epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well I was driving today. And was turning left with oncoming traffic. I timed my turn and was about to turn as a car was going by me from the opposite direction. But I guess I was a bit to aggressive for the car. As I started to turn the car slammed on the break, the collision warning came up. Before I noticed why for a second I though I had some kind of drivetrain failure.

But its nice to know the system works. Even if it is a bit too “touchy.” I’ll check to see if there are any settings I can adjust.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Well I was driving today. And was turning left with oncoming traffic. I timed my turn and was about to turn as a car was going by me from the opposite direction. But I guess I was a bit to aggressive for the car. As I started to turn the car slammed on the break, the collision warning came up. Before I noticed why for a second I though I had some kind of drivetrain failure.

But its nice to know the system works. Even if it is a bit too “touchy.” I’ll check to see if there are any settings I can adjust.
The break assist for me is the worst thing in the car, and would love to permanently disable it.
  • I engages even at low speeds when you drive behind people walking. I have to drive on a road in a public park with lots of people walking on the road.
  • It engages, when you get too close to a truck in front of you in order to get into a gap right in that moment, when you decided to hit the go pedal. Dangerous loss of power.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the opposite effect... there are situations where if I didn't slam on the brakes, the car would have ram into the car in front... It seems if you have any amount of brake pressure, it's disengaged... as well as coasting... no warning... if I'm on the accelerator, it will "some times" give me warnings...

there is a setting to set it to normal, late and early warning... and I'm on the early setting....

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
The break assist for me is the worst thing in the car, and would love to permanently disable it.
Just want to verify. Is there truly no way to permanently disable this "feature?" If not, that would change my "85% sure I'm going to cancel my Taycan order" to a firm 100%.

Last edited:
OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Just want to verify. Is there truly no way to permanently disable this "feature?" If not, that would change my "85% sure I'm going to cancel my Taycan order" to a firm 100%.
I will check next time I am near the car but I am pretty sure you can turn off any/all safety features.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I'm in early setting as well. Very helpful in my opinion.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
front collision just saved me last week in my bmw. Was in stop and go traffic, and finally got moving again... I thought we were in the clear and my gaze drifted to something on the side of the road. sure enough the car in front came to a complete stop again. The collision system beeped and started applying brakes which allowed me to apply full brakes. I completely locked up the car And stopped 2 feet from the car in front. No question I would have hit the car in front of me without it. Would have been a 25/30mph rear end. Obviously completely my fault, but.. thankfully the safety feature saved me. Nobody’s perfect all the time, and for a daily commuter I’m glad to have it.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Yes you can turn it off. The options are early/regular/late/off.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
You can switch it off, but it is on the next time you drive. No way to get rid off it for good! Perhaps you know a good car hacker...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I have the opposite effect... there are situations where if I didn't slam on the brakes, the car would have ram into the car in front... It seems if you have any amount of brake pressure, it's disengaged... as well as coasting... no warning... if I'm on the accelerator, it will "some times" give me warnings...

there is a setting to set it to normal, late and early warning... and I'm on the early setting....
Interesting, thank you. I will give the early setting a spin...

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Aren't you in China? What I remember from Chinese traffic is life and death situations every five minutes and no one wears a seat belt.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Aren't you in China? What I remember from Chinese traffic is life and death situations every five minutes and no one wears a seat belt.
Ahh, the good old days! This week:

...traffic police have launched a campaign that will run until the end of the year to punish drivers who honk “indiscriminately.” Drivers who break the honking rules in no-honking zones will be given a verbal warning upon slight horns. If drivers continue to honk loudly, they will be fined 300 yuan (US$46).

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag

You have to learn how to do this but try left foot braking. It is a skill that you should have. Practice it on side streets, etc., to get the feel. Right foot on the accelerator, left foot on the brake. Learn to use the left foot as you enter turns, etc. You will find that your day-to-day driving skills will be much improved giving greater control of the car. I am wondering if this technique will disable the 'scare me to death braking feature' that you are describing?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Where is the setting in the PCM? I can’t find it.
Sponsored