OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Here’s the update. Porsche service center replaced the tire and will reimburse me for the towing service. When I went to pick my car, the wheel had all markings and grease and i refused to take the car. They cleaned it, and we saw a dent on the edge of the wheel. I don’t think it was there when I brought it in. But they never took pictures because it came in when they were closed. They said they can fix the wheel but it will take a week for repairZ It’s very small so I left it. But it’s annoying for them not to clean the grease off. Not something I should be telling them. Also, the markings from the tow truck on the wheels isn’t cleaned and now i’ll have to get them cleaned tm.

Porsche Taycan Flat Tire Disaster / Taycan 4S / NY F734013E-6723-49E2-B277-82A9D613A6FC

Porsche Taycan Flat Tire Disaster / Taycan 4S / NY EAAC67B2-26CC-4564-B68C-2B3DD211C973

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
You just inject it into your tire via the air nozzle, then inflate, drive around a bit, then inflate again. The goop fills the hole from the inside. I wasn't aware that it completely destroyed the tire, but I can imagine it making a major mess in the tire.
Oh, that could have been an option. I’ll check if I have it in my car. I was 5 miles from the service center, so that could have probably worked.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
As for a spare wheel: where are you all planning on sticking that? It's not like this car has ample storage in the trunk or frunk...
What's the plan for this spare wheel in general? Are we jacking the 6000 pound car up on the soft shoulder? If so, where is the 21" wheel with the punctured 305/30 going to go? Right next to the floor jack and tool kit?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I have to learn how to use that. I was also unable to find where the tire was punctured from. Sercice center told me it was a hole
I learned on the side of the road reading the manual. It was much easier than expected. I now carry a full patch kit in my car, so I won't have to use the goo, but in a pinch, it works great.

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
May I suggest this for you all.
I bought a Xiaomi Air pump. It has worked wonders for me .
It is light , portable and powerful. I never visit the gas station to get my air now.
Use this with a sealant and you might just be able to limp home.

Porsche Taycan Flat Tire Disaster / Taycan 4S / NY Xiaomi Pum

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Here’s the update. Porsche service center replaced the tire and will reimburse me for the towing service. When I went to pick my car, the wheel had all markings and grease and i refused to take the car. They cleaned it, and we saw a dent on the edge of the wheel. I don’t think it was there when I brought it in. But they never took pictures because it came in when they were closed. They said they can fix the wheel but it will take a week for repairZ It’s very small so I left it. But it’s annoying for them not to clean the grease off. Not something I should be telling them. Also, the markings from the tow truck on the wheels isn’t cleaned and now i’ll have to get them cleaned tm.

F734013E-6723-49E2-B277-82A9D613A6FC.jpeg

EAAC67B2-26CC-4564-B68C-2B3DD211C973.jpeg
I think you're going to have to clean that off yourself. The dealership cleaning it off will likely end up with micro scratches if it's the shop taking care of it.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Flat Tire Disaster / Taycan 4S / NY tempImageupn1M4

So, less than 24 hours after getting involved in a flat tyre discussion, guess what i just spotted. 😱
Fortunately no loss of pressure and just had it fixed. To quote the repair man: "Easy-Peasy"

If anyone starts a thread on cars spontaneously combusting, I won't be contributing...

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
tempImageupn1M4.jpg

So, less than 24 hours after getting involved in a flat tyre discussion, guess what i just spotted. 😱
Fortunately no loss of pressure and just had it fixed. To quote the repair man: "Easy-Peasy"

If anyone starts a thread on cars spontaneously combusting, I won't be contributing...
Oh No ! Sorry :)

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag

F734013E-6723-49E2-B277-82A9D613A6FC.jpeg

EAAC67B2-26CC-4564-B68C-2B3DD211C973.jpeg

Ive worried about this too. These are super stiff tires, and I've had wheels marked from shops trying to manhandle the sidewall on. But you're right- the reason you bother to have Porsche put tires on is so they wont do shit like this.
Do you figure they dented the wheel somehow? Or figure it was from the original blowout?
Did you have the wheel and tire insurance cover this?