Regenerative Braking Setting

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've turned off auto recup for the past two days.

I actually prefer it.

I also dumped lane keeping assist.

They're all nice but after a week or two the novelty wears off and you start thinking who's driving after all.

Now the car behaves just like its owner: all over the lanes and late braking.

I love it
Sponsored

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Recuperation in auto is horrible, it's not really all that smooth--just ask your passengers. In case anyone is interested, recuperation on and off have different throttle/brake pedal input mappings. So if you drive in one mode for awhile, then in another, driving input is slightly different.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I am confused by the manual and wanted to confirm if the car is actually Coasting or not when the setting is Off. How confusing is this statement: Setting = Off > No display > No coasting. Vehicle rolls (coasting). I think Coasting word should be replaced by Regen word to make any sense. I understand that there is a default Regen on that is all the time or intelligent behind the scenes, then this setting just makes it more so with On and then variable in Auto.

Porsche Taycan Regenerative Braking Setting 1693325209348

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I am confused by the manual and wanted to confirm if the car is actually Coasting or not when the setting is Off. How confusing is this statement: Setting = Off > No display > No coasting. Vehicle rolls (coasting). I think Coasting word should be replaced by Regen word to make any sense. I understand that there is a default Regen on that is all the time or intelligent behind the scenes, then this setting just makes it more so with On and then variable in Auto.

1693325209348.png
I assume that is an error
Off = coasting

Derip88

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
For me it is:
1) Recuperation off for highway cruising, because it's more efficient without being in any way annoying.
2) Poke the steering wheel button to turn on lift-off recuperation when in traffic, or around town, which lets me use the brake pedal less.
3) Never use "Auto" recuperation mode because I don't like the car to decide how much to slow down.
same exact 3 points with mine
Sponsored