at all). However Porsche gave me a payout because my car had so many issues and they as a courtesy increased my pay out. I NEVER take my cars to the dealership for this reason. I was super careless. HUGE expensive lesson learned.
Sponsored