First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I need some help!
I’ve had the High Voltage Fault resulting in a new (2022) battery fitted to my 2020 4S+
I’ve had the Electrical System Fault resulting in a new H/V unit
And now I’ve still got the Red Electrical System Fault!

My request for help is “does anybody out there have resolution of this fault”? If nothing else, it could help the Porsche centre fix my car. . . . . .
Sponsored

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I’m currently waiting on a new central computer module or “e-box” after a red electrical system fault that did not resolve itself. From what I’ve been told, the local techs (US/TX) do not make any decisions on how to fix the vehicle. They hook it to a machine that transmits all the data to Porsche corporate techs who then recommend the resolution. Since the car is unable to move under its own power (the fault has not been cleared weeks later) the techs need to push roll it in and out of the workshop every time they need to transmit data to Porsche.

They have an e-box on hand for a sedan/saloon but it does not fit the turismos so I’m waiting, like 5+ weeks, until the supplier can build and ship a new one.

Might be worth a shot to ask about this part.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I need some help!
I’ve had the High Voltage Fault resulting in a new (2022) battery fitted to my 2020 4S+

My request for help is “does anybody out there have resolution of this fault”? If nothing else, it could help the Porsche centre fix my car. . . . . .
Sorry no - what a pain!

Does the car function as normal, intermittently, or not at all?

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m currently waiting on a new central computer module or “e-box” after a red electrical system fault that did not resolve itself. From what I’ve been told, the local techs (US/TX) do not make any decisions on how to fix the vehicle. They hook it to a machine that transmits all the data to Porsche corporate techs who then recommend the resolution. Since the car is unable to move under its own power (the fault has not been cleared weeks later) the techs need to push roll it in and out of the workshop every time they need to transmit data to Porsche.

They have an e-box on hand for a sedan/saloon but it does not fit the turismos so I’m waiting, like 5+ weeks, until the supplier can build and ship a new one.

Might be worth a shot to ask about this part.
Thanks, will pass Info’ on.
Sorry no - what a pain!

Does the car function as normal, intermittently, or not at all?
After a 5 week wait for the new main battery, problems were seen regarding compatibility (2022 battery) so a further delay as some additional electronics needed to be replaced For full communication. All that done, car ready for collection. Guess what? Closed the door and foot on the brake - Electrical System Fault! So the car stayed at the dealership for further work. The problem is, as I’m sure you have guessEd, its not showing the fault now when powered up.

I’m just hoping they are being systematic in their diagnosis. The true is Porsches diagnostic codes are crap and don’t contain enough information for the dealership. I had 30 years in electronics design for automotive braking systems so have some idea what fault codes are needed.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
I need some help!

Did You get a replacement car by Porsche? I am awaiting delivery of a 4S `CT and reading about all the electrical faults is not confidence inspiring

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Did You get a replacement car by Porsche? I am awaiting delivery of a 4S `CT and reading about all the electrical faults is not confidence inspiring
Car now fixed - some communication module not talking sense to the 2022 battery. Unfortunately, I now have another issue, nothing to do with the car going. It’s now all about stopping!

Whatever software updates have been done the brake blending between re-gen’ and hydraulic braking is off. A long pedal results. Usually worse just before you stop. Having looked on this forum Porsche have released a fault correction sheet about this. I’ve gone through the procedure to help the re-gen’ learn when the brake blending is needed and this has helped, although not fully fixed.

My car is going in for a brake bleed as this is one of the procedures to fix the issue.

My real concern is how Porsche could test drive my car and say it was fit for return! I noticed the brake pedal issue before I was off the forecourt. . .

saying all that, still can’t wait for my ST GTS. . .
Sponsored