Front Bumper Recall in USA

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Received today for my USA Spec 2020 4S+

"Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) has developed a new front bumper with reinforced welded joints specifically for your Taycan. We are contacting you because this updated part is now available to you FREE at your Porsche Dealer.

Porsche Taycan Front Bumper Recall in USA PCNA

What is the issue?
Due to a production error, it is possible that a welded joint on the bumper of your vehicle does not meet the required specifications.
What will Porsche Do?
Your Porsche Dealer will replace the front bumper on your vehicle during your next visit to the dealer. This will be done at NO COST TO YOU."
Sponsored

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag

"Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) has developed a new front bumper with reinforced welded joints specifically for your Taycan. We are contacting you because this updated part is now available to you FREE at your Porsche Dealer.

PCNA.jpg

What is the issue?
Due to a production error, it is possible that a welded joint on the bumper of your vehicle does not meet the required specifications.
What will Porsche Do?
Your Porsche Dealer will replace the front bumper on your vehicle during your next visit to the dealer. This will be done at NO COST TO YOU."

Wow! that's the first I've heard of it. Let's us know how it works out on the replacement.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
"This will be done at NO COST TO YOU." Well, there will be the cost of having PPF put back on the new front bumper. I am sure Porsche will not cover that if you had it on the original bumper.

AJRDU

First Name
Artis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
"This will be done at NO COST TO YOU." Well, there will be the cost of having PPF put back on the new front bumper. I am sure Porsche will not cover that if you had it on the original bumper.
isn't it the metal, frame-mounted bumper? If so, the bumper cover (the painted outside) is just removed and reinstalled over the actual bumper beneath.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
isn't it the metal, frame-mounted bumper? If so, the bumper cover (the painted outside) is just removed and reinstalled over the actual bumper beneath.
I think this is the case.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I guess my first reaction was that I am surprised that it took 2+ years for this flaw to be discovered - possibly a post-crash investigation that found this - who knows!

I am also guessing it applies to a limited production run i.e. a number of select 2020 builds?

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Ah, good point and hopefully you are correct.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

PCNA.jpg

What is the issue?
What will Porsche Do?
Received same email today for my July 2020 4S delivery.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Front bumper recall completed. Took a month to schedule and a little over a week to complete on my '20 4S+. (Not a well-organized service department and it didn't sound like they had actually ordered the part in advance.)

Parts included the steel impact beam, seals, bolts, and screws.

Labor per Porsche Service Bulletin, covered at no cost along with the beam replacement, included a four-way wheel alignment, along with front camera, ACC sensor, headlight, side radar, and surround view calibration.

Make sure they order the parts in advance of your service!

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Just had the front bumper recall performed. Scheduled three weeks out timed it with snow tire swap to summer tires.
Recall took one day. However, when I went to pick it up vehicle had many warnings for braking and safety detection. The kept the vehicle another day to download data and found that some wiring or connections where not correct post bumper reinstall.
Adding images of new bumper (interior) they installed.
All good.

Porsche Taycan Front Bumper Recall in USA IMG_5550

Porsche Taycan Front Bumper Recall in USA IMG_5552

Porsche Taycan Front Bumper Recall in USA IMG_5553

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Just had the front bumper recall performed. Scheduled three weeks out timed it with snow tire swap to summer tires.
Recall took one day. However, when I went to pick it up vehicle had many warnings for braking and safety detection. The kept the vehicle another day to download data and found that some wiring or connections where not correct post bumper reinstall.
Adding images of new bumper (interior) they installed.
All good.

IMG_5550.png

IMG_5552.png

IMG_5553.png
How can it even get to the point of handing a car back to a customer without checking there aren't a load of warning lights on? P1ss poor.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
How can it even get to the point of handing a car back to a customer without checking there aren't a load of warning lights on? P1ss poor.
They said when they drove it post bumper no warnings. I had them place it on their level 3 charger so it would be ready for me. Unplugged and instantly had 3 warnings scroll through drivers screen right side.
They quickly gave me the 2023 Macan T loaner I had originally.
No big deal my dealer is really great to work with. Service two vehicles with them.
They offered to deliver my car to me the next day. 45 miles away from dealer.
I collected the vehicle at dealer just in case.
All good now.
Sponsored

Last edited: